ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:00 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
A qb who primarily runs can't win the SuperBowl

Lamar wants a trade but the ravens already put him out there for 2 first round picks

nobody wanted him
It would be a total all in move.

If he stayed healthy the right sort of team could.

SF.

Maybe the Jets, especially if they would have spent their FA differently.

Certainly some other teams.

But yeah, giving him a fat guaranteed contract at his age with his style would be very high risk no doubt.
[Reply]
Bump 07:57 PM 03-27-2023
he's 1-3 in the playoffs and was injured for last years playoffs. The 1 win was a wildcard round.

not exactly someone any team should want to shell out record guaranteed money to. The Browns are just stupid AF and nobody should be basing their contract by "oh look how the much the Browns gave Watson."

Jackson is a good football player, don't get me wrong but he's obviously not carrying the team to the Superbowl like Patrick Mahomes does.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:34 PM 03-27-2023
Lamar is not a student of the game and his arm sucks. Athleticism alone will only get you so far.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:22 AM 03-28-2023
If he skipped a playoff game because of his contract. I'd imagine his teammates want him gone
[Reply]
tredadda 07:24 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
If he skipped a playoff game because of his contract. I'd imagine his teammates want him gone
There are some Baltimore fans who Belize this to be true.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:25 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
he's 1-3 in the playoffs and was injured for last years playoffs. The 1 win was a wildcard round.

not exactly someone any team should want to shell out record guaranteed money to. The Browns are just stupid AF and nobody should be basing their contract by "oh look how the much the Browns gave Watson."

Jackson is a good football player, don't get me wrong but he's obviously not carrying the team to the Superbowl like Patrick Mahomes does.
Watson, if he were to return to his pre meltdown form is a far better QB than Jackson. Even then as you said the Browns were stupid to give him that contract.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:56 AM 03-28-2023
It's the price of doing business vs a sound investment argument. Paying Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, etc is the price of doing business. Paying Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen and Joe Burrow are varying forms of sound investments. Lamar had his years to show if he was worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as the other sound investment quarterbacks, but his playoff record speaks for itself. As the QB you don't get to pick your team usually coming out of the draft, you roll with the dice that you were given, but the Ravens were Super Bowl worthy a year or two out of those years, namely the 2019 MVP year for Lamar, but he didn't get it done. You can point to regular season stats all you want, nobody doubts your ability to get a team to the playoffs, but your record in the playoffs would be damning for me if I were a GM, and I'm not about to give you Mahomes money, or a fully guaranteed deal, because you can't fully guarantee me a playoff victory and haven't shown yourself capable of that. It's just not the right contract to shoot for the stars, no matter what your ego, agent, friends, or the media is whispering in your ear. You have no agent, you're coming off an injury year where you didn't do squat, including coming back to try to help your team win a playoff game, you just don't have the leverage you think you do and no team is going to recreate what Cleveland did with Deshaun Watson for you. An organization can apologize and take steps to lessen a serial rapist, or dog murderer as second chances, but they can't sell their fan base an oft injured QB who thinks he's better than he actually is and hasn't proven himself better than a top 10 QB.
[Reply]
YayMike 08:14 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
There are some Baltimore fans who Belize this to be true.
Figured I would chime in with what us Baltamorons are saying: Keep in mind these are not MY thoughts. I think he's overrated and hope he gets traded to the Redskins.

1) Majority believe he intentionally sat out to not risk further injury which would "hurt him getting a large contract"
B) If he had played... they would have beaten Cincy.
4) They do not want him back after 1 and B because he isn't accepting the deals offered. If any other team offers him a contract, EDC will match it and keep him. They think he has ruined team chemistry.
Q) They THOUGHT they can win a SB with him. Now... they want to start over because the rest of their team is really good and young. They can be a playoff team with either a placeholder or draft a kid and let him learn for a few years.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:38 AM 03-28-2023
Ive missed it- how much cash is he chasing?
[Reply]
Shields68 08:54 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Ive missed it- how much cash is he chasing?
The reports if true he asking somewhere around 49 million a year and wants 5 years fully guaranteed. Ravens sort of wanted to only guarantee 130 over 3 years.
[Reply]
redfan 08:57 AM 03-28-2023
Shoulda hired an agent, Lamar.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 03-28-2023
Will this guy ever stop crying about Lamar?

the NFL is broken if we have teams hoping for an upside of Brock Purdy in an ideal world... while Lamar is on the market https://t.co/LCD1epvQu7

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) March 28, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 03-28-2023
Shocker. Teams are rooting for 7th round QBs who will make peanuts to win games over a guy who is going to want $40-50 million a year.

SHOCKING.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 03-28-2023
It seems like so many people are desperate to paint this narrative that Lamar is being done wrong. It's so fucking stupid.

Maybe, just maybe, it's Lamar, not the rest of the NFL?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:43 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Will this guy ever stop crying about Lamar?

He's not on the market. He's tagged and that comes with a steep price.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up