ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>"Nothing" Mock 2/22/24
kccrow 03:39 AM 02-22-2024
Let's say Veach gets a little... Veachy... this offseason. I'm kind of playing off a post in the lounge about him doing "nothing," but we know it won't quite be "nothing." It's just an exercise in pissing people off (perhaps) and doing the exact opposite of what everyone wants to see him do. And after running the exercise, I'd be pretty fucking happy if it went this way, to be honest.

Extensions
OC Creed Humphrey 5y/67.5m w/8.75m SB Cap hits: 3.5/9.5/12.5/13.5/14.5/15.8 (+1.75)

Releases
WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (-12.0)

Trades
Chiefs trade WR Kadarius Toney to anyone for a conditional 2025 7th-round pick (-2.53)
Chiefs tag and trade DT Chris Jones to the Houston Texans for pick 1-23 (because they must at least tag and trade one Jones or Sneed and Jones has more value).

Restructures
QB Patrick Mahomes convert 15.9m of roster bonus to signing bonus (-11.48), which is enough to have the space to tag Jones and still do some deals like tag ERFAs and sign a priority guy or two.

FA Re-Signings
LT Donovan Smith 1y/10.0m w/3.0m SB - Another year to prep Wanya
WR Mecole Hardman 3y/15.0m w/5.1m SB Cap Hits: 3.5/5.5/6.0 - Consistently good special teamer and slot WR
P Tommy Townsend 4y/12.4m w/4.0m SB Cap Hits: 2.3/3.1/3.3/3.7
LS James Winchester 3y/4.6m w/800k SB Cap Hits: 1.5/1.5/1.6
DT Isaiah Buggs 1y/1.3m (signed Reserve/Futures Deal already)
DE Malik Herring ERFA Tender
DB Nazeeh Johnson ERFA Tender
LB Jack Cochrane ERFA Tender
OG Mike Caliendo ERFA Tender
LB Cole Christiansen ERFA Tender

Chiefs let the rest walk, including Sneed.

FA Signings
DT Justin Jones (CHI) 2y/14.0m - Solid 3T until youth is ready
QB Carson Wentz (LAR) 1y/1.4m - Better backup QB
WR Van Jefferson (ATL) 1y/1.3m - Solid speed/size combo James replacement
TE Harrison Bryant (CLE) 1y/1.8m - Good blocker to replace Bell
DE Yetur Gross-Matos (CAR) 1y/2.5m - Good rotational end that would at least replace Omenihu until he's ready to go
LB Mack Wilson (NE) 1y/1.8m - Quality special teams LB and situational player

The Draft
1-023. DT Jer'Zahn Newton, Illinois - Jones replacement
1-032. CB Kamari Lassiter, Georgia - Sneed replacement
2-064. WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida - More speed and hands
3-095. LB Jaylan Ford, Texas - Tranquill replacement
4-133. DT DeWayne Carter, Duke - More pass rush from the UT
5-158. OT Sataoa Laumea, Utah - Future Thuney replacement
5-172. RB Emani Bailey, TCU - McKinnon replacement
7-250. SS Kenny Logan Jr, Kansas - Special teams headhunter

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Wentz
RB: I. Pacheco, L. Perine, E. Bailey
WR: R. Rice, R. Pearsall, M. Hardman, V. Jefferson, J. Watson, S. Moore
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, H. Bryant
LT: D. Smith, W. Morris
LG: J. Thuney, S. Laumea
OC: C. Humphrey, M. Caliendo
RG: T. Smith
RT: J. Taylor, L. Niang
DE: G. Karlaftis, M. Herring, C. Omenihu(*IR)
DT: J. Jones, J. Newton
NT: I. Buggs, D. Carter, N. Ferrell
DE: F. Anudike-Uzomah, Y. Gross-Matos, B. Thompson
LB: N. Bolton, L. Chenal, J. Ford, M. Wilson, C. Jones
CB: T. McDuffie, K. Lassiter, J. Williams, J. Watson, N. Jones
DB: J. Reid, B. Cook, C. Conner, N. Johnson, K. Logan
ST: H. Butker, T. Townsend, J. Winchester
[Reply]
Coogs 06:51 AM 02-23-2024
I may be the only one on the board that thinks this, but I am going after Justin Jefferson.

His 5th year option is just under 20 million. The following year when he "breaks the bank", it could be structured to get throught the '25 season. At that point, all of our other huge contracts with older players should be off the board, and we start our next phase of Mahomes's career. And we would still be a huge threat to 3 peat this year.

Jefferson, Kelce, Rice, and Pacheco shifts us back to an unstopppable offense next season. No matter what other parts are added to the mix. And Jefferson and Rice to build around in '25 and the next few years.

Send our 1st, and tag either Sneed or Jones (which ever one the Vikings want) and include them in the deal, and whatever else it takes to get the job done.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:02 PM 02-23-2024
Absolutely atrocious if that’s what we did on offense.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:44 PM 02-23-2024
I think this shows there are really a lot of good outcomes for the Chiefs, whatever they do.

They can only really fuck this up by trading away all their draft picks for some kind of all in move (e.g. Justin Jefferson) or by letting Sneed and Jones walk for nothing back in return.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:00 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I may be the only one on the board that thinks this, but I am going after Justin Jefferson.

His 5th year option is just under 20 million. The following year when he "breaks the bank", it could be structured to get throught the '25 season. At that point, all of our other huge contracts with older players should be off the board, and we start our next phase of Mahomes's career. And we would still be a huge threat to 3 peat this year.

Jefferson, Kelce, Rice, and Pacheco shifts us back to an unstopppable offense next season. No matter what other parts are added to the mix. And Jefferson and Rice to build around in '25 and the next few years.

Send our 1st, and tag either Sneed or Jones (which ever one the Vikings want) and include them in the deal, and whatever else it takes to get the job done.
I LOVE this, hadn't realized his contract situation. I'd trade Sneed for Jefferson, sure! Let's GO!
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:10 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:

I mentioned it near the deadline. The big hang-up is that Jefferson is untouchable to the Vikings, irrespective of their QB situation. I thought at the time that Cousins' injury might be cause for the Vikings to be more motivated than usual. Turns out, clearly not.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:08 PM 02-25-2024
I'm not seeing where he is untouchable. Tyreek wasn't going anywhere either. Until he did.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up