ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>World's Of Fun Getting New Roller coaster 2023
Al Bundy 08:04 AM 08-11-2022

Introducing a reimagined Zambezi Zinger - coming in 2023! 🎢 pic.twitter.com/EmxslEeWiG

— Worlds of Fun (@worldsoffun) August 11, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 10:16 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still my favorite coaster of all time.
I went to Worlds of Fun during the summer between my junior and senior years of high school a couple of years after Orient Express opened. We were there early on a weekday, and for about 45 minutes or so there was almost no line. We'd ride the coaster, then run back and do it again. I think we rode it about 10 times in a row. That was great fun.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:47 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still my favorite coaster of all time.
You really need to ride more coasters then.
[Reply]
Spott 07:08 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You really need to ride more coasters then.
I loved that coaster when I was a kid, but I’d bet it would be pretty tame compared to what’s out there now.

I just went on the Velocicoaster at Universal a couple of weeks ago and that was one of the most insane rides I’ve been on. I would guess the Orient would be the third or fourth fastest roller coaster at that park.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:57 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
I loved that coaster when I was a kid, but I’d bet it would be pretty tame compared to what’s out there now.

I just went on the Velocicoaster at Universal a couple of weeks ago and that was one of the most insane rides I’ve been on. I would guess the Orient would be the third or fourth fastest roller coaster at that park.
Yeah, it was fun back in the day. I remember the Timber Wolf was a crazy rough ride, Orient was relatively smooth (but most anything was), and then Mamba came along and it was like riding on a cloud compared to the other two.

I wanted to make it back to Universal when I was in Florida a few months ago, but didn't make it to Orlando... went years ago and remember a couple rides at that time had far better velocity and what not than anything at WoF (much less something like Top Thrill Dragster that puts you a couple hundred feet in the air in like 3 seconds).
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:28 AM 05-10-2023
Yeah, it just looks like a tame prowler, but I loved the Zambi back in the day. The Timberwolf was too rickety, and the Orient Express, although fun, bounced your head back and forth off the restraints. Love the Patriot, the Prowler seems to be getting to be a rougher ride to where I think the ride operators are like, lets speed this up I wanna grab some lunch. I'll ride this one, but it'll be like a Spinning Dragons for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:53 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah, it just looks like a tame prowler, but I loved the Zambi back in the day. The Timberwolf was too rickety, and the Orient Express, although fun, bounced your head back and forth off the restraints. Love the Patriot, the Prowler seems to be getting to be a rougher ride to where I think the ride operators are like, lets speed this up I wanna grab some lunch. I'll ride this one, but it'll be like a Spinning Dragons for me.
I haven't been to Worlds of Fun since the mid-80s. I don't remember the head bouncing thing, either because it wasn't so bad when the coaster was new or it just didn't bother me because I was young.
[Reply]
redfan 11:10 AM 05-10-2023
Ride a roller coaster in your 50s, it's great fun!

p.s.
It isn't
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 01:19 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Outlaw run SDC is pretty good.

I think SDC is miles ahead of WOF. Their new time machine coaster is absolutely insane, spinning while going over loops upside down is intense. Wildfire is a great coaster, Outlaw run is the most fun I've had on a wooden roller coaster and Powder Keg is unlike anything WOF has with the 0-55 in 2.8 seconds. Thunderation is also a fun little coaster that seems similar to the Zinger. Plus the kids stuff is great.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:08 PM 05-10-2023
I absolutely hate spinning rides. But once after having like 12 margaritas at the adult pool at Oceans of Fun i had enough liquid courage to board the Zulu.

I barely made it to the bathroom before i puked my guts out. Never again will i ride a spinning ride.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 02:08 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I went to Worlds of Fun during the summer between my junior and senior years of high school a couple of years after Orient Express opened. We were there early on a weekday, and for about 45 minutes or so there was almost no line. We'd ride the coaster, then run back and do it again. I think we rode it about 10 times in a row. That was great fun.
One of my favorite memories as a kid was going to Worlds of Fun. The trick is, you have to go on a weekday when it's raining in the morning. We would hang out and wait until the rain stopped, which was usually done around 9:00-10:00AM. Then the park would be basically empty and you could ride whatever you want, all afternoon, over and over.

So. Much. Fun.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:26 PM 05-10-2023
I used to love roller coasters and high adrenaline activities.

I think something changed in my inner ear or something because the last time I took my kids to a theme park, I got motion sick on very basic rides that went in circles. I did ok on the big coasters at Silver Dollar City but my days of that shit are lessening in interest.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I absolutely hate spinning rides. But once after having like 12 margaritas at the adult pool at Oceans of Fun i had enough liquid courage to board the Zulu.

I barely made it to the bathroom before i puked my guts out. Never again will i ride a spinning ride.
I'll take on the baddest rides at Six Flags. I'll bungie jump over the theme park and ride a rollercoaster that barely holds me in the seat.

But you can keep that motherfucking Tea Cup shit to yourselves. Will not. No way. No how. And i don't care if your 3 y/o can ride it. Im not fucking riding the Tea Cups.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:44 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
One of my favorite memories as a kid was going to Worlds of Fun. The trick is, you have to go on a weekday when it's raining in the morning. We would hang out and wait until the rain stopped, which was usually done around 9:00-10:00AM. Then the park would be basically empty and you could ride whatever you want, all afternoon, over and over.

So. Much. Fun.
A couple of my cousins lived in Fenton, not far from Six Flags. Most weekdays during the summer, my aunt and some other parents would take turns driving them and their friends to the park, drop them off in the morning and pick them up after work. So they basically got to go to Six Flags dozens of times a season for several years, on weekdays when the place was basically wide open. They were given enough money to eat lunch, and apparently it was cheaper doing that, coupled with season passes, than hiring a sitter or worrying about them causing trouble at home when they were older. Growing up in Jefferson City, I generally got to go to either Worlds of Fun, Six Flags or Silver Dollar City once every other year or so, and usually on a weekend when they were mobbed.

When I'd see them at Christmas, my cousins would bitch about getting bored going to Six Flags so much. God I fucking hated them. :-)
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 02:50 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
A couple of my cousins lived in Fenton, not far from Six Flags. Most weekdays during the summer, my aunt and some other parents would take turns driving them and their friends to the park, drop them off in the morning and pick them up after work. So they basically got to go to Six Flags dozens of times a season for several years, on weekdays when the place was basically wide open. They were given enough money to eat lunch, and apparently it was cheaper doing that, coupled with season passes, than hiring a sitter or worrying about them causing trouble at home when they were older. Growing up in Jefferson City, I generally got to go to either Worlds of Fun, Six Flags or Silver Dollar City once every other year or so, and usually on a weekend when they were mobbed.

When I'd see them at Christmas, my cousins would bitch about getting bored going to Six Flags so much. God I fucking hated them. :-)
That's actually pretty smart. Reminds me of those old couples who spend all their time on cruise ships. They are often cheaper than retirement communities anymore.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:52 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
That's actually pretty smart. Reminds me of those old couples who spend all their time on cruise ships. They are often cheaper than retirement communities anymore.
With far better treatment, food and accommodations, too. Nursing homes are perversely expensive and from what I've seen, generally awful places.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up