ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 Tight End class
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 10-25-2023
I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?
[Reply]
Toad 01:49 PM 12-21-2023
Is there aaaaanyyyy chance Bowers drops enough for some sort of trade up or is that just too darn unrealistic?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:18 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by Toad:
Is there aaaaanyyyy chance Bowers drops enough for some sort of trade up or is that just too darn unrealistic?
Probably too unrealistic. But if you grade Johnny Wilson as a TE rather than as a WR, where does he fit on that TE list? Does Wilson have the frame to put on some more weight without losing too much of his athleticism? Can he effectively block as a TE?

It will be interesting how teams view him. Is he a WR or a TE?
[Reply]
kccrow 05:24 PM 12-21-2023
I just don't see a big enough drop from Bowers to Sanders to think that making a move up for Bowers is an investment to make. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion, but I also really like Sanders and they are about the same build.
[Reply]
Icon 05:55 PM 12-21-2023
With our current WR group I don't see how we would use draft capitol to move up and get Bowers. We pretty much have to draft a WR in Rd 1 unless we sign a stud WR in free agency.

This years TE group is kind of underwhelming. Last couple of years were good. Maybe take someone like Lachey out of Iowa in round 3?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:04 PM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I just don't see a big enough drop from Bowers to Sanders to think that making a move up for Bowers is an investment to make. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion, but I also really like Sanders and they are about the same build.
Yeah, I'm coming around on Sanders as well.

And as I've noted in the past, Reid - more than a QB whisperer even - is a TE god. I mean he gets production out of everyone at that position.

You give him a guy like Sanders and honestly I wouldn't worry all that much about Kelce leaving. Especially if Sanders got a year or two to learn at the feet of the master.

I think he could coax a 1,300 yard season out of Kyle Pitts as easy as breathing but I wouldn't give up what the Falcons would want for him.
[Reply]
Toad 07:48 PM 12-21-2023
I think Andy and Mahomes would turn Pitts into a monster, but that price to get him would bend us over
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:43 PM 12-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'm coming around on Sanders as well.

And as I've noted in the past, Reid - more than a QB whisperer even - is a TE god. I mean he gets production out of everyone at that position.

You give him a guy like Sanders and honestly I wouldn't worry all that much about Kelce leaving. Especially if Sanders got a year or two to learn at the feet of the master.

I think he could coax a 1,300 yard season out of Kyle Pitts as easy as breathing but I wouldn't give up what the Falcons would want for him.
Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:25 AM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.
If we had a WR in the 1st and there was a run that left few in the 3rd, I'd be up for this. I think there might be some better WR options left at that point though
[Reply]
BWillie 12:33 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.
Agreed. Every Iowa TE has been really good for a while now even if their production at Iowa isn't. Luke Lachey in his two games this year in the worst offense in D1 was still productive. If he was on a team with any o-coordinator and any good offensive system he would have been that much more productive. And you know he will block coming from Iowa.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:42 PM 01-06-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I just don't see a big enough drop from Bowers to Sanders to think that making a move up for Bowers is an investment to make. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion, but I also really like Sanders and they are about the same build.
Sanders declared for the draft today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Sanders declared for the draft today.
First rounder, right?

I feel like he should go in that 18-20 range.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:06 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
First rounder, right?

I feel like he should go in that 18-20 range.
I've been seeing alot of mid-30s grades on him but I think he goes higher as well, especially after he runs.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:22 PM 01-19-2024
PFN has moved TE Sinnot to #80 and Spann-Ford to #99 on their big board, interesting.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 04:56 PM 01-19-2024
i like this dude, considering we'll probably miss out on bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UkelSvWSM
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:46 PM 01-19-2024
Wiley from TCU is interesting. If you liked Darnell Washington last year there’s lot of reason to like Wiley.

He’s big (6-6/6-7), is a good blocker, and has the speed to be a weapon down the seam. He’s not a traditional move TE, but he is much more of a traditional in-line guy than KC has had.

Would be a fun skill set to add as TE3.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up