ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
louie aguiar 12:08 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Tony Pauline said we are very high on Jordan Morgan. Idk much about Pauline though
Short arms - probably not a prospect that we would look at to play LT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Tony Pauline said we are very high on Jordan Morgan. Idk much about Pauline though
With guards making $20 million now, I'd say a guy like Morgan, who's worst case scenario is a premium guard, IMO, is worthwhile if available at 32. Maybe his arms are too short for LT but hey, Mitch Schwartz had almost identical length and he was an All Pro caliber RT. If that's who Morgan is, you're more than happy with that pick.

If a great player falls because he MIGHT not be a LT, I think you have to keep him high on your board when the odds are pretty good that he's going to be a very good RT or G.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:53 PM 03-11-2024
I'm coming around on Patrick Paul, any chance he's there at #64 with a 9.96 RAS?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-met-with-team

I see we're not the biggest fans from previous posts.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:04 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm coming around on Patrick Paul, any chance he's there at #64 with a 9.96 RAS?

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...-met-with-team

I see we're not the biggest fans from previous posts.
I don't see him that low but NFL stock exchange mocked him to us twice at 64.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:33 AM 03-12-2024
I can't understate how enamored I am with trading up for Fautanu if he gets to 16. If somehow a team prefers him to Fashanu and he falls to that range, I'm all in. It would definitely take a 2nd plus, unless we can get the pick from Atlanta at 43.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:32 PM 03-12-2024
Has anyone given thought to whether or not Josh Jones would be a FA fit?

Opinions?
[Reply]
O.city 06:47 PM 03-12-2024
Jordan Morgan is super athletic, but has shorter arms. I could see Andy liking the athleticism.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:28 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jordan Morgan is super athletic, but has shorter arms. I could see Andy liking the athleticism.
Built awfully similar to Mitchell Schwartz.

One of the higher floors of anyone who could be available to us at 32. I wouldn't mind the pick even a little bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah - I think Morgan is my guy in the 1st round.

Watched him a bit more and I just don't see a way that guy doesn't have a 10 year career starting somewhere along the OL and make a couple Pro Bowls along the way.

He just has an awfully high floor and I think there's enough skill/athleticism there that the ceiling is absolutely a good starting LT for a team that utilizes deep pass sets.

So yeah - I want to see Morgan slip to us in the 1st. That's my guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - I think Morgan is my guy in the 1st round.

Watched him a bit more and I just don't see a way that guy doesn't have a 10 year career starting somewhere along the OL and make a couple Pro Bowls along the way.

He just has an awfully high floor and I think there's enough skill/athleticism there that the ceiling is absolutely a good starting LT for a team that utilizes deep pass sets.

So yeah - I want to see Morgan slip to us in the 1st. That's my guy.
I like Morgan too, but the question is, will the arm length be a dealbreaker for Andy/Veach?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I like Morgan too, but the question is, will the arm length be a dealbreaker for Andy/Veach?
One of the first truly big deals Reid/Dorsey ever gave out was to Mitchell Schwartz.

Morgans arms are, what, a half inch shorter than Mitch's? If that? And while it's not terribly critical, Morgans hands are quite a bit bigger than Mitch's were. Height/weight is virtually identical. And Morgan has better baseline athleticism than Mitch.

I mean if the arms are a deal breaker, I guess Suamataia is the guy. I don't think he's quite as safe a pick but I'd be fine with that as well.

But I think it's time to invest a little more heavily at OT in this draft and the depth of the WR corps means we'll have some nice options at the back of the 2nd. As such, it just makes WAY too much sense to go OT in the 1st. I think a draft where both Morgan AND Suamataia are off the board by 32 would require...hmmmm.....8 offensive tackles before 32?

Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims, Guyton, Morgan, Suamataia. So 9.

With the possibility of 4 QBs going in the round and 5 pretty likely WRs (Big 3, Thomas and Mitchell or Franklin)....boy, I just don't think that's likely.

I think Morgan or Suamataia are there for us and I can live with either guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 03-19-2024
One of the first truly big deals Reid/Dorsey ever gave out was to Mitchell Schwartz.

Morgans arms are, what, a half inch shorter than Mitch's? If that? And while it's not terribly critical, Morgans hands are quite a bit bigger than Mitch's were. Height/weight is virtually identical. And Morgan has better baseline athleticism than Mitch.

I mean if the arms are a deal breaker, I guess Suamataia is the guy. I don't think he's quite as safe a pick but I'd be fine with that as well.

But I think it's time to invest a little more heavily at OT in this draft and the depth of the WR corps means we'll have some nice options at the back of the 2nd. As such, it just makes WAY too much sense to go OT in the 1st. I think a draft where both Morgan AND Suamataia are off the board by 32 would require...hmmmm.....8 offensive tackles before 32?

Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Mims, Guyton, Morgan, Suamataia. So 9.

With the possibility of 4 QBs going in the round and 5 pretty likely WRs (Big 3, Thomas and Mitchell or Franklin)....boy, I just don't think that's likely.

I think the difference with Schwartz was that he was a known commodity and had already proven in the NFL, so it was probably easier for them to ignore him not meeting their arm length threshold.

As far as I know, Andy has never draft an OT that doesn't meet them.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:21 PM 03-19-2024

I've started playing around with the mock draft simulators, and unless a Brian Thomas-type receiver is available, those guys seem to often be available and a logical choice.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:25 PM 03-13-2024
Is Blake Fisher more interesting now after losing Alegretti?

He's considered highly versatile and might be the depth guy we need to back our starters up?

I think he probably goes too high for us.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:13 PM 03-14-2024
This was a great thread to make
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up