ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 221
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
loochy 09:06 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I like it. We fish from just outside the park down the river to the boat ramp. Usually just kill them on power bait.
Is power bait allowed there? I know that where I go on the current it's hard artificials and flies only. No soft plastics, no power bait, and no live bait.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:13 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by loochy:
Is power bait allowed there? I know that where I go on the current it's hard artificials and flies only. No soft plastics, no power bait, and no live bait.
There is a zone in Bennett Springs State Park that allows power bait and live bait.

I was talking about fishing in the river though. Just outside of and down stream from where the springs dump into the Niangua. Anything goes there.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:20 AM 03-21-2012
I still need to get my fishing license, and a new fishing pole for that matter. Mine got broke last year.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:32 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I still need to get my fishing license, and a new fishing pole for that matter. Mine got broke last year.
You only have one?
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:46 AM 03-21-2012
I tell you what. The fucking dinks at Chamberlain on the river are pissing me off. Caught probably 50 Walleye's, kept 3....
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 01:18 PM 04-02-2012
I found some crappies this weekend.
Attached: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333394305.402738.jpg (450.3 KB) 
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:19 PM 04-02-2012
excellent.........
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:53 PM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg:
I found some crappies this weekend.
Nice.
I hit the river Friday night with a bucket full of perch but only had one good strike right after sunset.
Otherwise we sat there till midnight with only a few taps here and there, nothing big enough to take the bait.
[Reply]
boogblaster 05:54 PM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Nice.
I hit the river Friday night with a bucket full of perch but only had one good strike right after sunset.
Otherwise we sat there till midnight with only a few taps here and there, nothing big enough to take the bait.
yea the channel are running some .. but the big flatheads have'n started yet .. crappies are surely getting ready to spawn soon .....
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:45 PM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by boogblaster:
yea the channel are running some .. but the big flatheads have'n started yet .. crappies are surely getting ready to spawn soon .....
I bet you can fish with the best of'em boog, gimme some of your catfish & gar secrets, particularly gar... thats my targeted species this year.

Any advice is appreciated...
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:04 PM 04-02-2012
Farm pond bass are on beds at my place. Its a riot watching them chase gills off
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:40 PM 04-02-2012
Wont find one like this where i'm at, but wow, this is one huge gar, it looks like a medium size shark next to his johnboat, great fight here...

[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:09 AM 04-03-2012
Originally Posted by scott free:
Wont find one like this where i'm at, but wow, this is one huge gar, it looks like a medium size shark next to his johnboat, great fight here...

Nice. :-) Impressive how that thing can just take off with his drag at will.
That’s a very similar rig to what I’m cat fishing with too.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:11 AM 04-03-2012
Originally Posted by scott free:
I bet you can fish with the best of'em boog, gimme some of your catfish & gar secrets, particularly gar... thats my targeted species this year.

Any advice is appreciated...
Yea boog, if you know how to clean and prepare gar I’d be interested in that too. I had it once when I was a kid, good fish meat from what I can remember but I never saw how it was prepared.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:29 PM 04-03-2012
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Nice. :-) Impressive how that thing can just take off with his drag at will.
That’s a very similar rig to what I’m cat fishing with too.
Yep, he obviously has heavy gear but still it tests him at every turn, an awesome example of one man fishing alone.

You've surely caught many gar, whats your best tip, live bait on a bobber a few feet below topwater?

edit- above, below who really knows?
[Reply]
Page 32 of 221
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up