ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a fucking zoo-jam packed
scho63 02:41 PM 07-21-2023
It's been close to 4 years since I've been on a plane and after 42 years and 39 countries, I have never seen an airport this jam packed. I heard after COVID it was even WORSE.

I'm sitting here surrounded by about 5000 people with no seats, no room at the bar, people tripping over each other and just a loud mess. Of course everyone rushing the gate to get on first.

I can see I will be drinking often and strong.

Glad it's a short flight......:-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:52 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You been to the new LGA or living in the past?
I love watching people deplane at the new LGA. You can always tell who had been there in the past and had no idea they were building an amazing replacement for that old shitty moldy turd of an airport.

It's like watching people walk into the new KCI for the first time, when they were expecting the shit hole semi circle toilets of the past :-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:01 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
It's not even the real hood. Is it shabby? You betcha, but shit there gets a LOT worse than Garfield Ridge
Almost every time someone calls something the hood it isn't. People sound so silly.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:07 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Almost every time someone calls something the hood it isn't. People sound so silly.
When I was in highschool I did volunteer work (read: college application ammunition) and raised money for Cabrini Green before they tore it down.



Let me tell you something about the culture shock going from my sheltered Overland Park life to that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:14 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Almost every time someone calls something the hood it isn't. People sound so silly.
I've had people refer to my part of Denver as "the inner city". The most dangerous people here are disenfranchised lawyers.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:15 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Almost every time someone calls something the hood it isn't. People sound so silly.
Once again... I'm aware that you're a hip urbanite.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:16 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Once again... I'm aware that you're a hip urbanite.
Congrats on surviving the hood :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 06:18 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Congrats on surviving the hood :-)
You want respect, you gotta earn it


[Reply]
|Zach| 06:19 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've had people refer to my part of Denver as "the inner city". The most dangerous people here are disenfranchised lawyers.
People around here call Leawood Leahood in an effort to make it very public they are sheltered and stupid.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:26 PM 08-15-2023
I had a flight get canceled at O'Hare once, and the airline said they'd put us up in a hotel. We got on a bus, and I think they drove us to Mogadishu. It took an hour to get there, we arrived at midnight, and there was no food available in the hotel at all. The area was pretty downscale and I wasn't going to go wander the streets in search of food in the middle of the night, so I went without.

The sad thing is that I got rescheduled for a really early flight, so I couldn't get any breakfast. I had a really busy morning with one meeting after another since I'd arrived late, and then had a lunch meeting scheduled with another person. I was absolutely famished when I showed up at the guy's office and said, "Ready to go to lunch?" The guy was in his forties, but opened his mouth to show me braces. "I just got my braces adjusted," he said, "so let's skip lunch and just meet here in my office."

I ate very well that evening.
[Reply]
scho63 06:28 PM 08-15-2023
It is so fucking humid here in Norfolk VA. Like a wet blanket.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:29 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
I love watching people deplane at the new LGA. You can always tell who had been there in the past and had no idea they were building an amazing replacement for that old shitty moldy turd of an airport.

It's like watching people walk into the new KCI for the first time, when they were expecting the shit hole semi circle toilets of the past :-)
The driver who picked me up from the airport last time I was in KC told me a story about a woman he picked up who had flown into MCI a few weeks earlier and then landed there again. Once she deplaned at the new airport she was hysterical because she thought somehow she got on the wrong flight.

Genuinely think there’s never been an airport upgrade in this country nearly as dramatic.
[Reply]
scho63 06:30 PM 08-15-2023
Airport was small but easy. First time there.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:37 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The driver who picked me up from the airport last time I was in KC told me a story about a woman he picked up who had flown into MCI a few weeks earlier and then landed there again. Once she deplaned at the new airport she was hysterical because she thought somehow she got on the wrong flight.

Genuinely think there’s never been an airport upgrade in this country nearly as dramatic.
We're doing a major remodeling project in Denver. If I remember right, they're going to move the main terminal behind security whereas now it's ahead of security. The airport was relatively new when all of the post-9/11 changes hit, so it didn't get to display the original design for very long.

I think they'll also have a viewing area to the underground alien worker area, which will be cool.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:41 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I hated every second of O'hare too, but i had been up for about 30 hours and had a 5 hour layover from a transatlantic flight from Munich. Oh, and they changed our gate 3 times and made us sit in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hrs. The TSA agent we dealt with was also an asshole.

F that place. Thinking about it makes me want to fedpost.

Midway however was fine, other than it being in the hood.
I had to run from Gate B to Gate L at O'Hare one time to catch a connection to Toronto while wearing dress shoes. Got blisters on my feet and I was so sweaty once I got on the plane. I changed into Jordan's once I got off the flight even though I was going straight to a meeting once I left the airport.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:45 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Airport was small but easy. First time there.
Yeah, Norfolk is really small since it only really serves the southern side of Hampton roads. The northern side is usually served by Richmond.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up