ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 79
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

That's my guess. Somebody is already on their way to KC, so to speak.
I’m going with Reiff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So-

who's in cap hell with a really good but expensive LT in their mid twenties? That's probably our guy. It's a Frank Clark redux.
I mentioned it a few posts ago - I think this is the most likely scenario (that we'd trade with a team that needs to unload a contract on a young guy). I just don't know who those guys are.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:58 AM 03-11-2021
Kinda figured they needed a new plan for both tackles this season. But i expected Schwartz to retire and Fisher to return for another season.

Hella shocked, i gotta say.

But in Veach we trust.

Thanks to both Schwartz and Fisher. Thanks for the memories and thanks for the SB ring. Best of luck to 'em.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:58 AM 03-11-2021
I hope they have an arrangement with Fish to let him heal, then bring him back onboard at a lesser price. Maybe move him to RT or to a guard. It sucks that he got hurt in the 4th Quarter of the AFC Championship game, then boom 3 months later he's out of football. That's how fast it can happen, and why a lot of these guys want a big signing bonus up front.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I mentioned it a few posts ago - I think this is the most likely scenario (that we'd trade with a team that needs to unload a contract on a young guy). I just don't know who those guys are.
Who will the Chiefs cut to get under the cap for a new tackle? You are still $3 million over.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m going with Reiff.
I don't think they cut both tackles only to take a chance on being the team to sign a LT in FA. I think a trade is already in place.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
In one season we went from a good pair of starters to a void. It's amazing what injuries can do.

I kind of want to see Eric Fisher's final play again. A one-second twist of the leg cost us a Super Bowl win and changed the course of his career.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
It very well could be Orlando Brown Jr.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
hahaha yes! Perfect!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I guaran-damn-tee you that Veach did not just cut Fisher and Schwartz to roll with Remmers at either OT spot.
10,000,000%

Remmers doesn't belong in the NFL.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:59 AM 03-11-2021
Good. We need the money and not the uncertainty.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:00 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I hope they have an arrangement with Fish to let him heal, then bring him back onboard at a lesser price. Maybe move him to RT or to a guard. It sucks that he got hurt in the 4th Quarter of the AFC Championship game, then boom 3 months later he's out of football. That's how fast it can happen, and why a lot of these guys want a big signing bonus up front.
Dude... He gone..
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I don't think they cut both tackles only to take a chance on being the team to sign a LT in FA. I think a trade is already in place.
Reiff was cut. Which means we can sign him now and he doesn’t count against comp picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 03-11-2021
I can't imagine that's the plan - they could have kept him and get more cap money back I think. He's probably done as a Chief.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:02 AM 03-11-2021
Unless this was agreed to prior to releasing him not a chance.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 79
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up