ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History
SHOWTIME 09:53 AM 02-22-2024
Only 5 behind Belichick, who is currently unemployed and won't win a playoff game anytime soon.

Big Red now ranks 2nd in NFL history for total playoff wins among head coaches‼️ pic.twitter.com/TR7Bgn6whO

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
New World Order 02:40 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
McNabb was a top 5 statistical qb. 3rd in yards, 4th in tds. Throwing to turds like Stinkston and Trash while Andy refused to run the ball. He also had Jim Johnsons ridiculous defense at his back.

Just stop.

Andy Reid continued his post season failures with the quarterback HE CHOSE and we traded two 2nds for.

He had the gigabytes. Just not enough to hold leads of 28, and 18 points for two quarters, or to outscore a team at Arrowhead who couldn't manage to score a touchdown.

Hey, he did spank Bill o Brien and Brian Hoyer 30-0 though. So not wholly incompetent

Andy was mediocre at best in the post season, with sideline gaffes ranging from baffling to hilarious before Mahomes.
So you're arguing Andy is a mediocre coach?

This is crazy.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:41 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
11-13 without Mahomes. 0-1 superbowl.

15-3 with Mahomes. 3-1 in Superbowl.

That's one helluva lopsided comparison. The Stans would have you believe that it was just simply Andy Reid finally blossoming into an unstoppable offensive coaching juggernaut after two decades of floundering in post season shortcomings.

Anyone with a moving brain cell can see that #15 is the direct cause of such a massive and explosive turn in post season fortunes.

15-3. Lmao.
How many championships did:

Lombardi win without Starr?
Noll win without Bradshaw?
Walsh without Montana?
Jimmy Johnson without Aikman?
Bill without Brady?
[Reply]
seamonster 02:52 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Oh boy! One scoring drive against Jacksonville!!

What's your point here?

We've seen Andy get points with Alex Smith. 28 point lead, 18 point lead, what happened then? Shhhhhhh. It's too sad to talk about.

Get us some Gifs of Big Red taking the walk of shame across the field with the score graphics up, losing both of those games by 1 after having commanding leads.

Oh, make sure you add your little WITHOUT MAHOMES! to those as well.

Is there any coach in playoff history that's blown leads that big TWICE? Spoiler alert: No.

Hes also the only coach I'm aware of that had to be verbally assaulted by a player and knocked off balance to get his best skill position player involved in the biggest game of his coaching career. Oh the estrogen was flowing here after that. Mr Wizard nearly went full Florio.

Perhaps the reason Big Red goes down 2 scores so often is that it's easier to call the game from behind than to call the game with the lead.

Our offensive production certainly goes down the toilet with a lead, as Andy turtles up despite having the best arm in the universe at his disposal, while going down 10-17 points seems to ignite the engines and the offense comes roaring back.

I guess it's easier for the "true fans" to cherry pick the good, and completely disregard the hilarious to tragi-comic playoff performances that resulted in him needing over 2 decades as a head coach to win that first title.

Revisionists writing up narratives saying Andy had nothing on those Philly teams, he was just a miracle worker, lmao.

Donovan McNabb was a top 5 statistical passer during the Philly run of nfccg losses and superbowl loss. 3rd in total yards, 4th in total td.

Andy borderline refused to run the football. So McNabb was throwing the majority of the time to mostly scrub wrs until TO arrived.

But Andy "carried" McNabb. Lol. Sure.

I can't imagine why objective views of this man's career are so reviled. Does it really affect you personally to see sub par performances, poor statistics, and terrible records? It shouldn't.

Point out fun facts that Andy choked more playoff games that he was favored to win than any other coach in history, feathers get ruffled. Why? It happened.

Many here take anything but glowing praise of Andy Reid as a personal attack on them. It's so ****ing weird.
And what happened to Donavan when he left Reid's system? Did he put up those big numbers or was he benched by Kyle Shannahan for being fat, lazy and arrogant?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:55 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Iirc, Andy Reid after seeing Mahomes tape said "That's Brett Favre."

We don't have Mahomes if we don't have Andy.

Can you imagine hiring some Jeff Fisher type jackass? And staying put in 2017 to draft Reuben Foster?

But hey Iíll bet that guy would know when to use his timeouts!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:48 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So you're arguing Andy is a mediocre coach?

This is crazy.
Oh that reading comprehension.

Mediocre POST SEASON coach, prior to starting Patrick Mahomes.

11-13 pre Mahomes playoff record is mediocre.

I'd love to hear any other adjective you would prefer to describe 11-13.

Say something funny. Put a positive spin on it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:58 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How many championships did:

Lombardi win without Starr?
Noll win without Bradshaw?
Walsh without Montana?
Jimmy Johnson without Aikman?
Bill without Brady?
You keep asking, I keep not answering.

