ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 163
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:17 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Players should boycott because the stadiums were built with slave labor.
Surprising number of supporters of the EPL team I follow feel this way, claiming they won’t watch it or will only watch England begrudgingly. because of Qatar. Was a little surprised to see that sentiment.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:17 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t know anyone on this new generation squad except McKinney and Pullisic.

Are they as good as the Landon Donovan/Clint Dempsey teams?
No
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:23 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t know anyone on this new generation squad except McKinney and Pullisic.

Are they as good as the Landon Donovan/Clint Dempsey teams?
They could be. They have the most big time club experience in history and it is not close. They seem to have the requisite American moxie when they are on. But it is still hard to tell what their identity is.

They have talented parts but it is hard to tell in what way they will coalesce and be impactful on any given night.

They have a few players that can put in moments of greatness that lead to goals but there are concerns at the striker position.

Going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:39 PM 11-09-2022
It's going to come down to if we can win one 1-0 because we don't know how to score yet. I think two draws and a win puts us through.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:01 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
No
I wouldn’t say no. Our team is the youngest of the tournament and in a sense, the dark horse, Cinderella of the tournament as well.

As England fans are saying, they think our team is up and coming, but they think we aren’t there just yet, and think the best we can do against them is a draw. Which has a lot of other country’s thinking we won’t be relevant until 2026 until all these kids that are 22-24 on this team are 26-28.

I personally think our team is better, we have a lot of guys playing overseas against top competition, even our secondary guys like Sargent are the starters for their teams in the EFL which isn’t anything to scoff at. When our backups are playing for teams like that and starting, it’s promising.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:12 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
It's going to come down to if we can win one 1-0 because we don't know how to score yet. I think two draws and a win puts us through.
How hard can it be? Just throw out some NFL cornerbacks and give them a week to figure it out. USA 22-0 then.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:21 PM 11-09-2022
I’m hoping Canada and the US can get a few upsets our draw is pretty hard but the teams we are playing are on the the older side I think our speed in attack can give them some fits .

David is scoring at decent clip in ligue 1 and if Davies is healthy he can give anybody fits on the wing .

Just hope they don’t get embarrassed lol.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:50 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I’m hoping Canada and the US can get a few upsets our draw is pretty hard but the teams we are playing are on the the older side I think our speed in attack can give them some fits .

David is scoring at decent clip in ligue 1 and if Davies is healthy he can give anybody fits on the wing .

I don’t think our draw was that tough. Remember 2014 with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal? Now that was tough.

Wales and Iran are both ranked beneath us and we always seem to match well against England no matter what team we bring. We should be able to get 2 wins.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:53 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
This is why im not a fan of Ferreira personally. Unpopular opinion but I’d rather see Sargent out there over him.

Not to mention Sargent plays in the EFL and they are talking about our starting forward playing in the MLS. I’m just not a fan of the guys that are playing in the MLS for a number of reasons but in these big games, they seem to just fall off. When they are playing friendlies or all the qualifying matches against the weak concaf they look good, but when they go overseas and play these top teams, I’ve always preferred our guys that are already there day in and day out either playing with or against these other elite nations players. When you are home playing in the MLS and playing concaf teams, you just don’t ascend like you should imo.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:57 PM 11-09-2022
Yeah this was about as good of a draw as the US could have hoped for
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:59 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:

I am sure there is an easier possible draw but not that many. I mean it's the World Cup. Having Iran and Wales with you? Can't ask for much more.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I am sure there is an easier possible draw but not that many. I mean it's the World Cup. Having Iran and Wales with you? Can't ask for much more.
Arent the US and Wales pretty comparable?

USA #16
Wales #19

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...dateId=id13792

Have no idea. Tell me about soccer like Im 12 so I can learn.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:15 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm going to watch the England one. Just because of the pure hilarity it would be if we beat them at their own game. A game we barely care about. It would be great.
Wouldn’t be the first time. We are undefeated against England in all non-friendly competitions. 2 wins and 1 draw. England fans are by far the worst fans in the world. I love when they get all upset about calling it soccer when they were the ones who started calling it soccer in the first place to separate themselves from rugby football. I can’t wait for that match. I hope we kick the shit out of them.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:15 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Arent the US and Wales pretty comparable?

USA #16
Wales #19

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...dateId=id13792

Have no idea. Tell me about soccer like Im 12 so I can learn.
Wales is not bad at all. Thought WC draw wise...its a good draw.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:16 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I don’t think our draw was that tough. Remember 2014 with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal? Now that was tough.

Wales and Iran are both ranked beneath us and we always seem to match well against England no matter what team we bring. We should be able to get 2 wins.
Talking about the Canadian group lol Belgium and Croatia.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 163
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up