ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Broncos
RunKC 05:54 PM 11-28-2021
Coming in with a full head of steam. First place on the line.

Only to be raped by us. Let’s make it 12 straight!
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:24 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Hope you are ready to come back here and eat crow when Denver loses for the 12th time in a row. Considering your posting history though, you probably won't until the final week of the season.
Donks draft another defensive player with their top 15 pick while festering with dog crap at QB and head coach

Knowmo: "SAY HELLO TO OUR OTHER KELCE KILLER!"
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:29 AM 12-01-2021
If you don't have a QB, it just doesn't matter. None of it does. Not a single fucking thing.

Not your defense. Nothing. Doesn't matter. Waste of time.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:35 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you don't have a QB, it just doesn't matter. None of it does. Not a single fucking thing.

You can get away with having an average QB if you are fielding the 85 Bears defense or the 2000 Ravens defense. Sadly this Broncos team does not have that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 12-01-2021
You can get away with having an average QB if you are fielding the 85 Bears defense or the 2000 Ravens defense. Sadly this Broncos team does not have that.
People always bring these two teams up but quite frankly, the Ravens' win was 20 years ago now.

Do we have any recent - like since the rules have been changed to heavily favor the offense - of a team making the Super Bowl without a clutch QB?
[Reply]
TEX 09:38 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Imagine talking shit on your rival's message board after losing 11 straight matchups against them
He (Knowmo) really should be banned for awhile for being such a coward troll. He should not be able to get away with saying the shit he does and then when proven wrong, just disappear. I know he provides comic relief, but still, he ought to be made to pay for his consistent dumbassery. Perhaps a poll should be created to decide...
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People always bring these two teams up but quite frankly, the Ravens' win was 20 years ago now.

Do we have any recent - like since the rules have been changed to heavily favor the offense - of a team making the Super Bowl without a clutch QB?
You'd have to get into the "clutch" debate, but I think the Ravens and 9ers making it with Flacco and Kap would be the last one. They had great moments in the playoffs tho
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You'd have to get into the "clutch" debate, but I think the Ravens and 9ers making it with Flacco and Kap would be the last one. They had great moments in the playoffs tho
Yeah neither of those teams make the Super Bowl without their QB's playing lights out in the playoffs.

Flacco, at least for that postseason stretch, was the definition of clutch.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 12-01-2021
Yeah neither of those teams make the Super Bowl without their QB's playing lights out in the playoffs.

Flacco, at least for that postseason stretch, was the definition of clutch.
Yep.

I think there's quite a few QB's now that could do that, but I dont' think the Broncos currently have one.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 AM 12-01-2021

Jimmy G and the 49ers in 2019 would qualify, I think, as would Rex Grossman in 2006.

You could probably argue Manning's corpse in 2015 as well. Goff and the Rams in 2018 might make the cut, but he actually had a good season that year. I wouldn't put Russell Wilson on there from 2013/2014 but some people might.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:46 AM 12-01-2021
This Broncos team ain't it, though. Just for shits and giggles, stack up this 2021 Broncos roster position for position with that 2019 49ers squad lol

They'd get shit on.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:49 AM 12-01-2021
That kind of defense will never happen again due to the current rule enforcement of defensive holding and pass interference.

It's just not possible.

And the league doesn't want it; defensive struggles are boring. So here we are.

If you don't have a top 5 QB, you're not going to compete year in and year out.

You might get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle once, but that's it.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:49 AM 12-01-2021

Maybe 2015 or whatever year the Broncos won the SB with the shell of Peyton Manning. That's all I can think of.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:52 AM 12-01-2021
That kind of defense will never happen again due to the current rule enforcement of defensive holding and pass interference.

It's just not possible.

And the league doesn't want it; defensive struggles are boring. So here we are.

If you don't have a top 5 QB, you're not going to compete year in and year out.

You might get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle once, but that's it.
Completely agree with that. Was primarily highlighting how rare it is. QBs rule the league and command the highest salaries by far. It's amazing to look at the contracts of the highest paid non QBs in the league and see where they fall on the QB scale.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:54 AM 12-01-2021
If you don't have a QB, it just doesn't matter. None of it does. Not a single ****ing thing.

The one thing that I just can't wrap my mind around is the fact that the Donks watched the Chiefs struggle for so many years with an outstanding defense and no QB and thought that was the model for success. The Donks had a hall of fame QB that killed us too many times to ponder without suicidal thoughts, won a couple super bowls with said QB, and then decided that the path to success was to emulate the Chiefs of the 90s and change QBs every year or two. Not only are they changing QBs every year or two, but they're going with washed up has beens that never were. How in the hell do you watch those years of the Chiefs struggles and decide that is the model for success?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:57 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The one thing that I just can't wrap my mind around is the fact that the Donks watched the Chiefs struggle for so many years with an outstanding defense and no QB and thought that was the model for success. The Donks had a hall of fame QB that killed us too many times to ponder without suicidal thoughts, won a couple super bowls with said QB, and then decided that the path to success was to emulate the Chiefs of the 90s and change QBs every year or two. Not only are they changing QBs every year or two, but they're going with washed up has beens that never were. How in the hell do you watch those years of the Chiefs struggles and decide that is the model for success?
Strongly believe they are trying to have another "Manning moment" not realizing that QBs of that caliber almost never hit the open market. Perhaps they are hoping to land Rodgers or Watson (if his career isn't derailed).
[Reply]
Page 20 of 57
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up