ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 28
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:18 PM 02-28-2024
^^^ if that doesn’t melt your heart, there’s nothing I can do for you….
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:53 PM 02-28-2024
Is he worth a 1st? ...I've been thinking a 2nd for sure, but he had a pretty immaculate year this last season.
[Reply]
notorious 05:54 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
^^^ if that doesn’t melt your heart, there’s nothing I can do for you….
Yep. I'm big teddy bear after seeing that.
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:54 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Is he worth a 1st? ...I've been thinking a 2nd for sure, but he had a pretty immaculate year this last season.
So I thought when you tag a player the compensation in a trade scenario has to be at a minimum a 1st
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:55 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep. I'm big teddy bear after seeing that.
I’m just a big teddy bear anyway
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:23 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Some people don't read mega threads:-)
It's not a megathread when it was started yesterday and is focused on the team's tagging Sneed.
[Reply]
Bump 06:28 PM 02-28-2024
As much as I want to keep Sneed, it would probably make sense if they can trade him for a 1st because we are just a DB factory and every DB we touch turns to gold.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:32 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
As much as I want to keep Sneed, it would probably make sense if they can trade him for a 1st because we are just a DB factory and every DB we touch turns to gold.
Yes, but they're unlikely to get a first back for him.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:33 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's not a megathread when it was started yesterday and is focused on the team's tagging Sneed.
I disagree. A thread with over 10 pages that doesn’t say “X” happened but “X may happen” is a megathread. My time is valuable, I prefer to come to CP and find the thread with the title “X happened” and read the article/tweet and be informed instead of clicking page by page to see if anything new has happened since the thread “x may happen” was started.

It’s like a news paper printing the same paper everyday with updates and commentary to the main page article on pages 1-30. It’s dumb. I mean, more power to the MT lovers but I prefer to keep my thread scrolling time to a minimum especially at work. I suppose I could just skip CP all together and google “KC chiefs news” that might actually save me some brain cells at some point. :-)

I also assume there are others like me that like to jump in read the news and dip out. So it’s really a PSA.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:44 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Going to be honest. I think Sneed definitely has the "system guy" label much like all the great Patriot players had over the years. Guys like Trey Flowers, Kyle Van Noy, etc. did absolutely nothing on other teams. With the incredible numbers Sneed put up there is no other justification to not get a first for him.

His market is definately better than Marcus Peters but not significantly better.
[Reply]
chop 06:48 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I disagree. A thread with over 10 pages that doesn’t say “X” happened but “X may happen” is a megathread. My time is valuable, I prefer to come to CP and find the thread with the title “X happened” and read the article/tweet and be informed instead of clicking page by page to see if anything new has happened sine the thread “x may happen” was started.

It’s like a news paper printing the same paper everyday with updates and commentary to the main page article on pages 1-30. It’s dumb. I mean more power to the MT lovers but I prefer to keep my thread scrolling time to a minimum especially at work. I suppose I could just skip CP all together and google “KC chiefs news” that might actually save me some brain cells at some point. :-)

I also assume there are others like me that like to jump in read the news and dip out. So it’s really a PSA.
Not the mention having to read through multiple pages of two or three guys in a spat just trying to se if there are any actually updates.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:51 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Going to be honest. I think Sneed definitely has the "system guy" label much like all the great Patriot players had over the years. Guys like Trey Flowers, Kyle Van Noy, etc. did absolutely nothing on other teams. With the incredible numbers Sneed put up there is no other justification to not get a first for him.

His market is definately better than Marcus Peters but not significantly better.
Funny I had no idea I thought it was just a first round pick.

Originally Posted by :
Non-exclusive tags allow a player to negotiate with other teams. If a player on a non-exclusive tag agrees to a deal with a new team, the original team can match it or refuse and be awarded two first-round picks as compensation. The salary on a non-exclusive tag is determined by the average of the top five salaries at the player’s position from the previous five years applied to the current salary cap, or for 120 percent of the player’s previous salary, whichever number is higher.
https://theathletic.com/4219776/2024...es-definition/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:59 PM 02-28-2024
Too fat/ Omaha
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:48 PM 02-28-2024
This is the way. Trade sneed. Resign jones. Reload in the draft with all that draft capital. If we hit on the picks we could get from a sneed trade, we could be a patriots level dynasty. Too much?
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:19 AM 02-29-2024
A sneed’s a fine something that all people need
[Reply]
Page 2 of 28
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up