ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 10:28 AM 02-29-2024
I would trade Sneed to Atlanta for Pitts and/or pick 43.

������������: The #Chiefs are “preparing for life” without star CB L’Jarius Sneed, per @TonyPauline

“The overwhelming feeling is the Chiefs expect to be playing without Sneed in 2024 and rather than lose him in free agency and then receive a compensation pick in the 2025 NFL… pic.twitter.com/8GcPoFZWC1

— JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) February 29, 2024

[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:42 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
How crazy is it that Washington traded Champ Bailey + a 2nd round pick to Denver for Clinton Portis 20 years ago.

The only RB in today’s NFL that you’d even consider trading a shutdown CB like Sneed for in a similar trade is Christian McCaffrey.
No RB is worth trading for these days. Maybe a 7th.
[Reply]
notorious 10:52 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Maybe I'm just imagining things

Football gods, please send us a really stupid front office trade like this. PLEASE!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:54 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Football gods, please send us a really stupid front office trade like this. PLEASE!
Part of me wants some ridiculous haul for Sneed, because it would be huge in keeping the team elite.

Part of me REALLY wants a ridiculous haul, just so I can read reactions from fans of other teams.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:55 AM 02-29-2024
Someone call the Vikings
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:56 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
i wouldn't be surprised etiher. Theres been some two firsts talk "like Ramsey". I love sneed and would keep him. However my homer glasses arent thick enough to make me think hes getting a Ramsey haul. Just prepping this board for the next round of post Peters trade fall out. Dumbass. :-)
I’m expecting something the equivalent of a mid second round pick.

Either a pick around 45-55. Or a combination of picks to equal that.

Maybe an exchange of first round picks and mid rounder.

Something in that ballpark. Anything more, and I’ll be ecstatic.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:59 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I think that's probably close but I doubt anyone exchanges firsts with us unless they're picking two or three spots ahead. I seriously doubt he gets us into the top 20.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:00 AM 02-29-2024
What contender is a DB away?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:02 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I think that's probably close but I doubt anyone exchanges firsts with us unless they're picking two or three spots ahead. I seriously doubt he gets us into the top 20.
I have a hard time seeing anyone but a contender being interested in Sneed at his price tag and age, so it’d almost have to be a team that was in the playoffs. Which means, we wouldn’t go any higher in the first than 20-ish.

Maybe something like a swap with Houston of first round picks (23 for 32) plus pick 59.

Draft Tek has that as a gain of 470 points, which is the equivalent of pick 43.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:02 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
What contender is a DB away?
I don’t think a single DB changes things THAT much, but plenty of teams need defensive help.
[Reply]
notorious 11:05 AM 02-29-2024
Part of me wants some ridiculous haul for Sneed, because it would be huge in keeping the team elite.

Part of me REALLY wants a ridiculous haul, just so I can read reactions from fans of other teams.
All of me wants to prison rape another team in a trade.

All. Of. Me.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:11 AM 02-29-2024

I think I want a first swap more depending on the swap. But we’re never high in the first anymore. Getting in the late teens to 20s could net us something nice.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:27 PM 02-29-2024
Just getting a head of Buffalo to watch TBD meltdown before the draft would be nice
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 02-29-2024
Say the Falcons would give you their 2nd....you then could turn around and send that to the Eagles for Aj Brown.

Anyone interested in that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:33 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Say the Falcons would give you their 2nd....you then could turn around and send that to the Eagles for Aj Brown.

Anyone interested in that?
Why would the Eagles do that?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up