ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Talk about the Bengals...A safe space for lurking Bengals fans
TinyEvel 01:16 PM 12-02-2022
In response to the Bengals fan forum post, citing their shocked reaction to our own Bengals game thread, I invite the finest of Chiefs Planet to politely discuss their desired outcomes for the football competition on Sunday (the Lord's day!).

Please prognosticate with courteous aplomb.

(Lifts a chilled glass of a sensible chablis) "tink!"
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:18 PM 12-02-2022
:-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:18 PM 12-02-2022
Cinnamon flavored chilli is great when served over spaghetti. I hear Ohio is a wonderful.place to raise a family.

Did I do it right?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:19 PM 12-02-2022
I hope my favorite football team, the Kansas City Chiefs, emerges victorious by a significant margin of points.

(If you disagree with my wishes, I cordially invite you to fellate a cellophane retail container of penises. However I respect your decision not to. It is merely a suggestion.)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:19 PM 12-02-2022
We're gonna rape them so bad, they're gonna have to watch their mothers' Blacked.com videos for solace.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:22 PM 12-02-2022
Wait, did I do that wrong? I thought I was holding back.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:23 PM 12-02-2022
The Texas Chili Parlor in Austin is far and away the best place in the country for chili.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:25 PM 12-02-2022
Fuck it, fist yourself you striped pussies. Ask for your balls back from your vet, because we'll come in dry while you're crying .
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:25 PM 12-02-2022
Why Bengals? Why not Tigers? That really confused me as a small child.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:27 PM 12-02-2022
Here's some actual analysis.

This Bengals team is damn good. Way better than their record.

Burrow is fantastic, of course, and they have a top 3 set of offensive weapons in the NFL. We should assume Jamar Chase magically is healthy enough to play this week, and this is one of those games Spags loses sleep over. To accommodate the rookies in the secondary, his back seven is incredibly basic zone, and really good QBs can carve it up if they don't face a ton of pressure. If we can't get a ton of pressure on Burrow, it's going to be very hard to stop him, even without Chase. Their weapons really are that good. (For the record, the Bengals will get one additional year of not-breaking-the-bank-Burrow, but two years from now this team is going to have to pay Burrow and Chase, and it's going to gut their team.)

After the bye, Spags has done everything in his power to generate the best possible passrush, and it shows. The Chiefs live in teams' backfields right now -- though I do wonder how well that's going to work against Cincy. The Titans have a really great passrush and only planted his ass in the dirt once. Do not believe the advance stats, guys: the Bengals offensive line is very good in pass protection now. They're healthy and they're not allowing a ton of pressure.

Of course, the Chiefs have a cheat code in Chris Jones, but Burrow is nearly Mahomes-esque in pocket navigation. They need multiple passrushers to have a game, and Spags needs to be surgical with his blitz calls: none of these stupid fire blitz calls by the handful that killed the D against Josh Allen.

The Bengals have a run game that is workable, but won't kill them necessarily. Mixon is very good but not healthy. Perine is basically late-career Spencer Ware: good player, but he's not the guy who beats you.

The Bengals defense is underrated, I think. They just shut down Derrick Henry, which is somewhat deceptive. They stacked the box against the Titans, which you can't do against Mahomes. But their two interior DTs are healthy now and they're massive and extremely hard to move.

The Bengals have a good secondary, but it doesn't matter right now with Mahomes and this offense... This is as good an offense as the Chiefs have ever had, and the multitude of weapons the Chiefs boast with what's probably going to be an A-game from Andy Reid with tons of man beaters... I just don't think there's much the secondary will be able to do other than double Kelce and dare Mahomes to beat them with anybody else. Mahomes is extremely sharp this year, and he will beat them with everybody else.

The only hope for the Bengals is to get to Mahomes, and Hendrickson/Hubbard is going to give our tackles a lot of problems. I'm guessing the Chiefs give Wylie as much help as they can manage in this game, and just pray Brown can hold off Hendrickson, which he couldn't in the playoffs. So this will be how the Bengals contains Mahomes, if at all.

The Bengals also have that deadly "rush three with a spy" alignment that they stifled Mahomes with twice last season, including the AFCCG where Mahomes was so locked down, he seemingly forgot how to play football. I suspect the better talent this team has across the board will be the solution to that problem, but it's not one we should dare to forget.

The Bengals are a balanced team, with a metric ton of offensive talent, a good secondary, and tough in the trenches.

