ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Why Not? 11:34 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Crystal Skull wrapped it all up with a bow. Indy was the hero, bad guys got a horrible death, everyone lived happily ever after as a family.

The ending here was just like the diet cola ending of Skull. It sucked. Indy, not a hero. Bad guys got a mediocre death. Marion is shoved back into dating her ex in a shitty NY apartment with a dead son.

Absolutely pointless shit. They didn't need to make the movie if this is the "goodbye" to a historic character.
I enjoyed the movie, as I said, but I did think the dead son storyline was not necessary and in no way added to the film.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Okay, let's start over. You have been banging the drum for this movie since your OP, now you are disliking it? It was not a bad movie by any means. But, if you did not like it then that is ok, to each their own. I am just glad I went to see it and was very happy when I left the theater. :-)
So, it wasn't prefect. I enjoyed the movie. Money and time well spent. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:05 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I enjoyed the movie, as I said, but I did think the dead son storyline was not necessary and in no way added to the film.
In no way did anything in the film add to Indy's overall story. We left him in a worse place than we did with the previous film. And that is depressing.

It sure is great knowing that Indiana Jones essentially tried to commit suicide after retiring, only to be saved by his annoying goddaughter, though. DRAMA!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Crystal Skull wrapped it all up with a bow. Indy was the hero, bad guys got a horrible death, everyone lived happily ever after as a family.

The ending here was just like the diet cola ending of Skull. It sucked. Indy, not a hero. Bad guys got a mediocre death. Marion is shoved back into dating her ex in a shitty NY apartment with a dead son.

Absolutely pointless shit. They didn't need to make the movie if this is the "goodbye" to a historic character.
it's a diet Cola Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Surely you recognize that...right? Broken old husk of a hero being replaced by a precocious Mary Sue and essentially limping his way through his 'swan song' while mostly just waiting to die.
[Reply]
loochy 09:08 AM 07-11-2023
Well I watched it with my son on Saturday. I was entertained. There were a lot of chase scenes, but there was little plot or reason for any of what happened. It's just another action movie. Not a classic, not the worst thing ever....just a somewhat entertaining, soon forgettable movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:16 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
it's a diet Cola Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Surely you recognize that...right? Broken old husk of a hero being replaced by a precocious Mary Sue and essentially limping his way through his 'swan song' while mostly just waiting to die.
I said as much in a post a few scrolls up.

I could have forgiven much of it if they had had him go out in a better way than sobbing on a beach to be offed, but nah. They lazily re-wrote the ending in a completely unsatisfying way.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:59 AM 07-11-2023
The ending of the Last Crusade was the perfect sendoff for Indiana Jones.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:28 AM 07-12-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Amen!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 PM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
They literally rode off into the sunset.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:04 PM 07-15-2023
Ok, Crystal Skull was the ULTIMATE sendoff - Did not like the alien shit but, the marriage was indeed closure!
[Reply]
listopencil 04:28 PM 09-01-2023
I finally got around to watching this. You just have to accept that Indiana Jones is old as fuck. I just looked on wikipedia and it says that Jones was born in 1899. So he's 70 years old in this movie. It was OK. Nothing great but mildly entertaining. Nowhere near as good as all of the others. Other than the Temple Of Doom one. I barely remember it, other than it was a giant pile of shit. So I'll say that it was better than that one because mediocre is better than bad. Why did they use Phoebe What's-her-face? She's kind of homely with a goofy looking body. And why did they have to stick another annoying kid (with a mustache?) in there again? Meh. I hope they're done now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 09-01-2023
The more I think about the movie the more it depresses me.

Just not necessary at all.

They should have taken 1/3 the budget and invested it in a cartoon show.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 03:06 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
. Why did they use Phoebe What's-her-face? She's kind of homely with a goofy looking body.

1. Well, Indy's heir can't be a son, or any guy fo rthat matter, because we need to show that women can be action heroes, too.

2. She can't be a hot woman, because then you'd be pandering to the patriarchy.

3. The goofy-looking body helps validate every woman who doesn't fit the impossible beauty standards that have ruined so many lives.

4. Though, Phoebe-Waller Bridge is really too thin. What we needed was Lizzo flying through the air and twirling through stunts to demonstrate her true beauty!

Conclusion: Dial of Destiny failed because it simply didn't give the public what it truly wanted. Pay me a mere $50 million a year, and I'll fix it with a $400 million dollar action movie starring Lizzo that will revitalize the James Bond franchise.

P.S. Disney WILL need to acquire EON productions, which I expect them to do post haste following my gender confirmation surgery (after which I will be PERFECT to lead Disney to success in the 21st Century).
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:09 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
1. Well, Indy's heir can't be a son, or any guy fo rthat matter, because we need to show that women can be action heroes, too.

2. She can't be a hot woman, because then you'd be pandering to the patriarchy.

3. The goofy-looking body helps validate every woman who doesn't fit the impossible beauty standards that have ruined so many lives.

4. Though, Phoebe-Waller Bridge is really too thin. What we needed was Lizzo flying through the air and twirling through stunts to demonstrate her true beauty!

Conclusion: Dial of Destiny failed because it simply didn't give the public what it truly wanted. Pay me a mere $50 million a year, and I'll fix it with a $400 million dollar action movie starring Lizzo that will revitalize the James Bond franchise.

P.S. Disney WILL need to acquire EON productions, which I expect them to do post haste following my gender confirmation surgery (after which I will be PERFECT to lead Disney to success in the 21st Century).
Come on, Lizzo? That's a bit too far of a stretch.

They should call Queen Latifah; she actually has proven acting chops.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 03:12 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Come on, Lizzo? That's a bit too far of a stretch.

They should call Queen Latifah; she actually has proven acting chops.
Well, we really need a 400lb gender-variant African-American/Asian action star, but I don't know anyone like that has any acting experience.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Up