The point, that apparently easily eludes you, is that I believe Mahomes is more responsible for the 15-3 record compared to the 11-13 record Andy had previously.

With your asinine list you appear to be making the statement that Donovan McNabb simply was not good enough to give Andy an adequate chance, despite being a top 5 passer, 3rd in yards, 4th in tds, and despite being favored to win all of those nfc title games but the one in 2001.

So apparently you know more than the odds makers at the time about the team Andy was leading.

They were good enough to run roughshod over the NFC east, get to the title game and be favored, but expecting him to deliver, well that's just a bridge too far.

How could he possibly manage the clock and balance his run and pass while turning water into wine, raising the dead and restoring sight to the blind? How many miracles does Andy have to work?

He had ferocious championship caliber Eagles teams.

He choked.

Repeatedly.

Hes had down to the wire wins with the best qb on the planet, McNabb never stood a chance in hell. Andy has football Jesus and the offensive struggles in those games are bad.

How many titles your list won without who is irrelevant.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:51 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Oh that reading comprehension.

Mediocre POST SEASON coach, prior to starting Patrick Mahomes.

11-13 pre Mahomes playoff record is mediocre.

I'd love to hear any other adjective you would prefer to describe 11-13.

Say something funny. Put a positive spin on it.
Nobody who appears in 4 conference championship games and a SB is a "mediocre" playoff coach
[Reply]
RunKC 12:15 AM 02-29-2024
Without Elway, Shannahan is worse than pre-Mahomes Andy.
Without Brady, Belichick is worse than pre-Mahomes Andy.
Without Big Ben, Tomlin is worse than pre-Mahomes Andy.
Without Peyton, Dungy is worse than pre-Mahomes Andy.
Without Big Ben, Cowher is worse than pre-Mahomes Andy.

QB is critical and McNabb was never and will never be a HOF talent. Andy found his guy and went after him, so he deserved credit.

We saw what some of the most revered coaches looked like without their HOF QBís. It was less than what Andy did in Philly.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:00 AM 02-29-2024
You're all alone on this one, Wallcrawler

Cue Principal Skinner meme
[Reply]
tredadda 08:26 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You keep asking, I keep not answering.

The point, that apparently easily eludes you, is that I believe Mahomes is more responsible for the 15-3 record compared to the 11-13 record Andy had previously.

With your asinine list you appear to be making the statement that Donovan McNabb simply was not good enough to give Andy an adequate chance, despite being a top 5 passer, 3rd in yards, 4th in tds, and despite being favored to win all of those nfc title games but the one in 2001.

So apparently you know more than the odds makers at the time about the team Andy was leading.

They were good enough to run roughshod over the NFC east, get to the title game and be favored, but expecting him to deliver, well that's just a bridge too far.

How could he possibly manage the clock and balance his run and pass while turning water into wine, raising the dead and restoring sight to the blind? How many miracles does Andy have to work?

He had ferocious championship caliber Eagles teams.

He choked.

Repeatedly.

Hes had down to the wire wins with the best qb on the planet, McNabb never stood a chance in hell. Andy has football Jesus and the offensive struggles in those games are bad.

How many titles your list won without who is irrelevant.
You kept evading the question because it was relevant. You continuously harp on Andy pre Mahomes and give all the credit to Mahomes vs Andy. I simply was asking how many of those coaches won without their HOF QB. They also benefited from the same thing Andy does.

You harp on McNabbís numbers as some sort of testament against Andy while failing to realize that he made McNabb look better than he probably was. The NFL is littered with QBs who put up great stats but fail to perform when the lights are brightest. Itís why some of the greatest QBs ever are recognized as such. They were clutch when needed. That is not a knock on any HC, it just is what it is.

Winning SBs takes more than just the QB. It takes an elite QB (most years) and an elite HC to make it happen. Winning multiple SBs is even harder and back to back is more difficult still. Itís just stunning how much you are willing to die on this hill. Andy is one of the greatest coaches of all time no matter how much you argue that heís not.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:09 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You kept evading the question because it was relevant. You continuously harp on Andy pre Mahomes and give all the credit to Mahomes vs Andy.

Because you act as if Andy just had nothing.

I guess going by your idiotic diatribe in regard to your cherry picked list, Doug Pederson must be the greatest coach alive, because he went on a superbowl run with Nick Foles, and since we absolve anyone without a HOF qb of any post season failures, Doug Pederson must be head coaching Jesus to go on that run and defeat Brady and Belichick without a HOF qb. I mean it should be impossible right?



. I simply was asking how many of those coaches won without their HOF QB. They also benefited from the same thing Andy does.

