ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2023 Draft Simulator Mocks ***
kccrow 09:05 PM 02-02-2023
Post all of our unrealistic, crap mocks from simulators here! :P

NFL Mock Draft Database Simulator

FanSpeak.com Mock Draft Simulator

PFN Mock Draft Simulator

TDN Mock Draft Simulator (New Version Under Beta Testing Currently)

PFF NFL Mock Draft Simulator
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:53 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I've got him in the 3rd at this point. I love his athleticism and his size but he lacks in two major areas.

He has extremely limited strength and leverage. I think it could be a byproduct of military training instead of football training and what I mean is a large aspect of endurance involved over brute power. Not only does it kill him in the run game but he's not a great speed-to-power or power-to-win type of guy that the NFL needs you to be as a pass rusher. He doesn't have a fast enough get-off to consistently threaten NFL tackles with speed alone, plus he's not going to be going against the likes of UMass, Navy, Air Force, Western Kentucky, Troy, and Georgia Southern tackle quality either.

The other is having the ability to set up a rush plan and use counters and his hands to win matchups. I'm just not sold there. I think he's a phenomenal blank canvas to work with but I think you want a more polished player in the first two rounds.

I think a tertiary problem that he needs to work on is gaining some mass. He might be 250 pounds but he still looks thin. I'd like to see him more in the 275 range. I think that'll help him anchor more too, aside from adding strength. He can do all of these things but its not an overnight deal.
He definitely has the frame to add weight in an NFL strength room. He looks tall and thin out there, reminds me of me back in my playing days lol, and like you say it affects his power. The lack of talent he played against I think will drag him down as well, but I wonder if teams dont like him better as an OLB.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02-28-2023, 06:58 AM
This message has been deleted by Direckshun. Reason: .
Direckshun 07:00 AM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I've got him in the 3rd at this point. I love his athleticism and his size but he lacks in two major areas.

He has extremely limited strength and leverage. I think it could be a byproduct of military training instead of football training and what I mean is a large aspect of endurance involved over brute power. Not only does it kill him in the run game but he's not a great speed-to-power or power-to-win type of guy that the NFL needs you to be as a pass rusher. He doesn't have a fast enough get-off to consistently threaten NFL tackles with speed alone, plus he's not going to be going against the likes of UMass, Navy, Air Force, Western Kentucky, Troy, and Georgia Southern tackle quality either.

The other is having the ability to set up a rush plan and use counters and his hands to win matchups. I'm just not sold there. I think he's a phenomenal blank canvas to work with but I think you want a more polished player in the first two rounds.

I think a tertiary problem that he needs to work on is gaining some mass. He might be 250 pounds but he still looks thin. I'd like to see him more in the 275 range. I think that'll help him anchor more too, aside from adding strength. He can do all of these things but its not an overnight deal.
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
He definitely has the frame to add weight in an NFL strength room. He looks tall and thin out there, reminds me of me back in my playing days lol, and like you say it affects his power. The lack of talent he played against I think will drag him down as well, but I wonder if teams dont like him better as an OLB.
I'm high on Carter, and I think he makes sense at 31. (I think there will be better options there, however.)

But Carter in KC... man. Kccrow isn't wrong but he'd be walking into the best possible situation here. We know that Carter has plenty of tools to work with, and size/strength to improve upon.

I'd love to put him in a locker right next to Frank Clark for the next 8 months. Put Joe Cullen on him, and given his coachability, the sky is the limit with this dude.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:12 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I'm high on Carter, and I think he makes sense at 31. (I think there will be better options there, however.)

But Carter in KC... man. Kccrow isn't wrong but he'd be walking into the best possible situation here. We know that Carter has plenty of tools to work with, and size/strength to improve upon.

I'd love to put him in a locker right next to Frank Clark for the next 8 months. Put Joe Cullen on him, and given his coachability, the sky is the limit with this dude.
Agreed! I'd feel like we got a real steal if he fell to us in the 2nd and he were rotated in as a situational rusher behind F Clark for a year, but I'd question him as a day 1 starter if chosen at #31.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:38 PM 02-28-2023
First time farting around with this. No trades, just straight picks at all spots.

31) BJ Ojulari - EDGE, LSU
63) Garrett Williams - Corner, Syracuse
95) Michael Wilson - WR, Stanford
123) Kobie Turner - DL, Wake Forest
133) Isiah McGuire - EDGE, Missouri
168) DeWayne McBride - HB, UAB
178) Luke Haggard - T, Indiana
217) Jadakis Bonds - WR, Hampton
219) Trey Dean III - S, Florida
227) Nick Saldiveri - T, Old Dominion
251) Brandon Hill - S, Pittsburgh
257) Alex Forsyth - C/OG, Oregon

This mock came from the PFF link
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:47 PM 02-28-2023
Your draft is bad and you should feel bad
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:51 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Your draft is bad and you should feel bad
Just kidding actually. I liked it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 PM 02-28-2023
From PFN:

1.31 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
2.52 (trade 63 and 135 and 2024 4th for it): Keon White, DE, GA Tech
3. 95 Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
4.122 Thomas Incoom, DE, Central Mchigan
5.168 Ronnie Bell, WR, Michigan

Rounds 6 on, I didn't do. But I'd be interested in some of the following guys in those rounds:

Brenton Cox, Jr (OK, he's super crazy, but talented. For a 6th or 7th? Roll of the dice)

Jerrod Clark, DL, Coastal Carolina (lot of potential, needs refinement)

In all, if the Chiefs came out of the draft with a top 3 that looked like this, Id be pretty pleased.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 03-02-2023
PFF:

1. BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
2. Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
3. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
4. Connor Galvin, OT, Baylor
4. Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn.
5. Jose Ramirez, EDGE, Eastern Michigan
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
PFF:

1. BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
2. Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
3. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
4. Connor Galvin, OT, Baylor
4. Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn.
5. Jose Ramirez, EDGE, Eastern Michigan
I like this one a lot.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:33 AM 03-03-2023
Today's run on PFN, whose draft board has improved with updates.

