ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>staylor26 Mock 1.0
staylor26 09:18 PM 03-19-2024
32. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
64. Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina
95. DeWayne Carter, DT, Duke
131. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
158. Tahj Washington, WR, USC
173. Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville
252. Jaylin Simpson, S, Auburn
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:19 PM 03-19-2024
Very solid!

Guyton just feels like the pick to me this year, last year I had the same feeling about Mazi Smith. Walker is a bit underrated I think because he had to miss games this season and I think T Washington's a potential steal. Guerendo was under the radar before the combine, can't remember a player that shot up board more afterward. Folks that know say he's the real deal though, would have to be pretty confident to make the leap with so little production I guess. Simpson's another potential steal.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:04 AM 03-20-2024
I'd be pretty damn happy with this. Have my doubts about Guyton but I'd take him there for sure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 03-20-2024
Fan of the Cam Hart pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fan of the Cam Hart pick.
He has Spags CB written all over him.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:36 AM 03-20-2024
Can Guyton play LT? And yeah I go on about drops from Worthy but Tez Walker is the most worrisome WR in terms of hands.

Hes struggled badly with drops
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 03-20-2024
I'd swap out Morgan for Guyton but that's just my preference.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:47 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
32. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
64. Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina
95. DeWayne Carter, DT, Duke
131. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
158. Tahj Washington, WR, USC
173. Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville
252. Jaylin Simpson, S, Auburn
That is a great draft! Well done sir!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can Guyton play LT? And yeah I go on about drops from Worthy but Tez Walker is the most worrisome WR in terms of hands.

He’s struggled badly with drops
Yes, I believe Guyton can transition to LT.

As for the drops with Walker, I think they're more of a concern than they are with Worthy. That's why you're getting a guy with that kind of size and speed combo at 64. However, I don't think the drops are any worse than what I seen from Rice and Christian Watson in college, and they cleaned that shit up quickly after some early drops in their rookie seasons.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:58 AM 03-20-2024
I'd be happy with it if it didn't include Walker and Hart.

I like WRs who can catch and CBs who can flip their hips and stay in phase with WRs through the route break.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:19 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd be happy with it if it didn't include Walker and Hart.

I like WRs who can catch and CBs who can flip their hips and stay in phase with WRs through the route break.
To be fair those were specific knocks on Rice and Sneed coming out.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:34 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
To be fair those were specific knocks on Rice and Sneed coming out.
Sure, but I feel like both are significantly worse. A big reason I don't like CBs that are much over 6'0" is that they "usually" struggle with transition and staying in phase. I get he's a mid-round flier but I'm not on board at all. He can't stick with guys that can run routes but he looks great in a straight line. Honestly, I'd like him more putting on some weight and playing FS.

To be fair as well, Rice's drops followed him to the pros. He was productive but his drop rate wasn't great. It was atrocious early on before evening out around 8%. I'm worried about Franklin's, that's my biggest knock on the kid, much less Walker who is significantly worse.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 PM 03-20-2024
I understand the concerns with drops, but that's already factored it. If he didn't have a few question marks, he'd be a potential 1st round pick.

Unless somebody like Roman Wilson falls to us at 64, that's a swing I'm willing to take there.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:51 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd be happy with it if it didn't include Walker and Hart.

I like WRs who can catch and CBs who can flip their hips and stay in phase with WRs through the route break.
Ironically Hart owned Tez Walker in the Senior Bowl drills. I remember reading that Walker was a mid 2 range prospect entering the Senior Bowl. He bombed hard though that week.

Apparently he was the worst player at the Senior Bowl. Wonder if that pushed him to rd 3?
[Reply]
kccrow 12:57 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ironically Hart owned Tez Walker in the Senior Bowl drills. I remember reading that Walker was a mid 2 range prospect entering the Senior Bowl. He bombed hard though that week.

Apparently he was the worst player at the Senior Bowl. Wonder if that pushed him to rd 3?
Pretty sure everyone owned Tez Walker at the Senior Bowl and when it wasn't that way he dropped it. He had an atrocious week. No player hurt their stock more than that kid did. I have serious reservations about putting him in round 2 but sometimes you just have to chalk it up as a bad week and look at what he did all season. I think that warrants someone taking a flier in round 2. Not a great track history with NC WRs though. He's a lot like Dyami Brown and that scares me because I liked Brown more than I should have.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up