ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 23
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:39 AM 03-29-2023
Does he realize that he's finished the last 2 seasons on IR? Has he watched his playoff performances? He thinks he's awsome because the media blows his head up and his MVP. In reality that season was a one timer. He isn't that great.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:45 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He also sat out during a playoff run when he was merely trying to protect his earning potential.

Imagine what he'd do AFTER he gets a bunch of guarantees.

That possibility vanished once he decided he put his money ahead of his team. And again - I can even understand why he did it. But that doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Ask Mathieu how the league views business decisions.
Jackson should honestly just stay off Twitter. But since he won't, the best thing he could do is discuss what Baltimore offered him and what he is looking for. That's the one thing that he won't address on Twitter. He addressed the injury and playoffs and while evidence points to him malingering, there is no sure fire way to know for sure.

While I get why he keeps dodging talking about his demands, he would just be best served talking about it. Even if it's not exact #s, having a ballpark # would benefit him in the court of public opinion which is clear he cares about. I believe I know why he won't discuss that one thing, and that is because his demands are ridiculous and if he were vocal about it that could hurt his cause. The Watson contract was stupid, but pre meltdown he was a far superior QB than Jackson and still could be again.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:47 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Has this been confirmed?
It hasn't. It's all fan speculation, but we are at a he said/she said stage in the Jackson saga.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:50 AM 03-29-2023
Has this been confirmed?
No.

But is it any better if he was ACTUALLY hurt? During the postseason. For the second year in a row?

There's no scenario whereby he comes off that whole situation and has standing for substantial guarantees.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:37 AM 03-29-2023
No.

But is it any better if he was ACTUALLY hurt? During the postseason. For the second year in a row?

There's no scenario whereby he comes off that whole situation and has standing for substantial guarantees.
It could also be a combination of things. Maybe Lamar looked at the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs, and asked himself if his team, meaning his offense, defense, and special teams, had a legitimate chance to win against any of those teams while he played less than 100%, and maybe his honest assessment was NO, so he just didn't see the benefit of playing hurt, only to lose, and increase the potential of getting hurt worse by either re-injuring himself or getting a new injury.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:40 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
It could also be a combination of things. Maybe Lamar looked at the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs, and asked himself if his team, meaning his offense, defense, and special teams, had a legitimate chance to win against any of those teams while he played less than 100%, and maybe his honest assessment was NO, so he just didn't see the benefit of playing hurt, only to lose, and increase the potential of getting hurt worse by either re-injuring himself or getting a new injury.
They almost beat the Bengals with Huntley. Had Jackson played they win that game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So he decided he wasn't about 10% better than Tyler Huntly?

Yeah - that's a guy I wanna guarantee $200 million...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:29 PM 03-29-2023
If you were one of these massively wealthy owners would you give two firsts and 200 mil guaranteed for this injury prone idiot? He had some good seasons and then played like shiy when it mattered. Yes he's 45-17 and Jimmy G is as well but nobody would give him that either. Browns deal is bad and everyone thinks it's bad so he wants a team to do the same? It's stupidity to think they should.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:30 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Somebody needs to tell dude to just :-)
Isn't Lamar admitting in this post that he sat out for the playoffs last season for money and not injury? It reads that way to me.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:30 PM 03-29-2023
seems like the market, for his price, is dryer than the Mojave
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:35 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Isn't Lamar admitting in this post that he sat out for the playoffs last season for money and not injury? It reads that way to me.
Not at all.

He's saying he was on the last year of his contract starting week 1 of last year and yet he did not sit out games then despite the fact that he could have gotten injured the entire time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:40 PM 03-29-2023
Not at all.

He's saying he was on the last year of his contract starting week 1 of last year and yet he did not sit out games then despite the fact that he could have gotten injured the entire time.
that's not how it reads to me, but the poor grammar makes it hard to be sure what he's saying.

But to me, it looks like he's saying he didn't sit out the first 12 weeks of the season, but then he did sit out after that "for money." You're saying that's not what he's saying?
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:43 PM 03-29-2023
He also sat out during a playoff run when he was merely trying to protect his earning potential.

Imagine what he'd do AFTER he gets a bunch of guarantees.

That possibility vanished once he decided he put his money ahead of his team. And again - I can even understand why he did it. But that doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Ask Mathieu how the league views business decisions.
Badger got a solid deal from the Saints for his age/mileage/attitude.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No.

He's saying he could've gotten hurt anytime prior to week 12 and didn't sit those out to protect his payday then so why would he be sitting out to protect it in the postseason?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:46 PM 03-29-2023
No.

He's saying he could've gotten hurt anytime prior to week 12 and didn't spot those out to protect his payday then so why would he be sitting out to protect it in the postseason?
Ah, okay. Never mind then.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 23
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up