ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 32
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:29 AM 11-22-2022
Zach Wilson was a one year wonder in college and during that unusual pandemic college football season.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:40 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There was a play in the second half where whiny WR Garret Wilson thinks he is open. The corner had great coverage the whole time as well as leverage to pick off the ball if Zach threw it.

Then Garret screams at Zach as if he was wide open and then pouts some more.

Jets have a lot more problems than Zach.
Holy hell, you’re ranting about this because you don’t think Zach Wilson is the problem. Wilson isn’t the only guy doing it. His OL is visibly frustrated on zach bailing on the pocket. Wilson isn’t the only WR to bitch about not being open. He isn’t bitching about one play, hes frustrated because he knows Wilson isn’t gonna try to get him the ball.

When everyone is frustrated at one guy, it’s probably the fault of the guy they’re pointing fingers at.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:43 AM 11-22-2022
They might as well stick with Wilson to see if he can turn a corner. Do you think a geriatric Joe Flacco is going to win playoff games at this point? He wasn't mobile 10 years ago.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:45 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Holy hell, you’re ranting about this because you don’t think Zach Wilson is the problem. Wilson isn’t the only guy doing it. His OL is visibly frustrated on zach bailing on the pocket. Wilson isn’t the only WR to bitch about not being open. He isn’t bitching about one play, hes frustrated because he knows Wilson isn’t gonna try to get him the ball.

When everyone is frustrated at one guy, it’s probably the fault of the guy they’re pointing fingers at.
He absolutely is a problem. I've said it.

You can see his accuracy and feet are off. And yes his body language looks less confident every day that goes by in an offense run by a Adam Gase style mind.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:45 AM 11-22-2022
Gotta be honest, guys: I think this is being blown completely out of proportion.

Listen to his entire press conference.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/qb...ts-at-patriots

The wind thing wasn't making excuses for his play so much as explaining why things looked different versus the first time they played the Patriots.

The "let the defense down" was the very last question in the press conference and he gave a quick throwaway answer. You can imagine that 1/ he was probably somewhat annoyed by the question and 2/ they're all grown men trying their best at a job, so for a lot of them, to say he "let them down" would be a step too far.

I actually think he takes a lot of accountability.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:49 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Gotta be honest, guys: I think this is being blown completely out of proportion.

The wind thing wasn't making excuses for his play so much as explaining why things looked different versus the first time they played the Patriots.

The "let the defense down" was the very last question in the press conference and he gave a quick throwaway answer. You can imagine that 1/ he was probably somewhat annoyed by the question and 2/ they're all grown men trying their best at a job, so for a lot of them, to say he "let them down" would be a step too far.

I agree that the media in NY is doing what they do.

Zach is a bit of a diva. He's not a punk like Rosen. He's a rich kid that needs a bit of success before others will buy into him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:03 AM 11-22-2022
I read something a few years ago from a GM or HC that said you should see measurable improvements from a rookie QB around Game 20 of their career or most likely they will never be a franchise QB. Zach is on game 20 and I don't see any improvement from him, in fact he looks awful.

I would bench him if you want to make a run at the playoffs and once you are out you could give him another chance. Don't think it is going to matter much.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:13 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

I don’t think it is. He was handed a layup and he didn’t take it. How hard is it to say “I’ve got to be better.” Instead he blamed it on the wind. A few weeks ago when Elijah Moore complained about targets it was about how he didn’t throw the ball enough. None of these answers are terrible or necessarily wrong, but as a leader he has to be way better than that. In both instances the very first thing mahomes would say is “put this loss on me.” He has done that even in games where the defense gave up 30+. Hell, why wouldn’t you use that as an opportunity to tip your cap to the defense that has played their ass off for most of the season

You can see it in the body language of his teammates. They’ve given up on him. They are requesting trades, throwing tantrums on the field. And you’re going to blame the wind? He has to know way better than that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:15 AM 11-22-2022
I don’t think it is. He was handed a layup and he didn’t take it. How hard is it to say “I’ve got to be better.” Instead he blamed it on the wind. A few weeks ago when Elijah Moore complained about targets it was about how he didn’t throw the ball enough. None of these answers are terrible or necessarily wrong, but as a leader he has to be way better than that. In both instances the very first thing mahomes would say is “put this loss on me.” He has done that even in games where the defense gave up 30+.

You can see it in the body language of his teammates. They’ve given up on him. They are requesting trades, throwing tantrums on the field. And you’re going to blame the wind? He has to know way better than that.
Elijah Moore is a moron who already wanted to be traded when the year started.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:22 AM 11-22-2022
Zach Wilson is like a lesser mobile, lesser IQ version of Kyler Murray. The guy is absolute trash. And he seems to have a shitty attitude just like Kyler. The only difference is the Jets won't give him a quarter billion dollar extension.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:22 AM 11-22-2022
Elijah Moore is a moron who already wanted to be traded when the year started.
That doesn’t matter. All Wilson has to say is that he’s going to try to put the ball in Moores hands. It’s not hard. In all instances ask yourself what mahomes or Josh Allen would say.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:26 AM 11-22-2022
Yeah, let's run WR screens and draws over and over against NE.

Brilliant.

Pretty ironic you calling me brilliant sarcastically after not understanding the point of my post.

My point is not that they should throw checkdowns as an offensive strategy, genius. It's that Zach Wilson can't even complete checkdown throws when he needs to. He is abysmal.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:38 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Pretty ironic you calling me brilliant sarcastically after not understanding the point of my post.

My point is not that they should throw checkdowns as an offensive strategy, genius. It's that Zach Wilson can't even complete checkdown throws when he needs to. He is abysmal.
You think NE didn't know Lafleur's idiotic playbook?!

Watch all the NE players lurking where the outlet pass was to go or the checkdowns.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:43 AM 11-22-2022
That doesn’t matter. All Wilson has to say is that he’s going to try to put the ball in Moores hands. It’s not hard. In all instances ask yourself what mahomes or Josh Allen would say.
Point over your head.

Doesn't matter what Wilson says, Moore was already a disgruntled non-team player before any of this.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:46 AM 11-22-2022
Holding them back from what?
They're a playoff team with a tough defense if they could just find a QB
[Reply]
Page 9 of 32
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up