ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Prepare for Drama... MO Gov. Parsons commutes sentence for Britt Reid
Dante84 04:13 PM 03-01-2024
Yikes.

JUST IN: Britt Reid was sentenced to three years in prison after he was convicted in a DUI crash that severely injured five-year-old Ariel Young.

That sentence has been commuted.

STORY >>> https://t.co/1LL9DNMCfS pic.twitter.com/4MUQ26MZf4

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
gblowfish 05:54 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I meanÖIím all for punishment but keeping him and others like him in prison is just taking up space and tax payer dollars. I think prison should be more about violent offenders.
Did you see the pictures of the victim family's car? The collision was extremely violent.
[Reply]
-King- 06:01 PM 03-01-2024
I don't know shit about breaking laws (other than speeding and dumb shit like that) but do priors not apply if they were done in other states?


Also, I'm pretty sure Andy was pushing for this, but I really fucking hope he doesn't let him come back to work for the Chiefs in any role. Not even as a ball boy.
[Reply]
-King- 06:03 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I meanÖIím all for punishment but keeping him and others like him in prison is just taking up space and tax payer dollars. I think prison should be more about violent offenders, there are other ways to punish without prison that are more productive for society as a whole. He could be sentenced to 1000ís of hours of service etc. I just donít think prison is the right answer. Now, jail is another thing. In CO you can only sentence up to two years in jail - probably the same in MO - but prison typically does not rehab people it makes them worse.
What if he has a prior history of being a fuckup when it comes to drugs, guns, alcohol, and now near vehicular manslaughter?
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:06 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Did you see the pictures of the victim family's car? The collision was extremely violent.
Not the same thing as murder, rape, and child diddling.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:08 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
What if he has a prior history of being a ****up when it comes to drugs, guns, alcohol, and now near vehicular manslaughter?
Yeah at some point if you canít prove to be a productive member of society - society has no choice but to give up and remove you from the general population. Where that line is Iím not sure and Iím not super familiar with his past history to make a judgment call.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:10 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be pedantic, it's more like served 1.5 years and now house arrest for 1.5 years (sentenced to 3 years in November 2022). But yes, you've got the gist correct.

I assume it might have included time served, so from the moment it happened.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:14 PM 03-01-2024
Parsons is an asshat. Fuck both of them
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:14 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't know shit about breaking laws (other than speeding and dumb shit like that) but do priors not apply if they were done in other states?


Also, I'm pretty sure Andy was pushing for this, but I really ****ing hope he doesn't let him come back to work for the Chiefs in any role. Not even as a ball boy.
In sentencing criminal history is always included as aggravating factors.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 06:15 PM 03-01-2024
He really didn't get much of a deal. He would've been paroled soon anyway and now he has to do the rest of his sentence on house arrest, which a normal parolee would not have to do.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:17 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
He really didn't get much of a deal. He would've been paroled soon anyway and now he has to do the rest of his sentence on house arrest, which a normal parolee would not have to do.
That's actually a really good point. It seems like most people in prison get out early if they're not an idiot in prison.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:22 PM 03-01-2024
Parsons is a piece of shit
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:22 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I mean…I’m all for punishment but keeping him and others like him in prison is just taking up space and tax payer dollars. I think prison should be more about violent offenders, there are other ways to punish without prison that are more productive for society as a whole. He could be sentenced to 1000’s of hours of service etc. I just don’t think prison is the right answer. Now, jail is another thing. In CO you can only sentence up to two years in jail - probably the same in MO - but prison typically does not rehab people it makes them worse.
Are you forgetting that he's already been in prison before for driving related offenses including DUI and flashing a gun at someone in a road rage case? Both separate cases.

This dude is a lifetime loser.

Gov. Parsons can go eat AIDS.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:23 PM 03-01-2024
Bad look but genius timing, starting with the late Friday news release. This will run its course through the news cycle and be completely forgotten about by the start of the next season. I imagine Britt will be keeping a low profile going forward.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:26 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Are you forgetting that he's already been in prison before for driving related offenses including DUI and flashing a gun at someone in a road rage case? Both separate cases.

This dude is a lifetime loser.

Gov. Parsons can go eat AIDS.
Forgetting? No. Just unaware of any history.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:33 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by phisherman:
My great great grandfather got a 3 year hitch for assault with intent to kill in 1889 in Steelville, MO. The story in the Crawford County newspapers said he was drunk when he did it and warned readers about the downside of consuming alcohol. He served 18 months and the governor commuted his sentence.

Granted, it was roughly 150 years ago but that man had no connections, money or anything. Lots of prisoners don't serve their full sentence.
For that matter, the list of commutations in the article has about 30 people on it, so it's not JUST political connections in play here.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up