ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brees retired
TribalElder 03:13 PM 03-14-2021

Just posted a video https://t.co/DWleiiyJHU

— Drew Brees (@drewbrees) March 14, 2021

"After 20 years as a player in the NFL and 15 years as a Saint, it is time I retire from the game of football. Each day, I poured my heart & soul into being your Quarterback. Til the very end, I exhausted myself to give everything I had to the Saints organization, my team, and the great city of New Orleans. We shared some amazing moments together, many of which are emblazoned in our hearts and minds and will forever be a part of us. You have molded me, strengthened me, inspired me, and given me a lifetime of memories. My goal for the last 15 years was striving to give to you everything you had given to me and more.
I am only retiring from playing football, I am not retiring from New Orleans. This is not goodbye, rather a new beginning. Now my real life‘s work begins!"
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:10 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Vermeil chose Trent Green over Brees in 2001. Brees was going to be their first round pick.
And then ironically Marty S developed him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:10 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I actually thought he retired a couple of years ago..
You're probably thinking of Tom Brady.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:10 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I like what the saints did giving taysom hill a huge money deal but voidable. Gives the saints a chance to see if they can truly build around him and cut bait if it doesn't work.

I don't think you can build around him so I'm guessing new orleans will be aggressive at qb in the draft.
It's absolute nonsense to think Taysom Hill is an acceptable NFL starting QB.

Dude makes Lamar Jackson look like Dan Marino when throwing the ball.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:17 PM 03-14-2021
Taysom hill gets a 4 year 140 million dollar contract extension
[Reply]
jallmon 04:41 PM 03-14-2021
After San Diego hosed him about his injured shoulder, and he went on to NO and tore ass, winning a super bowl. Happy for him; class act.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:01 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's absolute nonsense to think Taysom Hill is an acceptable NFL starting QB.

Dude makes Lamar Jackson look like Dan Marino when throwing the ball.
I don't think so either. But that team is too good to tank and they've proven they can win games in spite of him. Like I said, I like the idea because it's voidable. They're paying him a lot right now so they can easily cut him. It buys them some time to find a replacement qb at a shitty draft spot.
[Reply]
HayWire 05:09 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Why aren't they wearing their Mahomes jerseys?

Edit: Dang it. You deleted the link to his kids.
Im sorry Mr. Man. Let me try again.

:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Drew Brees (@drewbrees)

[Reply]
Mennonite 05:20 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Here's the video he posted:

I'm laughing even before I click the Play button.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 05:21 PM 03-14-2021
Tough to come up with a QB that ended up maximizing his ability for than Brees. Cool that Brees used his kids in his retirement message. It may have been pretty funny if his kids reacted in disappointment that now they can get away with less when he is home more but then when he tells them that he is going to still be away on occasion announcing games, they smile.

Jameis Winston is probably going to get the first crack at the starting position. Even if the players are roughly equal with Winston as QB, you can still use Hill on offense as a gadget guy.

Sooner or later, Saints need to pay the piper. The can can probably be mostly kicked down the road if they want to do so again.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:00 PM 03-14-2021
One of the greatest...

[Reply]
dj56dt58 06:27 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Vermeil chose Trent Green over Brees in 2001. Brees was going to be their first round pick.
Worked out great..nobody was winning a SB with that defense. Would have been better after Green for sure, but likely wouldnt have Mahomes and Reid now
[Reply]
El caliente 07:12 PM 03-14-2021
We (the Saints fan base, city of New Orleans, and my family) owe him a lot. He should never have to pay for another meal in this city as long as he lives. He gave us hope after Katrina, and helped bring our franchise out of the dregs of the league. He took our fan base from the lowest lows to the highest highs. His final couple of seasons weren’t great, but he was our Captain, and we were blessed to have him.

On a personal note, when we had our 4th child she was put into the NICU for several weeks as a preme. We switched off staying with her during those 4.5 weeks. Around week 2 however the hospital had us sign waivers as someone had purchased monitors for all the baby’s in the NICU, and we needed to give our approval of it. The person that bought all of those monitors was none other than Drew and Brittney Brees. That made our life a lot easier as we could monitor her while we were at home, school, or work. It was a major relief for us (and the other families we grew to know) during that stay.

God bless Drew and Brittney Brees.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:17 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by El caliente:
We (the Saints fan base, city of New Orleans, and my family) owe him a lot. He should never have to pay for another meal in this city as long as he lives. He gave us hope after Katrina, and helped bring our franchise out of the dregs of the league. He took our fan base from the lowest lows to the highest highs. His final couple of seasons weren’t great, but he was our Captain, and we were blessed to have him.

On a personal note, when we had our 4th child she was put into the NICU for several weeks as a preme. We switched off staying with her during those 4.5 weeks. Around week 2 however the hospital had us sign waivers as someone had purchased monitors for all the baby’s in the NICU, and we needed to give our approval of it. The person that bought all of those monitors was none other than Drew and Brittney Brees. That made our life a lot easier as we could monitor her while we were at home, school, or work. It was a major relief for our’s and the other families were grew to know during that stay.

Dusty
[Reply]
KurtCobain 07:58 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by El caliente:

On a personal note, when we had our 4th child she was put into the NICU for several weeks as a preme. We switched off staying with her during those 4.5 weeks. Around week 2 however the hospital had us sign waivers as someone had purchased monitors for all the baby’s in the NICU, and we needed to give our approval of it. The person that bought all of those monitors was none other than Drew and Brittney Brees. That made our life a lot easier as we could monitor her while we were at home, school, or work. It was a major relief for our’s and the other families were grew to know during that stay.

Thank you for sharing that story, that was very beautiful.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:46 PM 03-14-2021
RIP
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up