ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 163
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:07 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Huh? He started the friendly against numberg in the summer and has since recorded multiple clean sheets in his recent starts with arsenal? I don’t follow arsenal but I had seen him playing on some highlights and the information I just provided was from a quick google search
Arsenal’s goalkeeper is Ramsdale, who is England’s third choice goalkeeper. Turner is Ramsdale’s backup.
[Reply]
Womble 02:32 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
No…that’s more appropriate for an England comparison. You know the team that has won every single friendly against the US, but has yet to get anything more than a draw when they face off against us in a match that matters.
Really weird take. One draw and you're spouting this? I'm surprised to hear this on here because it reeks of a Raiders loser mentality. You're supposed to be the United States of America - the big boys who only accept the best. Even though 'soccer' isn't one of your main sports it's absolutely cringe to brag about meaningless wins against third world countries and one single draw against us.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:42 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Really weird take. One draw and you're spouting this? I'm surprised to hear this on here because it reeks of a Raiders loser mentality. You're supposed to be the United States of America - the big boys who only accept the best. Even though 'soccer' isn't one of your main sports it's absolutely cringe to brag about meaningless wins against third world countries and one single draw against us.
We have a draw and a win against England in the World Cup. Do you know anything about soccer bud?

You’ll be the oracle of this thread??? Get the **** out of here kid. You don’t even know anything about the history of your own squad :-):-)
[Reply]
Womble 02:49 PM 11-11-2022
We have a draw and a win against England in the World Cup. Do you know anything about soccer bud?

You’ll be the oracle of this thread??? Get the **** out of here kid. You don’t even know anything about the history of your own squad :-):-)
As I said, a proper loser Raiders mentality. You're using a result from 1950 (lmao) to justify your non relevance.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:04 PM 11-11-2022
As I said, a proper loser Raiders mentality. You're using a result from 1950 (lmao) to justify your non relevance.
As if being the soccer version of the Chargers is any better. All hype- no glory. Good luck!

Also, I’ll allow you to use any year to re-establish your relevance if you can find the last time you beat us in anything other than a friendly. Wars included.
[Reply]
Womble 03:12 PM 11-11-2022
As if being the soccer version of the Chargers is any better. All hype- no glory. Good luck!
Unlike the Chargers (and the USA) we've actually won something worth shouting about. I'll be very gracious and cordial with you when we beat you to go through in 2 weeks time.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:17 PM 11-11-2022
Unlike the Chargers (and the USA) we've actually won something worth shouting about. I'll be very gracious and cordial with you when we beat you to go through in 2 weeks time.
I’ll remind you that you’re still fucking stuck in England regardless of the result.
[Reply]
Womble 03:20 PM 11-11-2022
I’ll remind you that you’re still ****ing stuck in England regardless of the result.
London is infinitely better than whatever shitehole you call home.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:32 PM 11-11-2022
As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.
Can't wait til the US beats those bad teeth having losers from England behind Pulisics man of the match performance
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:36 PM 11-11-2022
So, even though I'm a soccer fan it is at best the 4th sport that people play here. Soccer doesn't come near getting the best athletes the US produces and still competes at the highest level. Where is England at in that? The fact that your best plays it and still doesn't accomplish anything.
[Reply]
Womble 03:38 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Can't wait til the US beats those bad teeth having losers from England behind Pulisics man of the match performance
I honestly hope Pulisic has a good tourney so we can get as much as possible for him when we sell him in the summer. He has 3 or 4 good games a season, he's basically like CEH. I've been to 5 away games this season and Pulisic is always one of the players to walk straight off the pitch without going to the away support to clap them. A really arrogant player for someone who hasn't made it yet.
[Reply]
Womble 03:47 PM 11-11-2022
So, even though I'm a soccer fan it is at best the 4th sport that people play here. Soccer doesn't come near getting the best athletes the US produces and still competes at the highest level. Where is England at in that? The fact that your best plays it and still doesn't accomplish anything.
You're kidding yourself if you think you are competing at the highest level. Another Raiders style take unfortunately.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:03 PM 11-11-2022
You're kidding yourself if you think you are competing at the highest level. Another Raiders style take unfortunately.
I guess making the knockout round isn't competing at the highest level
[Reply]
cj2wr 04:06 PM 11-11-2022
Pulisic > Mason Mount
[Reply]
Womble 04:09 PM 11-11-2022
I guess making the knockout round isn't competing at the highest level
The two words after competing are 'to win'. You aren't doing that yet. Maybe after your world cup in 2026 there will be a big 'soccer' boom and you end up with generation who can realistically challenge to win a world cup. But you aren't remotely close to that yet if you're honest.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 163
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up