ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2310 of 3903
« First < 1310181022102260230023062307230823092310 231123122313231423202360241028103310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:41 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm sure it'll get figured out the more time we have to study it. I can't imagine it was here in December or earlier atleast with community spread happening. We'd have noticed.
That being said if it was here in Jan, it was spreading in China no later than early November.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:57 AM 06-08-2020
Cases in Texas are rising fast no?
Yes, but some of the significant increases were due to testing at meat packing plants and state prisons.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Yes, but some of the significant increases were due to testing at meat packing plants and state prisons.
I was wondering about that. Hadn't really read into it yet.
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yes more testing but a severe increase in people needing hospitalizations is the concern. Increase in cases means pretty little outside of AZ finally testing like it should. And yes, all SNFs having every resident tested currently is large increase in numbers.

Hospitals opening up additional COVID wings that haven’t yet been used. Banner Hospital network trending to 125% COVID capacity.
I read an article somewhere recently that alot of the southern cali cases are actually coming across from Mexico. Is that happening there?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:02 AM 06-08-2020
I read an article somewhere recently that alot of the southern cali cases are actually coming across from Mexico. Is that happening there?
I haven't heard that about Texas. I'd have to go look
[Reply]
lewdog 11:18 AM 06-08-2020
Not the case here.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:26 AM 06-08-2020
Had lunch yesterday with a latino friend of mine. He says Tijuana is absolutely pummeled with covid cases. Cabo San Lucas and other resort places not so much. But if Tijuana is crushed with it.....makes sense if socal is directly affected by that
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 06-08-2020

Asymptomatic coronavirus patients aren't spreading new infections, WHO says https://t.co/ZukEfrB7sC

— CNBC (@CNBC) June 8, 2020

Well, I'd like to see the research behind this.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:04 PM 06-08-2020

Does anyone still question why people have a hard time believing a damn thing they are told about Covid and question the so called experts?

I had actually read this theory early on and then we got bombarded with all these asymptomatic super spreaders stories etc...
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Does anyone still question why people have a hard time believing a damn thing they are told about Covid and question the so called experts?

I had actually read this theory early on and then we got bombarded with all these asymptomatic super spreaders stories etc...
While true, the issue they've had is that in these types of things, sometimes just saying "we don't know yet" is ok.

The media hasn't helped at all for sure by printing and running pre prints and such.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:19 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What I want to know is who provided that leaked White House memo that showed 3000 deaths per day in early June.
Who cares. This was a bunch of overblown bullshit from the start.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:23 PM 06-08-2020

I mean I believe it, look at the numbers of confirmed cases.

While it has gone up, we are 6 months into the spread of this virus, and confirmed cases are at 6 Million?

If it mutated to become less contagious maybe, or maybe it wasn't as contagious as first thought.

The world should be well over 10 million confirmed cases by now.
[Reply]
Donger 12:25 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

While it has gone up, we are 6 months into the spread of this virus, and confirmed cases are at 6 Million?

If it mutated to become less contagious maybe, or maybe it wasn't as contagious as first thought.

It's almost like global mitigation efforts worked.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:28 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

I'm seeing Brazil and India climbing the charts, and I wonder how comprehensive their reporting is. Is Brazil getting full numbers from the slums? And how is India counting cases in all those little stone age villages and street populations? Maybe they're doing great, but I bet those two countries, and India in particular, have a very incomplete view.
[Reply]
tk13 12:39 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

It's really not rocket science. In the long game, this is still the very early days and there's a lot we don't know about this virus.

That's why people dealing with absolutes is stupid. You don't know all the answers to this thing, and neither do I or anyone else. We are going to learn more about how it behaves the longer we get to see it behave and study it. We still have no idea about any long term effects or damage, how long you're immune to it once you've recovered, etc. It's going to be a lot easier to figure out patterns when you've got million of cases to look at and not just in one single country.
[Reply]
Page 2310 of 3903
« First < 1310181022102260230023062307230823092310 231123122313231423202360241028103310 > Last »
Up