1.31 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Chiefs plan for the future... this pick assumes a franchise tag of Orlando Brown and no long-term deal. With a long-term deal, Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee would be the pick.

2.52 Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
With White dropping down the board a bit, I move 63, 134, and a 2024 4th to go up and nab him. Perfect Spags DE and someone who offers more explosiveness opposite Karlaftis.

3.95 Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
Reed's showing at the senior bowl has me intrigued.

4.122 Trey Dean III, S, Floria
Dean is a versatile, jumbo-sized S who profiles well in the slot. It would give the Chiefs some insurance for Sneed's role. Would need to believe Cook can handle more deep safety responsibilities for this pick to make complete sense.

5.148 Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
I move my fifth and a 2024 fifth to jump and grab him. I really like Mingo's ability as a developmental "big slot" option. He seems perfectly suited for the role Smith-Schuster played in the offense in 2022.

And I'll stop there. 6th and 7th rounds are still too choppy to put much time into them.

This draft would leave me searching for some DT help in FA, but I do like the what has been added to the OL, DL and WR room in this one.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:14 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Today's run on PFN, whose draft board has improved with updates.

1.31 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Chiefs plan for the future... this pick assumes a franchise tag of Orlando Brown and no long-term deal. With a long-term deal, Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee would be the pick.

2.52 Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
With White dropping down the board a bit, I move 63, 134, and a 2024 4th to go up and nab him. Perfect Spags DE and someone who offers more explosiveness opposite Karlaftis.

3.95 Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
Reed's showing at the senior bowl has me intrigued.

4.122 Trey Dean III, S, Floria
Dean is a versatile, jumbo-sized S who profiles well in the slot. It would give the Chiefs some insurance for Sneed's role. Would need to believe Cook can handle more deep safety responsibilities for this pick to make complete sense.

5.148 Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
I move my fifth and a 2024 fifth to jump and grab him. I really like Mingo's ability as a developmental "big slot" option. He seems perfectly suited for the role Smith-Schuster played in the offense in 2022.

And I'll stop there. 6th and 7th rounds are still too choppy to put much time into them.

This draft would leave me searching for some DT help in FA, but I do like the what has been added to the OL, DL and WR room in this one.
I like the players! But in reality if White didn't hit for whatever reason I'd be pissed we spent 3 picks on him. CP already goes crazy when a player chosen a few picks later performs better than the one we take.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:35 AM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I like the players! But in reality if White didn't hit for whatever reason I'd be pissed we spent 3 picks on him. CP already goes crazy when a player chosen a few picks later performs better than the one we take.
I mean, it's two extra day 3 picks. The equivalent of a present-day 4th and 5th. To move up 11 spots and get a guy who is a perfect scheme fit for this defense.

White has the size and power Spagnuolo covets, while also having athleticism and explosiveness rare for a dude that size.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:51 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Today's run on PFN, whose draft board has improved with updates.

1.31 Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Chiefs plan for the future... this pick assumes a franchise tag of Orlando Brown and no long-term deal. With a long-term deal, Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee would be the pick.

2.52 Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
With White dropping down the board a bit, I move 63, 134, and a 2024 4th to go up and nab him. Perfect Spags DE and someone who offers more explosiveness opposite Karlaftis.

3.95 Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
Reed's showing at the senior bowl has me intrigued.

4.122 Trey Dean III, S, Floria
Dean is a versatile, jumbo-sized S who profiles well in the slot. It would give the Chiefs some insurance for Sneed's role. Would need to believe Cook can handle more deep safety responsibilities for this pick to make complete sense.

5.148 Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
I move my fifth and a 2024 fifth to jump and grab him. I really like Mingo's ability as a developmental "big slot" option. He seems perfectly suited for the role Smith-Schuster played in the offense in 2022.

And I'll stop there. 6th and 7th rounds are still too choppy to put much time into them.

This draft would leave me searching for some DT help in FA, but I do like the what has been added to the OL, DL and WR room in this one.
Trey Dean III did not do himself any favors running that 4.7 40
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:47 PM 03-04-2023
I think CP might be happy if the draft fell this way with no trades.

31.

Isaiah Foskey
EDGE Notre Dame
KC
63.

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State
KC
95.

Mazi Smith
DT Michigan
KC
122.

Brandon Joseph
S Notre Dame
KC
134.

Dontayvion Wicks
WR Virginia
KC
168.

Mike Morris
EDGE Michigan
KC
197.

Ronnie Bell
WR Michigan
KC
217.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
QB UCLA
KC
219.

Jon Gaines
OC UCLA
KC
227.

DeWayne McBride
RB UAB
KC
251.

Keondre Coburn
DT Texas
KC
257.

Ben Sims
TE Baylor
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:00 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Trey Dean III did not do himself any favors running that 4.7 40
Nope. I posted that before his 40. Probably drops him to Day 3.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up