ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 05:38 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All the more reason to temper expectations instead of painting one's self further into the proverbial corner.
I think most here are discussing preferences rather than end all be all’s.

Some just value LT properly and are willing to move up for more of a upside.

I trust Veachs evaluation of this whole draft class and specifically WR, OT and LB.

I’d probably be the only one not mad if we stayed at 31 and took their favorite LB to pair with WGJ...but my preference is BPA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:41 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think most here are discussing preferences rather than end all be all’s.

Some just value LT properly and are willing to move up for more of a upside.

I trust Veachs evaluation of this whole draft class and specifically WR, OT and LB.

I’d probably be the only one not mad if we stayed at 31 and took their favorite LB to pair with WGJ...but my preference is BPA.
Trading next year's first round pick and more for a guy that may or may not be good enough is not valuing LT's properly. It's also not valuing draft picks properly.

The drop-off between Darrisaw and Cosmi is not worth the extra draft capital. It's just not.

Ironically enough, I completely agree with your last 2 sentences. I actually hope they go BPA, even if it's not an OT. They'll find a solution to the LT problem. They don't HAVE to do anything they don't want to do.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:43 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Many of the more reliable guys don’t even have Cosmi going in the 1st round.

Now I personally don’t think he gets passed 31, but I also don’t think he goes in the teens.
That pro day is moving him up boards like Wirfs combine did for him.

I think Cosmi ends up going in the first 16 picks and I won’t be surprised to see Veach try to get to 12 for him or Darrisaw.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:46 PM 03-29-2021

I think Cosmi ends up going in the first 16 picks and I won’t be surprised to see Veach try to get to 12 for him or Darrisaw.
Who do you think takes Cosmi in the first 16? Or do you think he's going to leapfrog Slater or Darrisaw?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:47 PM 03-29-2021

And by the way, EVERYBODY is having a "record" pro day.

The pro days this year are ridiculous. They need to be taken with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:48 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading next year's first round pick and more for a guy that may or may not be good enough is not valuing LT's properly. It's also not valuing draft picks properly.

The drop-off between Darrisaw and Cosmi is not worth the extra draft capital. It's just not.

Ironically enough, I completely agree with your last 2 sentences. I actually hope they go BPA, even if it's not an OT. They'll find a solution to the LT problem. They don't HAVE to do anything they don't want to do.
This offense FLOURISHES and is borderline unstoppable when Pat has time and we have 3 quality WRs and Kelce running routes.

I’m absolutely not locked into anything for the draft.

Like I said, I won’t be part of the meltdown if Veach takes Collins, Parsons, Owen, Paye or another player he sees as a good selection at 31.

It’s going to be extremely interesting to see how the board falls.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:49 PM 03-29-2021

This has been said about every single prospect. I’m not buying it. Everybody already knew Cosmi was a great athlete. He caught a pass in a game and looked like a big TE running for a TD.

He’s still not a fit for everyone.

If he’s going in the first 16 picks, that means Slater and/or Darrisaw fall. I don’t see it
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:49 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, then are we not gonna count on any draft pick to start? What if we take a WR or a DE?
Good grief, Dude. Why are being so obtuse about this subject?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:03 PM 03-29-2021
Don't trade up for a guy that isn't ready to step in and start.
You said the same exact thing about Mahomes in January 2017 when I advocated for the Chiefs trading up for him in the first round.

I think it worked out pretty well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 03-29-2021
If thats the case, you can protect him that first year like they did Fisher.

Either way, if they take a LT in the first this year, he'll be your starter at LT in Sep.
Brandon Albert started at left tackle in 2013 while Fisher started at right tackle. The dude was so fucking bad that the Chiefs pulled him late in the season but in the end, he turned out to be a quality LT.

This is why some people are advocating for an Okung to start the season, especially if the NFL goes with a Virtual Offseason again.

And yes, a WR or a DE could start Week 1 without issue because neither one of those players is protecting the half a BILLION dollar QB's blindside.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:09 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
With the faster vaccine rather rollout I would hope they would back off that.
The NFL is yet to mandate that all players receive the vaccine and it's probably a fight they'd lose against the NFLPA.

I'd expect a Virtual Offseason until it's been otherwise dismissed.
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Brandon Albert started at left tackle in 2013 while Fisher started at right tackle. The dude was so ****ing bad that the Chiefs pulled him late in the season but in the end, he turned out to be a quality LT.

This is why some people are advocating for an Okung to start the season, especially if the NFL goes with a Virtual Offseason again.

And yes, a WR or a DE could start Week 1 without issue because neither one of those players is protecting the half a BILLION dollar QB's blindside.
Ok, so you’re valuing the LT spot correctly, are you ok with a trade up for one?

If it’s that important they can’t go into the season without a good one ?
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You said the same exact thing about Mahomes in January 2017 when I advocated for the Chiefs trading up for him in the first round.

I think it worked out pretty well.
For a qb, fine.

Any other position, you shouldn’t be taking developmental prospects that early or atleast trading up for one
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This has been said about every single prospect. I’m not buying it. Everybody already knew Cosmi was a great athlete. He caught a pass in a game and looked like a big TE running for a TD.

He’s still not a fit for everyone.

If he’s going in the first 16 picks, that means Slater and/or Darrisaw fall. I don’t see it
The raiders probably need a tackle. The eagles if they don’t like Dillard etc
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 PM 03-29-2021
I say this every year, and every year it's true.

Everybody can't go in the first round. All this 'rising draft stock' crap is just that.

1/3 of the first round is not going to be offensive tackles.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up