So....your contention is that they are far less impressive if they aren't carried on the field by their qb......essentially proving my ****ing point. So...thanks.

I don't know if you noticed, but I haven't been singing the praises of how legendary those coaches are, and ignoring their shortcomings.

Anything remotely neutral to negative posted about Big Red being where he is because of 15 are met with a hilariously rabid fervor.


You harp on McNabb’s numbers as some sort of testament against Andy while failing to realize that he made McNabb look better than he probably was.

Yes. Let's discuss how Andy made McNabb look better by ignoring the running game, being a one dimensional offense, while also providing the talent level of this year's Chiefs wr room. Stinkston, Trash, etc.

If the qb couldn't play, why did Andy take him? Why stick with him for 11 years? Ah. I forgot. You only remember the good things.



The NFL is littered with QBs who put up great stats but fail to perform when the lights are brightest. It’s why some of the greatest QBs ever are recognized as such. They were clutch when needed. That is not a knock on any HC, it just is what it is.

And yet....no changes made at qb in Philly. Seems like Andy had his guy. Was favored to win 4 of the 5 title games.

But he did all that with a qb that couldn't play.


Winning SBs takes more than just the QB. It takes an elite QB (most years) and an elite HC to make it happen. Winning multiple SBs is even harder and back to back is more difficult still. It’s just stunning how much you are willing to die on this hill. Andy is one of the greatest coaches of all time no matter how much you argue that he’s not.
Well he's got himself 3 rings now doesn't he.

An apt summation of Andy's career would be a nice animation of Andy standing outside the Hall of Fame with the doors closed to him, as he prattle on about how many regular season ganes he won, division titles, multiple title game trips, yet the doors remain closed.

Mahomes enters the screen, in uniform, flowing red cape, kicks the doors off the hinges and takes Andy by the hand and leads him into the Hall of Fame.

11-13. 0 titles. That's your boy's record. Many of those losses, favored to win.

15-3 with Superman. Ray Charles could see this. It's strange so many can't/won't.

It's fine to admit you got the best qb that ever lived, and he's the reason for your dynasty.

If Mahomes is kidnapped by aliens to play in the interstellar league week 16, do you think Big Red is taking the team to the superbowl and winning?

The reason anyone has faith in these games that start to get away from us, is because of Mahomes. It's never OH WE GOT ANDY! ANDY WILL COOK SOMETHING UP AND GET US OUT OF THIS!

It's 15. It's always been 15 from the jump, and will be until he's physically unable to perform at his level.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:43 AM 02-29-2024
This has devolved into a Monty Python "yes it is," "no it isn't" argument.
[Reply]
Blaker32 10:28 AM 02-29-2024
I think the more interesting question is who is a great head coach with post season success without a hall of fame QB? It's pretty much Joe Gibbs (17-7), Tom Caughlin (12-7), Bill Parcells, (11-8), John Harbaugh (12-10) who have at least 10 post season wins, a winning post season record, at least 1 Super Bowl victory, and no definitive Hall of Fame QB. Kyle Shanahan is 8-4 with two Super Bowl appearances and no hall of fame QB yet, Sean McVay is 7-4 with two Super Bowl appearances and win. Not sure where Stafford ends up yet. But that's pretty much the list.

There have been 58 Super Bowls and only 14 QBs have won that aren't either in the Hall of Fame or clearly going to be in at some point. Eli and Plunket won 2. The Coaches listed above account for 8 of those in Theismann, Simms, Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Eli, Flacco, and Stafford. One of the crazy things about that stat is that since the salary cap went into effect its happened 7 times including 3 in a row between 2011 and 2013 with Eli, Flacco, and Wilson.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:53 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
This has devolved into a Monty Python "yes it is," "no it isn't" argument.
Mahomes and Reid are a perfect combo. Just like Brady and Belichick.

Mahomes doesn't win three Super Bowls this soon without Reid. Reid wouldn't have three Super Bowls without Mahomes. In fact, there's a good chance Reid doesn't win any Super Bowls without Mahomes. Mahomes should get most of the credit but that doesn't mean Andy is overrated. Every coach looks better when he has an elite QB. That doesn't mean Mahomes would still have three SBs if his coach was someone besides Reid.

I'm not sure why this argument should be beaten to death. It's pretty simple.
[Reply]
philfree 11:22 AM 02-29-2024
Any good coach will tell you it's the players that win the games. Andy is no different. That doesn't mean the guys who win in the post season aern't good/great coaches. I imagine that most coaches wouldn't have ever given Brady a chance and most coaches would have tried to get Mahomes to play their scheme by the book and not have allowed him to be himself and play his game probably ruining him.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up