ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a fucking zoo-jam packed
scho63 02:41 PM 07-21-2023
It's been close to 4 years since I've been on a plane and after 42 years and 39 countries, I have never seen an airport this jam packed. I heard after COVID it was even WORSE.

I'm sitting here surrounded by about 5000 people with no seats, no room at the bar, people tripping over each other and just a loud mess. Of course everyone rushing the gate to get on first.

I can see I will be drinking often and strong.

Glad it's a short flight......:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:51 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Son has a hockey tournament in South Bend beginning of December and I'm trying to decide if I should fly to O'Hare or Midway out of Phoenix. Any suggestions, seems Midway is a little closer to South Bend but never been to Midway, always O'Hare.
Midway 100x out of 100

Only time you should fly into Ohare is if you plan on catching the train into the city and don't need a car

And you're going to drive right by Midway from Ohare anyway so unless there's a significant cost difference, you're choice is clear
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:01 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Midway 100x out of 100

Only time you should fly into Ohare is if you plan on catching the train into the city and don't need a car

And you're going to drive right by Midway from Ohare anyway so unless there's a significant cost difference, you're choice is clear
Agreed. Midway is a lot easier to navigate, at least if you have a connection. I've mostly used Chicago as a connection point, so I don't know about parking and ground transportation.
[Reply]
Spott 01:06 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
No business. Have a pilot running for one of my potential clients in the city. Big opportunity.

Sitting here in Nashville waiting to board.

I got stuck in the window seat and a 300 lb heifer sat next to me and she needed a seat belt extender. She had me pinned against the window for most of the flight. This shit sucks.
Always seemed like a crock that the airlines will charge the hell out of you if your bag is a pound over the limit or if your carry on is an inch too wide, yet the person that outweighs you by 150lbs doesn’t pay extra for their seat.
[Reply]
scho63 01:27 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Son has a hockey tournament in South Bend beginning of December and I'm trying to decide if I should fly to O'Hare or Midway out of Phoenix. Any suggestions, seems Midway is a little closer to South Bend but never been to Midway, always O'Hare.
MIDWAY, MIDWAY, MIDWAY.

FUCK O'HARE! :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:56 PM 08-15-2023
CHI-O'Hare, ATL, NYC-LaG, PHX-Sky Harbor, LAX, DFW are the worst airports in the US.

Of that group, O'Hare takes the cake for being the worst. NYC-LaG being a close 2nd.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:57 PM 08-15-2023
I thought Midway was strictly a Southwest Airlines airport, all other airlines fly in/out of O'Hare.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:05 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I thought Midway was strictly a Southwest Airlines airport, all other airlines fly in/out of O'Hare.
Delta services ATL out of MDW

There's a handful of other specialty routes from other airlines as well
[Reply]
DaFace 02:07 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Delta services ATL out of MDW

There's a handful of other specialty routes from other airlines as well
It's basically the spot for a lot of low cost carriers (Frontier, Allegiant, Volaris, etc.). I assume that space at ORD is much more expensive.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:12 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's basically the spot for a lot of low cost carriers (Frontier, Allegiant, Volaris, etc.). I assume that space at ORD is much more expensive.
I was surprised to see ViaAir has service to Branson

Glad my MiL wasn't aware of that when we lived in Chicago
[Reply]
Balto 03:39 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I thought Midway was strictly a Southwest Airlines airport, all other airlines fly in/out of O'Hare.
I'm planning on using Southwest because of the included bags....Goalie gear adds up otherwise!

Looks like I can go with Southwest into O'Hare Or Midway for about the same cost.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:55 PM 08-15-2023
I go to Chicago like five times a year and the most was ten times in a year.



I haven't flown into O'Hare since the 90s. If that answers your question.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:32 PM 08-15-2023
I hated every second of O'hare too, but i had been up for about 30 hours and had a 5 hour layover from a transatlantic flight from Munich. Oh, and they changed our gate 3 times and made us sit in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hrs. The TSA agent we dealt with was also an asshole.

F that place. Thinking about it makes me want to fedpost.

Midway however was fine, other than it being in the hood.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:41 PM 08-15-2023
There's literally a Mexican food spot called Machetes down Cicero from Midway...and its fantastic if you and bros need to sober up before a flight with a 20" quesadilla
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:41 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
CHI-O'Hare, ATL, NYC-LaG, PHX-Sky Harbor, LAX, DFW are the worst airports in the US.

Of that group, O'Hare takes the cake for being the worst. NYC-LaG being a close 2nd.
You been to the new LGA or living in the past?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:51 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I hated every second of O'hare too, but i had been up for about 30 hours and had a 5 hour layover from a transatlantic flight from Munich. Oh, and they changed our gate 3 times and made us sit in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hrs. The TSA agent we dealt with was also an asshole.

F that place. Thinking about it makes me want to fedpost.

Midway however was fine, other than it being in the hood.
It's not even the real hood. Is it shabby? You betcha, but shit there gets a LOT worse than Garfield Ridge
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up