Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Free Agency***
JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:01 PM 05-02-2024
lattimore for that price and he will be done when McDuffie comes due.. tempting. I'd be interested in the post June 1 Godwin rumor too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Marshon Lattimore cap hit to a new team:
2024- $1.210M
2025- $18M
2026- $18.5M

That $1.21M for this season makes it very very tempting.
So, we traded away Sneed to take on Lattimore's deal? Why?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:02 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So, we traded away Sneed to take on Lattimore's deal? Why?
Paying a dude a million dollars for 1 year and not being on the hook for any of the following money is way different than throwing out a huge guarantee that you have to pay right now and being on the hook for all the money.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:05 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Paying a dude a million dollars for 1 year and not being on the hook for any of the following money is way different than throwing out a huge guarantee that you have to pay right now and being on the hook for all the money.
That makes sense. Although, with all of the young DB talent we have, I'm not sure we need another body.

I'd also rather not give up a pick of ANY sort.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It would be $18.5M each year with no dead cap for cutting him, so no, not really insane unless he's completely fallen off the cliff.
Right.

If all it costs is a 5th, maybe even a 4th, and you get 1 year of him for asswipe money and then cut him with no cap penalty, that's not the worst thing in the world.

Sneed/4th/long-term cap flexibility (and $17 in short term cap space)

for

Lattimore/3rd

I mean, that's an obvious win, no?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 05-02-2024
That makes sense. Although, with all of the young DB talent we have, I'm not sure we need another body.

I'd also rather not give up a pick of ANY sort.
Puts a LOT of faith in Williams being able to hold up over a full season. And someone like Conner having greater slot responsibility.

I do think we're a little on the shy side at CB. I mean I know everyone's in love with Nazeh Johnson but man there are a lot of unknowns there. He may not have EVER been good and coming of an injury that's derailed the career of many a DB, I'm not sure how confident we can be that he ever will be.
[Reply]
O.city 02:15 PM 05-02-2024
It wouldn't be the worst idea. I'd guess he goes hard wanting an extension though with guaranteed money in it, so you'd probably have to do something.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:20 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Puts a LOT of faith in Williams being able to hold up over a full season. And someone like Conner having greater slot responsibility.

I do think we're a little on the shy side at CB. I mean I know everyone's in love with Nazeh Johnson but man there are a lot of unknowns there. He may not have EVER been good and coming of an injury that's derailed the career of many a DB, I'm not sure how confident we can be that he ever will be.
Even without him (Johnson), though, we have McDuffie, Williams, Watson, and Jones to go along with being about 5 deep at S, and that's to say nothing of Kamal Hadden, whom I've heard the Chiefs were thrilled to pick up where they did.

Maybe we need another body, though I love watching the young guys get to learn and grow.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:28 PM 05-02-2024
We've got nine CB's on the roster and two years ago after Ward left Veach and Reid traded away a guy who played in the SB (Fenton) and decided to throw Mcduffie, Williams and Watson straight into the fire. All three have since gone on to play a role In two superbowl wins. And now you got Nic Jones, Johnson, Hadden and Battle in the mix too. So I doubt they target a CB tbh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 05-02-2024
Even without him (Johnson), though, we have McDuffie, Williams, Watson, and Jones to go along with being about 5 deep at S, and that's to say nothing of Kamal Hadden, whom I've heard the Chiefs were thrilled to pick up where they did.

Maybe we need another body, though I love watching the young guys get to learn and grow.
The fact that Williams/Watson jockeyed positions for as long as they did makes me a little nervous. It wasn't because one kept stealing the job - it was because neither really separated himself.

That said, it really did seem like Williams took control of that job down the stretch. And I think I'm pretty confident in him. I'm more worried about CB3 and what we'll do in the event of the inevitable injury in the defensive backfield.

Conner I do think will be a big part of the answer next season. I think he'll be able to step up and maybe be more of a full time NCB than pure backup safety. I loved his range though I do wonder if he'll have the feet to stay in guys pockets when he's asked to step into the slot.

I think in an ideal world, Jaylen Watson remains a backup rather than someone who's seeing 40 snaps/gm. I just think he got exposed a little last season. It wouldn't take much for us to have to lean pretty heavily on him and I don't love that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:28 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We've got nine CB's on the roster and two years ago after Ward left Veach and Reid traded away a guy who played in the SB (Fenton) and decided to throw Mcduffie, Williams and Watson straight into the fire. All three have since gone on to play a role In two superbowl wins. And now you got Nic Jones, Johnson, Hadden and Battle in the mix too. So I doubt they target a CB tbh.
Agreed. We won a SB running a bunch of rookies out there and then won another with them as second year players. Spags sure as **** ain't worried about playing rookies.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:34 PM 05-02-2024
First of all, why the fuck wouldn't you just have kept Sneed then?

Second of all, doubt Lattimore even gets on a practice field without having some guarantees implemented in any prospective trade.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 05-03-2024
Chark to the Chargers and OBJ to the Dolphins.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Chark to the Chargers and OBJ to the Dolphins.
1 year and 'up to' $8.25 million; base appears to be about $3 million.

Yeah, that's probably right where I'd have been willing to offer him. Kinda disappointed we didn't get him at/near that figure.

With a base salary of $3 million, if we weren't willing to guarantee $5 million and put together a similar incentive structure to get to $9 million, that really kinda tells me that Palmers "The Chiefs are expecting a half-season suspension or longer for Rice" stuff is bullshit.

At that kind of money with the cap space to make it work, there's no reason NOT to do it if you think you're losing your top receiver for half a year.
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 AM 05-03-2024
Claypool to Buffalo
[Reply]
Page 354 of 365
« First < 254304344350351352353354 355356357358364 > Last »
Up