ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Wylie sucks
Titty Meat 08:48 AM 10-18-2022
Brown does too but this is bench worthy

Per PFF, Patrick Mahomes was pressured 20 times yesterday. Only 2 of them were put on Mahomes’ shoulders, neither a sack.

Wylie was credited with 9 total pressures and 3 sacks allowed. Brown ended with 7 total pressures allowed. These guys are a legit problem right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 10-26-2022
With the way Wylie is playing this year, Niang might be a bit better. But yeah, he hasn't been that good in the time he's played. I think he's a lost cause.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:20 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Wylie is having a great year considering that he is blocking guys who get paid 8-9 times more AAV than he is paid.

Mahomes escapes most pressures.

At least we have a lot of folks that do not know shit about tackle football as it is played in the National Football League coming up with solutions.
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:24 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Wylie isn't good, but is Niang better? Niang started the year last year, and Wylie took over in the Washington game, right? IIRC, Mahomes trainer was Tweeting that Wylie was playing much better than Niang or something like that. Not that Mahomes trainer has necessarily a keen eye for that, but one has to think perhaps Mahomes hadn't been that impressed with Niang's performance.
Perhaps but you also have to remember that he was essentially a rookie playing in his...what....5th NFL game? I thought he got better as the season progressed. Then he got injured. He may very well be injury prone. And if that's the case then we will need to move on from him. But I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that he can help solidify that right side.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:36 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Perhaps but you also have to remember that he was essentially a rookie playing in his...what....5th NFL game? I thought he got better as the season progressed. Then he got injured. He may very well be injury prone. And if that's the case then we will need to move on from him. But I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that he can help solidify that right side.
Talent wise, Niang has an incredible skill set. There's no reason to give up on him. When he's healthy, he's absolutely a better option at RT than Wylie.

I doubt he'll get a shot this year, though. Andy will not want to shuffle the line by the time he's ready to play. They'll work him in slowly and pencil him at RT for next year. That will likely be his last opportunity.
[Reply]
jettio 08:37 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Does he pay his local and state taxes though?
Maybe one of you genius proto-GMs will imagine doing that for Wylie like you imagine making moves for Veach.
[Reply]
wazu 08:44 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Talent wise, Niang has an incredible skill set. There's no reason to give up on him. When he's healthy, he's absolutely a better option at RT than Wylie.

I doubt he'll get a shot this year, though. Andy will not want to shuffle the line by the time he's ready to play. They'll work him in slowly and pencil him at RT for next year. That will likely be his last opportunity.
Please for the love of god do not pencil Niang in for anything next year. We need somebody who isn't on the team today to do that job. Niang is a brokedick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 10-26-2022
Lemme put it this way.

Wylie is so bad that I cannot imagine how Wanegho isn't better. I mean, in limited snaps, he's looked pretty good. He has the size and wingspan. I can't imagine him being worse.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Lemme put it this way.

Wylie is so bad that I cannot imagine how Wanegho isn't better. I mean, in limited snaps, he's looked pretty good. He has the size and wingspan. I can't imagine him being worse.
The Chiefs have given up 12 sacks. Andrew Wylie is responsible for SEVEN of the 12. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:08 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Please for the love of god do not pencil Niang in for anything next year. We need somebody who isn't on the team today to do that job. Niang is a brokedick.
I don't disagree with you, but if you haven't noticed these guys don't like to give up on draft picks very often, especially high ones that they had set plans for. I have my doubts they will do much more than bring Wylie back on another cheap deal and maybe take another prospect in the mid rounds.

I hope I'm wrong, though. I just think he showed enough promise in his limited playing time that they'll keep giving him opportunities, especially considering what they are going to have to pay Brown. Now if a legit RT falls to us in the 1st round, it's a different story.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 10-26-2022
I don't disagree with you, but if you haven't noticed these guys don't like to give up on draft picks very often, especially high ones that they had set plans for. I have my doubts they will do much more than bring Wylie back on another cheap deal and maybe take another prospect in the mid rounds.

I hope I'm wrong, though. I just think he showed enough promise in his limited playing time that they'll keep giving him opportunities, especially considering what they are going to have to pay Brown. Now if a legit RT falls to us in the 1st round, it's a different story.
Not sure what you saw but I didn't see promise. I saw a guy that struggled most of the time. I just don't think he's very good.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:11 AM 10-26-2022
Lemme put it this way.

Yep, this boils down to Andy Reid and one of his few (but biggest) flaws of being overly loyal to guys who aren't talented enough to deserve that loyalty, and his lack of comfort with shuffling the o-line. It's a perfect storm in Wylie's case where he's got both checkmarks working in his favor.

If Wanegho and Christian are actually worse than him in practice, they shouldn't even be in the league. In Christian's case, you know damn well he's not worse because he's proven it in real live action with two other teams.

It's quite infuriating to say the least.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:17 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not sure what you saw but I didn't see promise. I saw a guy that struggled most of the time. I just don't think he's very good.
I lean towards your side here and hope you're correct. Just going to be so many holes to fill and only so much money and capital to do it with. Since Schwartz left they have been patchworking the RT spot and seem pretty content with doing so. I personally hate it and would love to see them invest in it again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:42 AM 10-26-2022
I lean towards your side here and hope you're correct. Just going to be so many holes to fill and only so much money and capital to do it with. Since Schwartz left they have been patchworking the RT spot and seem pretty content with doing so. I personally hate it and would love to see them invest in it again.
Well, what if the choice is between signing a really good RT and bringing back Juju though?

I mean, we can win in spite of Wylie...if you have a Juju going off for 7/124.

At some point, we have to accept that we can't have great players at all 22.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 10-26-2022
Well, what if the choice is between signing a really good RT and bringing back Juju though?

I think I'd be more inclined to let andy scheme around the worse T than WR?

I'm not sure.

But you're right, you've have a Wylie somehwere, can't pay everyone.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:03 AM 10-26-2022

Yep, that's exactly how I think they're approaching it. With Mahomes' mobility a RT is really not going to be a priority for them. They've proven it since Schwartz left, and I understand it completely.

Would be nice to hit on a mid-round pick who could at least be a slight upgrade, and I'm sure they'll keep drafting guys hoping to hit on one.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up