ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 42
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Unique Military Weapons
Easy 6 05:45 PM 08-02-2013
Cant recall ever seeing a thread on this topic so i thought it was time we had one... this thread is dedicated to military weaponry of any kind, from any era or nation.

There is a seemingly endless array of novel, fascinating, revolutionary or even ill-fated hardware out there so subject material shouldnt be a problem.

First entry coming up shortly...
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:53 PM 08-02-2013
The Tall White Tails are watching.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:57 PM 08-02-2013
Daisy Cutter video here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:57 PM 08-02-2013
Cant believe that with all of the WWII books i've read and documentaries i've watched, that i'd never heard of this until a few days ago... a Japanese super submarine that carried and launched aircraft like a surface ship, the I 400 series.

Such a killer idea for those times, a real technical achievement that could've been extremely hard to deal with had it been invented sooner, luckily it never made it into action because it was designed primarily to strike at American cities on the coasts. It was a real piece of work, but its idea was usurped by the advent of missile technology that was much cheaper and easier to platform on a sub.

This is a short computer mockup that shows how it operated...

This is the full documentary for those inclined...

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:03 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
The Tall White Tails are watching.
Our weapon don't even compare
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:17 PM 08-02-2013
Next up, the stuff that really gives me a woody... next generation manned aircraft, as opposed to the super cool but unmanned UCAV stuff.

Call it Aurora or whatever, but i would give a left nut to be privy to some of this, although its quite possible i've seen some variation of it in person and not known it... not long ago i was watching a documentary about lighter than air aviation from a civilian uses perspective and the key ingredient for this was the use of helium.

As some of you might remember, i was in the automotive sales business for quite a while, you might also know that almost every car dealership just gets off on plastering their lots with balloons to attract the eye of passers by... well, two years ago helium was taken off the market by the government, its no longer available (much to the chagrin of car dealers).

Now think about what that element could do for an aircraft made of super lightweight stealth materials... alloys, composites, polymers etc... think of the ships hull being honeycombed with it for lighter weight yet structural rigidity...

Now imagine tanks of helium inside that can disperse within the craft for flight and then be sucked back into the tanks for landings and other maneuvers... then throw in the zero point propulsion systems that we surely have by now but havent advertised.

Such a craft would be unbelieveably fast and maneuverable... laugh if you must, thats okay, but i bet if we could see what the various skunkworks have right now, our collective jaws would smash into the ground.

Heres a short clip full of possibility...

[Reply]
TimeForWasp 06:22 PM 08-02-2013
Let's fly an Andy Reid balloon.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:28 PM 08-02-2013

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:29 PM 08-02-2013
The Pykrete aircraft carrier. /endthread
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:32 PM 08-02-2013

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 PM 08-02-2013
Ah yes, i remember seeing something about this years ago, but there were severe problems with it that killed the idea... i'm thinking melting was the problem, lets see...

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:15 PM 08-02-2013
Who doesnt love lasers?

[Reply]
threebag 08:21 PM 08-02-2013
How about the small pox infested wool blankets
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:03 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by threebag02:
How about the small pox infested wool blankets
The earliest form of biological warfare, what a dastardly deed.

Early Americans were some some hardcore, heartless mother****ers.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:24 PM 08-02-2013
Greek fire.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 42
1 234511 > Last »
Up