The Chiefs are capable of handling all this, but they have to get to Burrow, and they have to keep Mahomes clean.

I do agree with everyone that Mahomes and Reid want to absolutely murder the Bengals, and I bet both of them will be at the top of their game. But there's a reason the Bengals swept us last year in the exact same way: they are very talented and their coaching staff had a great feel for our tendencies.

I have this game as a true tossup, maybe even a very slight lean to the Bengals.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:29 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Blow it out your ass Howard
[Reply]
Spott 01:30 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

This Bengals team is damn good. Way better than their record.

Burrow is fantastic, of course, and they have a top 3 set of offensive weapons in the NFL. We should assume Jamar Chase magically is healthy enough to play this week, and this is one of those games Spags loses sleep over. To accommodate the rookies in the secondary, his back seven is incredibly basic zone, and really good QBs can carve it up if they don't face a ton of pressure. If we can't get a ton of pressure on Burrow, it's going to be very hard to stop him, even without Chase. Their weapons really are that good. (For the record, the Bengals will get one additional year of not-breaking-the-bank-Burrow, but two years from now this team is going to have to pay Burrow and Chase, and it's going to gut their team.)

After the bye, Spags has done everything in his power to generate the best possible passrush, and it shows. The Chiefs live in teams' backfields right now -- though I do wonder how well that's going to work against Cincy. The Titans have a really great passrush and only planted his ass in the dirt once. Do not believe the advance stats, guys: the Bengals offensive line is very good in pass protection now. They're healthy and they're not allowing a ton of pressure.

Of course, the Chiefs have a cheat code in Chris Jones, but Burrow is nearly Mahomes-esque in pocket navigation. They need multiple passrushers to have a game, and Spags needs to be surgical with his blitz calls: none of these stupid fire blitz calls by the handful that killed the D against Josh Allen.

The Bengals have a run game that is workable, but won't kill them necessarily. Mixon is very good but not healthy. Perine is basically late-career Spencer Ware: good player, but he's not the guy who beats you.

The Bengals defense is underrated, I think. They just shut down Derrick Henry, which is somewhat deceptive. They stacked the box against the Titans, which you can't do against Mahomes. But their two interior DTs are healthy now and they're massive and extremely hard to move.

The Bengals have a good secondary, but it doesn't matter right now with Mahomes and this offense... This is as good an offense as the Chiefs have ever had, and the multitude of weapons the Chiefs boast with what's probably going to be an A-game from Andy Reid with tons of man beaters... I just don't think there's much the secondary will be able to do other than double Kelce and dare Mahomes to beat them with anybody else. Mahomes is extremely sharp this year, and he will beat them with everybody else.

The only hope for the Bengals is to get to Mahomes, and Hendrickson/Hubbard is going to give our tackles a lot of problems. I'm guessing the Chiefs give Wylie as much help as they can manage in this game, and just pray Brown can hold off Hendrickson, which he couldn't in the playoffs. So this will be how the Bengals contains Mahomes, if at all.

The Bengals also have that deadly "rush three with a spy" alignment that they stifled Mahomes with twice last season, including the AFCCG where Mahomes was so locked down, he seemingly forgot how to play football. I suspect the better talent this team has across the board will be the solution to that problem, but it's not one we should dare to forget.

The Bengals are a balanced team, with a metric ton of offensive talent, a good secondary, and tough in the trenches.

The Chiefs are capable of handling all this, but they have to get to Burrow, and they have to keep Mahomes clean.

I do agree with everyone that Mahomes and Reid want to absolutely murder the Bengals, and I bet both of them will be at the top of their game. But there's a reason the Bengals swept us last year in the exact same way: they are very talented and their coaching staff had a great feel for our tendencies.

I have this game as a true tossup, maybe even a very slight lean to the Bengals.
tl;dr
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:31 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
tl;dr
It means they're going to lose.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:31 PM 12-02-2022
Here we shall congregate so we can celebrate this Sunday where our favorite football team, the Kansas City Chiefs, will evaporate the Bengals and illuminate the scoreboard.

We shall not capitulate, but instead dominate and preponderate. I don't want to overcommunicate or instigate in case that overcomplicates things for our Bengal stablemates, but unless the Chiefs miscalculate, i fully expect them to eviscerate.
[Reply]
wazu 01:32 PM 12-02-2022
Dear Bengal fans - You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up