ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 09:47 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You think NE didn't know Lafleur's idiotic playbook?!

Watch all the NE players lurking where the outlet pass was to go or the checkdowns.
lol that doesn't matter, isn't the point, and who are you even talking to?

Look at these throws. It has nothing to do with NE

A compilation of some of Zach Wilson's worst misses today pic.twitter.com/AV47YULiY6

— Main Team (@MainTeamSports) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
tredadda 09:49 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Cause at this point he's a average to below average QB who is what he is. But a below average QB would have the Jets at 8-2 right now. Wilson is that bad.
Yup. The Jets beat the Pats if Flacco is under center.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
They're a playoff team with a tough defense if they could just find a QB
Flacco. While he isn’t very good anymore, he is miles better than Zach Wilson.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:57 AM 11-22-2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:59 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That doesn’t matter. All Wilson has to say is that he’s going to try to put the ball in Moores hands. It’s not hard. In all instances ask yourself what mahomes or Josh Allen would say.
Not everyone is lucky enough to have a Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. In addition to their extreme physical talent, they have the mental fortitude to be leaders. Part of being a leader is knowing when to say the right thing at the right time. They 'get it'. Not every young QB that comes into the league does.

Wilson does seem like a bit of a spoiled rich kid, but he'll get it eventually. His arm talent is undeniable. He could have definitely handled some of those questions a lot better, but that said, I DO think the NY media is blowing this WAY out of proportion (as they have a tendency to do).
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
lol that doesn't matter, isn't the point, and who are you even talking to?

Look at these throws. It has nothing to do with NE

God that is awful, like he should be in the XFL or worse. That isn't NFL level QB play. They had a total of 100 yds in offense and shitty ass Mac Jones had 245yd passing so you can't blame the wind or whatever excuse you want to make.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:04 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Not everyone is lucky enough to have a Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. In addition to their extreme physical talent, they have the mental fortitude to be leaders. Part of being a leader is knowing when to say the right thing at the right time. They 'get it'. Not every young QB that comes into the league does.

Wilson does seem like a bit of a spoiled rich kid, but he'll get it eventually. His arm talent is undeniable. He could have definitely handled some of those questions a lot better, but that said, I DO think the NY media is blowing this WAY out of proportion (as they have a tendency to do).
If he is truly going to be a leader in the locker room he is going to have to learn about accountability. That’s what I have seen with Mahomes and Allen. When good things happen it is “they” and when it’s bad it’s “I”, especially in public and to the media.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:08 AM 11-22-2022

Your first paragraph is 100%. One of the things that NBC did a good job of showing on Sunday is whenever the special teams or defense was coming off the field, Mahomes was the first one greeting them all with a high five and a "great job". That's a fucking leader. This team wants to run through a burning brick wall for Mahomes. It's part of what makes him legendary already.

Paragraph two, I'm not as sure about. How do you know he'll get it eventually? He does have arm talent, but so do most NFL level QB's. Field vision, accuracy, decision making, these things he seems to lack. Can he learn them? History generally says no but we'll see. But I don't think he has a long leash, clearly.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:20 AM 11-22-2022
Wilson has played not even 2 seasons worth of games. The Jets problems are three fold. One, him not being accountable publicly for playing like shit. Two, they are in the playoff hunt and if they don't make it they feel he will be reason. Three, is losing the locker room and having their season go down the tubes just to try and develop little this punk ass QB for next season.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:20 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Point over your head.

Doesn't matter what Wilson says, Moore was already a disgruntled non-team player before any of this.
If it doesn’t matter what Wilson says then it isn’t difficult to make a throwaway comment. It isn’t over my head. The wr isn’t expected to be a leader. The qb is. we are talking about very simple statements he can make to put some issues on himself and away from teammates. To take accountability like a true leader would. And right now you have two WRs requesting a trade and a third WR throwing tantrums on the field. Right now, the accusation is that he grew up with a silver spoon up his ass and it doesn’t seem off base. He seems to lack a simple awareness of how to lead a locker room. It doesn’t make him a bad kid, but he better fix that shit real quick or he’s not long for the league.
[Reply]
Spott 10:24 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
God that is awful, like he should be in the XFL or worse. That isn't NFL level QB play. They had a total of 100 yds in offense and shitty ass Mac Jones had 245yd passing so you can't blame the wind or whatever excuse you want to make.
Damn, watching that video makes me think Cassel was a HOF’er. The only one of those passes on target was the last one.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:27 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
I was thinking this yesterday. I think what he could do really do with is sitting behind Mahomes and learning. He tries to be Mahomes but doesn't have the fundamentals in place.

Andy & Patrick could work wonders with him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:35 AM 11-22-2022

Its very possible. It’s not like jimmy clausen who was more of a rich asshole who rubbed everyone the wrong way. But this common sense leadership isn’t exclusive to mahomes and Allen. Most top tier QBs know how to answer these questions. When hardman is down, mahomes goes over to him and finds ways to get him into the game. When the defense gives up 40 he puts it on himself. At some point you have to be more than just a nice guy with arm talent.

Sure it’s blown out of proportion. But we are talking about a #2 qb. And when three WRs are throwing tantrums then it’s not just the media making something of nothing. So the question is if wilson learns from this. Because it’s no longer about canned statements. It’s showing the urgency abd commitment to turn things around. until he does that, his teammates won’t find a reason to follow him. Clausen never got that back. RGIII never got it back. It’s a problem that will follow him if he doesn’t fix it quick.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If it doesn’t matter what Wilson says then it isn’t difficult to make a throwaway comment. It isn’t over my head. The wr isn’t expected to be a leader. The qb is. we are talking about very simple statements he can make to put some issues on himself and away from teammates. To take accountability like a true leader would. And right now you have two WRs requesting a trade and a third WR throwing tantrums on the field. Right now, the accusation is that he grew up with a silver spoon up his ass and it doesn’t seem off base. He seems to lack a simple awareness of how to lead a locker room. It doesn’t make him a bad kid, but he better fix that shit real quick or he’s not long for the league.
Going back to Mahomes and Allen. Their teammates would run through walls for them. Also listen to their postgame comments after a loss. It’s striking between what they say and what Wilson says.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:48 AM 11-22-2022
If his teammates think he's a whiny spoiled little 22 year old little bitch that will be tough for him to fix in NY for sure. If you don't show up first day like you have an alpha ego and can lead grown men then you will be looked upon as weak. Even with the Raiders having an awful season, nobody in that locker room thinks Carr is a weak punk with no leadership qualities. That's the difference.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up