ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 333
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023


2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:36 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Seriously. The past 6 months has turned the Organization into what many wanted to see. We wanted GMDM gone, wanted Mathfucktard gone, wanted Eltard gone, wanted the expensive vets that were blocking players gone, wanted the young players opportunity to play at the big leagues. Most of all we wanted an overhaul in Operational thinking as well player development. These things are all happening. I'm seriously feeling optimistic about the path

Not saying you wonít be proved correct, but youíre giving them a massive benefit of the doubt before youíve even seen results. As of today itís pretty clear weíve got a skinflint owner. Maybe he will make it work
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:36 PM 01-24-2023

BREAKING: Chicago White Sox pitcher Mike Clevinger is under investigation by MLB following allegations of domestic violence involving the mother of his 10-month-old daughter and child abuse. Story with @KatieJStrang :https://t.co/Fw7tMJ6ak7

— Britt Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) January 24, 2023

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:43 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Not saying you wonít be proved correct, but youíre giving them a massive benefit of the doubt before youíve even seen results. As of today itís pretty clear weíve got a skinflint owner. Maybe he will make it work
Yes, but you have to implement the plan and let it play out. If it ends up being just a cheapskate owner then we have to see it, but so far the moves are what we all wanted to see happen. Aka the anti-GMDM.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:57 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know for sure because we haven't seen how Quatraro manages. But if we're going off how Tampa does it, it's because they're trying to find 12-13 arms that can fill out a staff top to bottom and can match up with any possible scenario. Some of these guys will get hurt or surely bomb, but they're throwing numbers at it.

If he runs it like Tampa, it's not always going to be 5 starters, 3-4 strong bullpen guys you can rely on with 3-4 bullpen guys you use for long relief/getting blown out.

It's going to going to be 3-4 starters, a 1-2 guys who are "starters" who might pitch the innings 3-6 sometimes. A couple guys who can "close" and a couple guys who can "open" and maybe a couple other guys they can use in specific matchup situations. We'll have to see though but every guy will have to bring something to the table because they'll play the numbers and matchups religiously.
Welp then I am going to assume...Barlow is dealt with Dozier attached and then Amir Garrett is traded for like a sack of balls.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:22 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
man his career went in the tank fast
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:51 PM 01-24-2023
Cleve got Naylor and Quantrill out of that steal. Wish we could make good trades. I guess I’ll look FW to a newer and improved bullpen this year. Should be exciting
[Reply]
poolboy 03:13 PM 01-24-2023
makes sense to have a supersized bullpen with pitch counts and such
especially with our starters
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:06 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I really don't get the narrative of wanting to sign some players or keep some of our vets. Play the young guys. We are going to suck. Play all the young guys everywhere. Know what you got. Fill the holes in 2024 with FAs. I like what they are doing. Michael A Taylor does nothing for you except clog CF for a young player auditioning for that role.
One of Bwillie's best posts on all of CP. Only thing as good or better is your early Vinnie posts.
[Reply]
warpaint* 04:33 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Seems this regimeís plan is worse than the last oneís plan.

I havenít been less excited about a season in a long time.
I canít tell what the plan is frankly

Můndese canít stay healthy and Taylor is a 4th OF.

I donít see anything to care about here

This is going to take awhile if it works at all
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:44 PM 01-24-2023
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...rriel-pursuit/

Royals discussing other trades

But wait, there might be more movement coming from the Royals, who have now dealt Mondesi and outfielder Michael A. Taylor in the past 24 hours. According to ESPN, the Royals have also discussed trades that involve utility player Hunter Dozier and infielder Nicky Lopez.

Dozier, a 31-year-old potentially signed through the 2025 season, has failed to make good on what appeared to be a breakout season in 2019. He's posted an 89 OPS+ over the last three years while bouncing around the corner positions. Lopez, 27, is under team control through the 2025 season. He too failed to build upon what was a banner season in 2021. His OPS+ dipped from 104 to 58.

The Royals have a glut of young position players either in the majors or on the way, making them an obvious candidate to ship out at least one more hitter between now and Opening Day.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:03 AM 01-25-2023
No team wants Hunter Dozier.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:39 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But why are you trading for a shitty reliever? That part makes no sense, the Royals have like 57 pitching prospects some of them will be relievers because they are failed starters.
Current regime is paying for the previous regimes mistakes. Mondesi had no value so the only thing they could get was a broken reliever that didn't pitch in 2022.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 10:14 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...rriel-pursuit/

Royals discussing other trades

But wait, there might be more movement coming from the Royals, who have now dealt Mondesi and outfielder Michael A. Taylor in the past 24 hours. According to ESPN, the Royals have also discussed trades that involve utility player Hunter Dozier and infielder Nicky Lopez.

Dozier, a 31-year-old potentially signed through the 2025 season, has failed to make good on what appeared to be a breakout season in 2019. He's posted an 89 OPS+ over the last three years while bouncing around the corner positions. Lopez, 27, is under team control through the 2025 season. He too failed to build upon what was a banner season in 2021. His OPS+ dipped from 104 to 58.

The Royals have a glut of young position players either in the majors or on the way, making them an obvious candidate to ship out at least one more hitter between now and Opening Day.
I thought lopez fit the stereotypical royals infielder mold - shitty bat, gold glove d.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:18 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
I thought lopez fit the stereotypical royals infielder mold - shitty bat, gold glove d.
In the old days, yeah. Maybe that has changed?

I think this front office looks at Lopez and Maikel Garcia and sees, at worst, equivalency. So they're willing to move the older player for what they can get.

Transactonal. It's what we've been wanting to see...
[Reply]
tk13 10:41 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
In the old days, yeah. Maybe that has changed?

I think this front office looks at Lopez and Maikel Garcia and sees, at worst, equivalency. So they're willing to move the older player for what they can get.

Transactonal. It's what we've been wanting to see...
There's also Camargo who can play anywhere on the infield. He signed a minor league deal but he did that last year with Philly and ended up being a utilityman for them. They might be trying to set it up so Garcia, Witt, Massey and Eaton can play IF with Camargo behind them as the veteran who can play 2B/SS/3B.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 333
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up