ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Prepare for Drama... MO Gov. Parsons commutes sentence for Britt Reid
Dante84 04:13 PM 03-01-2024
Yikes.

JUST IN: Britt Reid was sentenced to three years in prison after he was convicted in a DUI crash that severely injured five-year-old Ariel Young.

That sentence has been commuted.

STORY >>> https://t.co/1LL9DNMCfS pic.twitter.com/4MUQ26MZf4

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:51 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
i saw this type of shit a lot when I was locked up... Not to this degree but personally, I'm not too surprised at all.
Did you? Typically here in Missouri I've seen them be very harsh on DUI guys. Seen guys who's only trouble in life have been 3 or 4 non-accident duis get slammed by the parole board because MADD had a random rep in the hearing.

MADD must be out of pocket lining money.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 09:55 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
That's interesting that the commutations today were for crimes committed in the last 5 years - doesn't seem like much of a backlog
Commutations and pardons aren't the same thing.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:02 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
He really didn't get much of a deal. He would've been paroled soon anyway and now he has to do the rest of his sentence on house arrest, which a normal parolee would not have to do.
And considering I looked him up on doc offender search recently and he was already in Maryville, which is a go home in six months treatment camp, he was definitely getting out without house arrest before summer.

Side note, before that he was in Tipton, which is pretty cushy. In 2015 it was super boring, and i remember it being so non violent you could read a book outside and actually pay attention to it. And lots of shady trees on the yard, which was nice. However, right before I was released from doc custody in 2019(from a different camp) rumor was Family Values were getting most of their low level young idiot goons sent there and ran the SSGs off, so it's probably not so peaceful now. Hopefully those kids(although I'm not a fan of "prison gangs") made his life hell before he went to treatment.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:06 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Commutations and pardons aren't the same thing.
Yes we have previously discussed this in the thread :-) - Gov. Parsons has had to date 701 pardons and 24 commutations.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:09 PM 03-01-2024
He did roughly half his time. I'm surprised he wasn't already being set up for early release without this deal. This deal seems like it'd actually complicate his life even more than just getting out early as usual as now he apparently has to do the rest of the time under house arrest instead of just under a paper.

It sounds cringe, but you could argue this is worse for him than what's normally considered as business as usual.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 10:10 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Yes we have previously discussed this in the thread :-) - Gov. Parsons has had to date 701 pardons and 24 commutations.
Not sure what point you're trying to make. I know the system very well and it is in no way routine for a guy in DOC on a 3 year DWI sentence to have his case reviewed by the governor for commutation, let alone succeed.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:45 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Not sure what point you're trying to make. I know the system very well and it is in no way routine for a guy in DOC on a 3 year DWI sentence to have his case reviewed by the governor for commutation, let alone succeed.
Hey guess what - MEEEE TOOO! I can tell you how many people the Governor of Colorado has Pardoned/Commuted sentences for last year 23 and the year before 24 and he announced them in December. Parsons does this on a monthly basis so I'd say it's pretty routine for his office. Now what I think you are trying to say is that its not common to get a commutation and I'd agree but the fact that he reviews requests for pardons and commutations (or rather his office does) on a monthly basis makes it pretty darn regular.

I'd also argue that it's not "common" for drug addict in possession of enough drugs (not marijuana) to warrant Distribution charges gets commuted either soooooooo
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Yikes not a good look here.
I don't care about the look. I care that it is the wrong thing to do. Clark and Andy should be ashamed. Im sure they had a part in sweeting the deal for the governor even if it was by just association.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 11:14 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Hey guess what - MEEEE TOOO! I can tell you how many people the Governor of Colorado has Pardoned/Commuted sentences for last year 23 and the year before 24 and he announced them in December. Parsons does this on a monthly basis so I'd say it's pretty routine for his office. Now what I think you are trying to say is that its not common to get a commutation and I'd agree but the fact that he reviews requests for pardons and commutations (or rather his office does) on a monthly basis makes it pretty darn regular.


I'd also argue that it's not "common" for drug addict in possession of enough drugs (not marijuana) to warrant Distribution charges gets commuted either soooooooo
No, I'm actually saying it's rare for an active DOC inmate to even have their case reviewed for commutation. Routine is going before the Board for your parole hearing that is scheduled by a formula depending on your charge, prior incarcerations, etc.
[Reply]
Bump 11:57 PM 03-01-2024
sons of prominent, famous men can usually get away with anything in this country.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:22 AM 03-02-2024

According to family members, since the drunk driving accident, Ariel Young drags her right foot when she walks, has trouble keeping her balance, has to wear glasses, and becomes nauseated during car rides. She also has to take special education classes: https://t.co/znJO62reF4 pic.twitter.com/EiMmeYgKvV

— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 2, 2024

[Reply]
DenverChief 12:29 AM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
No, I'm actually saying it's rare for an active DOC inmate to even have their case reviewed for commutation. Routine is going before the Board for your parole hearing that is scheduled by a formula depending on your charge, prior incarcerations, etc.
Agreed. But somehow Britt managed with a dope chick 8 years into a 16 year sentence and a wife beating, no license driving, financial fraudster, pot head just starting his supervised parole/probation after being released from DOC.

Strange.
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:31 AM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Originally Posted by :
Over the last several months, representatives of the Kansas City Chiefs, Ariel Young and Arielís family have worked together, alongside medical experts, to develop a plan to take care of Ariel ó both now, and for the rest of her life.

The Chiefs and Arielís attorney, Tom Porto, announce today that the parties have finalized a comprehensive care plan that provides Ariel with world-class medical care and long-term financial stability.

Arielís recovery is a long road, but she has made great strides and continues to improve every day. Earlier this fall, she attended her first day of school.Ē
https://www.aol.com/chiefs-agree-com...%20every%20day.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 12:37 AM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Agreed. But somehow Britt managed with a dope chick 8 years into a 16 year sentence and a wife beating, no license driving, financial fraudster, pot head just starting his supervised parole/probation after being released from DOC.

Strange.
It would be interesting to know the backstory on the other two. Probably some kind of extenuating circumstances or have some kind of connections.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:33 AM 03-02-2024
I feel more concerned about those doing longer time, because they knew someone
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up