ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
Eleazar 11:38 AM 03-01-2024
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?
Could be a lot of things, I don't think Lincoln Riley is a QB whisperer so he just let Caleb do Caleb things.

Also he apparently said the teams he visits will get his medicals, so this is much a do about nothing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:39 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Caleb needs to be coached out of thinking he can do anything at anytime, he will literally not take designed easy throws for 1st downs because he wants to go long.
I think his biggest problem is wearing his hate on his sleeve, Mahomes does a great job of being the nice guy saying all the right things but you know he pumps himself full of I'll show them. If Caleb gets the right coach it will make a world of difference, Shane Waldron might be the calming force if he goes to the Bears which I think is a no brainer. I'm just puzzled as to why the Bears kept Eberflus.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:41 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It has nothing to do with Mahomes.

Caleb is coming across like one of the most entitled little child in NFL history.
What's more creepy is the white knights riding in to his rescue. Now that is creepy...
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I think his biggest problem is wearing his hate on his sleeve, Mahomes does a great job of being the nice guy saying all the right things but you know he pumps himself full of I'll show them. If Caleb gets the right coach it will make a world of difference, Shane Waldron might be the calming force if he goes to the Bears which I think is a no brainer. I'm just puzzled as to why the Bears kept Eberflus.
The Eberflus shit makes no sense, I guess they somehow think the fact that they finished the year ok and the defense got better means if Caleb is good they're a playoff team?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:44 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
:-). I didnít now that Deion story.
You didn't then it either
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:45 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
fuck all those pieces of shit
This post made me laugh. I don’t get it though. None of those dudes bother me, especially given the fact that our guy is better than any of them.

Originally Posted by Woogieman:
"raging hate boners"?? That's a bit overwrought, isn't it?
Idk. We’ve had multiple threads about this dude and the comments are all extremely negative. It’s weird that people here care so much.

His school didn’t play Kansas or Mizzou much and he isn’t even likely to play in the Chiefs’ conference at this rate. He is irrelevant.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:45 AM 03-01-2024
I guess if you're the Bears, you might feel that Fields' limitations as a passer are the team's primary problem and that Williams should develop into an elite passer. On the surface level it makes sense irrespective of the staff.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:45 AM 03-01-2024
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldnít even talk to teams that didnít have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. Heís gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB itís the Bears
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:46 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Eberflus shit makes no sense, I guess they somehow think the fact that they finished the year ok and the defense got better means if Caleb is good they're a playoff team?
Not a good organization.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:55 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldnít even talk to teams that didnít have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. Heís gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB itís the Bears
And Deion went 6th overall. Talking like that to a team with the 18th pick.

I wasnít alive at the time to know if he was a projected #1 overall but I doubt it in such a stacked draft.

Thatís insane confidence.. or maybe he had conversations with teams that led him to believe there was absolutely no way heíd fall beyond a certain pick.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:09 PM 03-01-2024
CP hates confident black men
[Reply]
notorious 12:12 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldnít even talk to teams that didnít have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. Heís gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB itís the Bears
Whoa, cornerback is a hell of a lot different than QB.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 12:15 PM 03-01-2024
Daniels is now my QB1. Anyone who drafts Caleb ahead of this guy will be at risk of losing their job.
[Reply]
seamonster 12:34 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?
CB has supreme accuracy , a cannon arm and high-level pocket escapability (lateral quickness). I watched him when he played in high-school and he was pretty ****ing good. But he's not even close to being a complete NFL QB. He's always played in dumbed down systems. He'll be starting from day one in a pass-happy offense with out a 1k rusher and the o-line is medicore. If he could sit behind a solid vet and if the team had guard-rails ("culture") he could get away with his heavyduty punky bitch antics but that's not happening. I think he'll be a better QB than fields long term if (big if) the coordinator can adjust his scheme and the players can deal with hero-ball 20 yard sacks.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up