ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3699 of 3903
« First < 2699319935993649368936953696369736983699 3700370137023703370937493799 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
78% of people who die from this flu are OVERWEIGHT.

But hey, ya'll keep circle jerking to your sociopathic "compassion"
Yeah, just done with you providing absolutely nothing to this thread except for stirring shit, and for months on end... bye.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:47 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WOW
What about the other 22%?
I would like to see this definition of "overweight". Were they 10 lbs, 20 lbs, etc.
I am guessing you are saying that those with "underlying" health conditions are the real problem.
The point is no matter how someone tries to justify their position in ways like this that those people are still just as dead and that is what the shame is actually about not that these people are "not as healthy as possible or me".
People with this type of stance need to get over themselves and their self-righteous position.
People with attitudes such as this are the ones that are truly sad and is one of the real shames of our society.
As I recall, it was obese, not overweight.

Still, Delta has changed that. Younger and fitter people are dying.
[Reply]
TJW 10:39 AM 08-28-2021
My own personal experience:
I’m in SE Texas which was hit relatively early by delta. We seem to be past the peak now thankfully. In my workgroup (60 people) we have had 16 covid positives. 2 on vents. 1 is improving, 1 is not expected to make it. Both are in late 30s/early 40s, both relatively unhealthy. Then our probably “healthiest” guy in the group (mid 30s, distance runner, vegan, etc) just came back to work after 3 weeks out, spent time in the hospital on the clonal antibody stuff but no vent). One lady has a 2 year old just back from 6 days in the hospital, at one point they prepped the 2yo for a vent then decided against it as she would have been our hospitals youngest ever covid vent patient).
On vaccines, 15 of the 16 were unvaccinated. Of the families I know who have had COVID and are partially vaxxed (that is, say mom is vax’d and dad is not) in one case the vax’d dad still caught it, in the other instance the vax’d mom was the only family member to test negative.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:50 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, just done with you providing absolutely nothing to this thread except for stirring shit, and for months on end... bye.
Good.
[Reply]
loochy 10:57 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by TJW:
Then our probably “healthiest” guy in the group (mid 30s, distance runner, vegan, etc)
Lol
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:10 AM 08-28-2021
Not surprised.

Your bias clouds your objectivity.

I dont think you understand what he is saying. If 78% of the general population is overweight then 74%
of people being affected by covid should be 78%. If it was less, it would mean overweight people resisted covid.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:18 AM 08-28-2021

Yes the first thing I do when I’m vomiting up pints of blood and bleeding from my rectum is jerk off to check my semen.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:24 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Yes the first thing I do when I’m vomiting up pints of blood and bleeding from my rectum is jerk off to check my semen.
No shit if your going to put out bullshit at least put some thought into it. Goes to show the IQ of the dip shits putting out the disinformation.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:28 AM 08-28-2021
78% of people who die from this flu are OVERWEIGHT.

But hey, ya'll keep circle jerking to your sociopathic "compassion"
So do you think your qualified to be judge and jury on who gets what ?And that flu remark really shows your intelligence.
[Reply]
TJW 01:00 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Lol
I know I know, that’s why I put it in quotes. But you know the type. Doesn’t really fit the profile of who I would have expected to get hit so bad.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:21 PM 08-28-2021
As a vaxed person, I still don't care what others choose to do. In fact if one is on the fence about getting the vaccine, the least effective way to get that person vaccinated is to shame and call them an idiot. If everybody and media and politicians just chill, more folks will be less defensive and likely quietly come around. Again, challenging peoples intellect isn't going to win hearts and minds IMO.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:23 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Yeah I don't know who this person is but I am calling BULLSHIT.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:29 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
As a vaxxed person, I still don't care what others choose to do. In fact, if one is on the fence about getting the vaccine, the least effective way to get that person vaccinated is to shame and call them an idiot. If everybody and media and politicians just chill, more folks will be less defensive and likely quietly come around. Again, challenging people's intellect isn't going to win hearts and minds IMO.
There are people dying of curable conditions because there are no beds due to the lack of beds thanks to all the Covid patients.
Most of these Covid patients that need to be hospitalized or on vents and require all of the high end treatments are unvaccinated.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:40 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There are people dying of curable conditions because there are no beds due to the lack of beds thanks to all the Covid patients.
Most of these Covid patients that need to be hospitalized or on vents and require all of the high end treatments are unvaccinated.
I agree that is true in a few places but it doesn't make my point wrong.
[Reply]
Katipan 01:48 PM 08-28-2021
I think the point is appealing to compassion didn't work either.
[Reply]
Page 3699 of 3903
« First < 2699319935993649368936953696369736983699 3700370137023703370937493799 > Last »
Up