View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 109 of 343
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:43 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:

So in the end Veach offered him a contract that was actually fair and not BS inflated.

I love Veach even more now. And by the way, Orlando, this is what you're worth. Know your worth.

You can make up the difference by investing wisely with zero issue but now if you tank this season you'll never get generational wealth.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:45 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
That's basically the exact framework I've been playing with in this thread from the start.

Damn. I nailed that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:48 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That's basically the exact framework I've been playing with in this thread from the start.

Damn. I nailed that.
Spoiler alert : Duncan works in the Chiefs front office
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:49 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It's possible this might be best for the Chiefs anyway. We get another year to evaluate whether Brown is worth giving a long term deal to, and we only risk the franchise tag cap number. If he proves to be an ascending player and we bring him back, we know we make a safe investment. If he doesn't take a step forward we've got a whole season and an offseason to plan for the future.
This is where I'm at....and way to redeem yourself after the "Jake" Long Miami post.
[Reply]
Balto 11:52 AM 07-15-2022
Wonder if Lane Johnson trade rumors are still on the table for Philly? Could go get him and have him play LT IF OBJ sits out and then move Lane over to RT if/when OBJ comes back.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:55 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
And by the way, Orlando, this is what you're worth. Know your worth.

You can make up the difference by investing wisely with zero issue but now if you tank this season you'll never get generational wealth.
First, the roughly 10mm post-tax he'll have made in his career after this season would represent generational wealth for the majority of people on the planet.

Second, "know your worth"? Was he free to negotiate with all 32 teams as a free agent? Pretty sure some other teams would've topped Veach's offer and placed a higher "worth" on him.

The franchise tag slows down the gears of a free market. Kudos to him for taking the risk and trying to do better.

Das Kapital! Workers of the world, unite!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:04 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Spoiler alert : Duncan works in the Chiefs front office

Duncan was in the Royals front office until they caught him playing with himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Oxford 12:07 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
First, the roughly 10mm post-tax he'll have made in his career after this season would represent generational wealth for the majority of people on the planet.

Second, "know your worth"? Was he free to negotiate with all 32 teams as a free agent? Pretty sure some other teams would've topped Veach's offer and placed a higher "worth" on him.

The franchise tag slows down the gears of a free market. Kudos to him for taking the risk and trying to do better.

The Chiefs did NOT have an exclusive tag on him, make the Chiefs an offer if you are prepared to guarantee 80 million of the contract over the first 4 years. Then they he can get his money after he signs the tag
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So in the end Veach offered him a contract that was actually fair and not BS inflated.

I love Veach even more now. And by the way, Orlando, this is what you're worth. Know your worth.

Holy shit, you just get dumber and dumber.
[Reply]
mabbott 12:09 PM 07-15-2022

The non exclusive franchise tag allows Brown to negotiate with other teams. Brown didn't go out to get other offers as this would work out fairly well for the Chiefs as they would get two 1st round Comp picks.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:10 PM 07-15-2022
Good on Veach. Now let’s trade for Robert Quinn.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:11 PM 07-15-2022

T Orlando Brown is currently still weighing all options with respect to his decision on whether or not to report to #Chiefs training camp, per league source.

The sides are not expected to reach an agreement on a long-term deal on today's deadline. Brown's tag offer is unsigned.

— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:12 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Oxford:
The Chiefs did NOT have an exclusive tag on him, make the Chiefs an offer if you are prepared to guarantee 80 million of the contract over the first 4 years. Then they he can get his money after he signs the tag
That still still doesn’t allow him to attain whatever value he’s be able to get as a free agent. You have to give up compensation to get him AND negotiate a deal.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:13 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I guarantee that he is on the field as LT week 1. That's all I care about.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:14 PM 07-15-2022

The $3.5 million he's already made in his career would be 'generational wealth' by most standards.

He may not have been on the open market, but should Brown have had the expectation that as a tackle in the #10-#15 range across the league, he'd do better than a contract with an AAV similar to Trent Williams'?

No, if he "resets the market" he won't do it by much more than this. He'll just get more guarantees against the chance that he might not live up to the deal. That has nothing to do with knowing his worth, it is a hedge against not knowing what he will be worth over the next 2-3 offseasons. He wants to be sure he gets paid even if he's not worth it.

Brown's position seems contradictory - he's willing to risk a big deal by playing under the tag this year and betting his play will improve, but he's not willing to take a Trent Williams type deal unless it's mostly guaranteed.

The man can conduct his business however he likes, and Veach drew a line in the sand. We shouldn't pay elite money for good but not great players, and it looks like we won't.

I'm sure a poverty team with lots of cap room would give Orlando Brown a big contract, but much like the Tyreek Hill contract, this isn't something well-run franchises usually do. Elite money should require you to be elite and to spend the term of the contract in your prime.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 343
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up