ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 163
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:50 PM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
The US has no chance of winning the world cup by the way. Their best player is a shitty bench player for my club and he's our equivalent of CEH. I'm not being a provocative wanker by the way, it's a fact. You lot need to group up for your time in 2026.
At least we wash our legs in America you fucking faggot
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:59 PM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
Jurgen Klinsmann wasn't given a fair shot IMO. He was bringing a European style of play to the American team. It didn't catch on as quick as they liked, and the team wasn't winning like they were 20 years ago. Unfortunately he didn't have the star players like the teams in the mid to late 90's.

It made no sense to bring back Bruce Arena (who sucked the first time) to suck, YET AGAIN. Instead of letting it play out for a little while longer, you bring back something else that was worse. It's almost in comparison to not letting Spags defensive scheme setting in place, and then bring back Bob Sutton. Not to that degree, but you get my point.

Maybe I am biased because I am German, and love watching the German squad.
All of those lofty expectations are ones *he* set and then he did not come close to living up to them.

The truth is to be successful in CONCACAF you have to play some rough grind people into the mud soccer. UEFA is worlds better than CONCACAF but the grind of CONCACAF qualifying is underappreciated.

Much in the same European players come to MLS and have no idea how hard it is to play week in and week out in a country as big as the USA is. That does not make MLS better than those others places but its hard in a way people on the outside do not understand or appreciate until they are in it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:37 PM 11-12-2022
I know it will not go like this but just looking at all the available players...

- Sargent -

-Pulisic- -Weah -

- Aaronson Reyna -

- Adams -

-Jedi Long Zim Dest -

...this team would be a complete bitch to play against. Not the most defensively sound eleven, but if they win the ball in the press, you could be ****ed in a hurry.

(BB would not let me space those players the way i wanted)
[Reply]
cj2wr 12:27 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I know it will not go like this but just looking at all the available players...

- Sargent -

-Pulisic- -Weah -

- Aaronson Reyna -

- Adams -

-Jedi Long Zim Dest -

...this team would be a complete bitch to play against. Not the most defensively sound eleven, but if they win the ball in the press, you could be ****ed in a hurry.

Long STINKS! I’d put Ream or CCV there. Especially when we are playing against Wales and England.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:50 AM 11-13-2022
You had no hope of winning the thing though despite getting through a tough group on paper. Have you ever heard of Tottenham Hotspur? Their fans still celebrate all their victories against teams bigger than them in the PL/Champions League. They haven't won anything meaningful since I've been born and yet they seem proud of that. It's pathetic. You're America, the Great. Don't be like Spurs.
Either you’re old as shit (which I’m guessing isn’t the case with your middle school personality) or you’re for some reason forgetting you could have put the England National team into place for Tottenham and the facts remain the same. Your trolling is very weak. It would be understandable if you came from an actual soccer powerhouse like Germany or Brazil…but England? No England fan should be talking any shit to anyone about soccer.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:04 AM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:

- Sargent -

-Pulisic- -Weah -

- Aaronson Reyna -

- Adams -

-Jedi Long Zim Dest -

I’m assuming you’re factoring McKennie’s injury into this? No way he shouldn’t be starting if he’s fully healthy. I think Reyna is a valuable super sub since he can take over for Aaronson or Weah. Musah is a similar one like that. We have so much fullback depth and speed that I think teams are going to be surprised that they can’t just run by us on the wing every build up. Lots of depth on this squad and it’s the perfect year for that with the 5 subs allowed.
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:07 AM 11-13-2022
As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month.
Let me out this as politely and succinctly as I can: Fuck off, Limey bitch
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:59 AM 11-14-2022
As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.
Confirmed Chav
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:17 AM 11-14-2022
I once watched England and USA play in the world cup and the England goalie got scored on by a shot slowly rolling right to him on the ground. Most passes are struck with more pace. The guy whiffed and the goal scored and USA won.

It was pathetic by England. Embarassing.

I found out later that goaltending is just that bad in Europe cause they don't play many sports with their hands, so they arent good at using their hands. That's even more embarassing.

Robert Green was his name.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:44 AM 11-14-2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...79254602924033

Focusing on the important things before Qatar.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:58 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

This is great. A subtle fuck you to Qatar is always welcomed.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:08 AM 11-14-2022

Hopefully they get banned
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:35 AM 11-14-2022

Jesus. Everyone always knew soccer wasn't straight. But to remove your country's flag/colors for international competition to instead promote man on man anal sex as a lifestyle, that's a bit on the nose.

Truly pathetic.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:42 AM 11-14-2022
I dont give a fuck about what other people do with themselves, but I'm fucking tired of being told to embrace it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:46 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This is great. A subtle **** you to Qatar is always welcomed.
Yeah. And a great **** you to America by not using the colors of our flag. That Americans died to protect.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 163
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up