ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3287 of 4872
« First < 2287278731873237327732833284328532863287 328832893290329132973337338737874287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:54 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Lock would have certainly been capable of beating Houston yesterday. Of course, he's also capable of turning it over three times and blowing it.

Bridgewater, on the other hand...are you telling me you wouldn't expect him to win that game?
I think we're looking at the wrong thing. Why is it just Russ? Not suggesting he was phenomenal, but again ... 12 penalties, several dropped passes that were where they needed to be for the receivers.

Right now, Denver's issues are primarily coaching based. The team is not disciplined and some of the play calling is just horrific. Rolling the 'what if' clock back and looking just at Lock or Teddy... I think we all agree, most any QB should have been able to beat HOU yesterday.

Denver's disappointments so far... there are many, but none that make me say had we just kept Lock or Teddy, we would be 2-0.

Pick one of these below... they wouldn't need all 3.
They would be 2-0 if the defense could have contained the mighty Geno.
They would be 2-0 if they only had 1 fumble, not 2 at the goal line.
They would be 2-0 if they only had 6 penalties, not 12 vs SEA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:12 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think we're looking at the wrong thing. Why is it just Russ? Not suggesting he was phenomenal, but again ... 12 penalties, several dropped passes that were where they needed to be for the receivers.

Right now, Denver's issues are primarily coaching based. The team is not disciplined and some of the play calling is just horrific. Rolling the 'what if' clock back and looking just at Lock or Teddy... I think we all agree, most any QB should have been able to beat HOU yesterday.

Denver's disappointments so far... there are many, but none that make me say had we just kept Lock or Teddy, we would be 2-0.

The problem is that you don’t have multiple draft picks and $250M wrapped up in a guy like Bridgewater. Make all the excuses you want, right now this looks like a lateral move. A very very expensive lateral move.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:15 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that you don’t have multiple draft picks and $250M wrapped up in a guy like Bridgewater. Make all the excuses you want, right now this looks like a lateral move. A very very expensive lateral move.
This is exactly what they are too dense to understand. They would be closer to being a contender by keeping what they had and tanking the season vs trading everything they did plus dumping a quarter of a billion on an aging and declining QB.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:19 PM 09-19-2022
What's the earliest the donks can get out of the Wilson deal without destroying their cap more than they already have by doing the terrible deal in the first place? How long are they realistically stuck with him?
[Reply]
penguinz 04:24 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
What's the earliest the donks can get out of the Wilson deal without destroying their cap more than they already have by doing the terrible deal in the first place? How long are they realistically stuck with him?
2025 they can take only a 18.5M cap hit.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:29 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Unless I am reading wrong, highly possible, according to over the cap they really can't ever without taking a huge cap or dead money hit.
Dear Lord in heaven please let this be true.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:31 PM 09-19-2022

If the playcalling is bad, then the future looks pretty bleak in the Hackett era. That's the one area in which fans had reason to think he might excel.

As for the penalties, I think that's kind of a weak excuse. How many of those were 5 yard penalties? It seemed to be almost all of them. Those shouldn't be drive-killers. Plus, the Broncos also benefited from several penalties that extended drives. Houston only had 6 fewer penalty yards overall than Denver.

I don't think anyone's blaming everything on Wilson, but we've heard a lot of "just a QB away" talk over the years, and all offseason we were told that Denver had found their elite QB who was going to take them to a completely different level. The fact that you seem to already be scaling back your own expectations for this year only proves our point about Wilson and the quality of the roster/coaches.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:31 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
2025 they can take only a 18.5M cap hit.
That would still be somewhere close to a top-10 cap hit in NFL history. Aka, a win/win for Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 09-19-2022
I totally get where DomCasual is coming from, to be honest. There were times when the Pioli era felt like a tragicomedy and Hacketts antics are almost slapstick in nature.

Pioli was a sinister incompetent.

Hackett is just an outright buffoon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:43 PM 09-19-2022
Rest of the NFL is playing chess while this clown is spinning a See N Say
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:03 PM 09-19-2022
Wait, how are they making that assumption? I don't think any Denver fans are thinking that..
Between him and Turddy you guys were 3-0 last year, had scored more points, and given up less. Why wouldn’t he have you with the same record?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:06 PM 09-19-2022

You’re suggesting fixing a problem by changing what actually happened in the game. Do you not think the other team should be afforded a made up scenario as well?
[Reply]
Pablo 05:09 PM 09-19-2022
So they're essentially stuck with Russ thru 2024 then? Is that the good news?
[Reply]
TEX 07:13 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I totally get where DomCasual is coming from, to be honest. There were times when the Pioli era felt like a tragicomedy and Hacketts antics are almost slapstick in nature.

Pioli was a sinister incompetent.

Hackett is just an outright buffoon.
A hugging buffoon.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:39 PM 09-19-2022
Teams that look better than Denver so far....

Chiefs (by far)
Bills
Bucs
Eagles
Giants
Dolphins
Jets
Pats
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Chargers
Faid
Cards
49ers
Rams
Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikes
Cowboys

Damn, Denver is baaaad
[Reply]
Page 3287 of 4872
« First < 2287278731873237327732833284328532863287 328832893290329132973337338737874287 > Last »
Up