ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs stock watch: Pacheco impressing; Gordon struggling
RaidersOftheCellar 10:24 AM 08-09-2022
Chiefs stock watch: RB Isiah Pacheco impressing; WR Josh Gordon struggling

By Nate Taylor
Aug 7, 2022

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. — At this point, the Chiefs have fewer than 10 practices left of their training camp.

Such a realization was felt throughout the team the past two days, as the fully padded practices were long and the repetitions for the second- and third-team members started to decrease. On Saturday, the Chiefs will play their first preseason game, an exhibition on the road against the Chicago Bears.

With this past Saturday’s practice serving as the midway point of camp, here’s an updated assessment of the players who have stood out and those who are on the wrong end of a position battle — or even in danger of not earning a spot on the initial 53-man roster — as the Chiefs move closer to Aug. 30, the NFL’s cutdown day.

Spoiler!

https://theathletic.com/3485284/2022...ampaign=601983
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:31 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'd still like to know why Chief Fan loved Gore so much.

He was better than CEH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 12:32 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'd still like to know why Chief Fan loved Gore so much.
I think it's pretty self explanatory. He was used many times when the other team KNEW we were going to run and he was STILL effective. At least in a small sample size, he is a high efficiency RB.

Gore 5.0 ypc
Darrell Williams 3.9 ypc
CEH 4.3 ypc

I think RB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate in practice, because so much of their effectiveness comes down to vision, drive and patience.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:09 PM 08-10-2022
I'm mentally preparing for the offense to come out with Clyde sucking shit and everyone banging the table for Pacheeks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:52 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm mentally preparing for the offense to come out with Clyde sucking shit and everyone banging the table for Pacheeks.
Won't be necessary. Clyde can't stay healthy. It's only a matter of time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:13 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
GDT:

way to find the hole, midget

nice drop, bust

seriously? that crease was 10 yards wide - should have been six points
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:15 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think it's pretty self explanatory. He was used many times when the other team KNEW we were going to run and he was STILL effective. At least in a small sample size, he is a high efficiency RB.

Gore 5.0 ypc
Darrell Williams 3.9 ypc
CEH 4.3 ypc

I think RB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate in practice, because so much of their effectiveness comes down to vision, drive and patience.
He's headed to the practice squad.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:30 PM 08-10-2022
Yeah, while I was at camp Kinnard was easily the biggest disappointment. He couldn’t keep his feet with anyone on the DL, his knee bend was non existent and his hand work was pretty damn bad. He absolutely looked like he didn’t belong on the field at all and after I’ve read that he doesn’t even rep at RT anymore, only Wylie and Christian do until Niang returns. Kinnard was lunging and grabbing on nearly every rep like OTs used to do to Tamba Hali every game…he also seemed to struggle keeping his cool between reps. I didn’t see anything in person that said “wow, look at that. If he can fix everything else, he can be special because of that”…unfortunate, for sure.

Hopefully, the terrible technique across the board can be fixed, but I’m not sure that’s possible. The gains he needs to just be adequate at RT are pretty sizable because it wasn’t just one area he needed refinement/overhaul at…it was basically everything.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 03:36 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Gore 5.0 ypc
Darrell Williams 3.9 ypc
CEH 4.3 ypc

Without the 51 yard run he’s st 4.1
[Reply]
TLO 04:37 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
Sounds like a future Hall of Fame candidate!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:31 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Yeah, while I was at camp Kinnard was easily the biggest disappointment. He couldn’t keep his feet with anyone on the DL, his knee bend was non existent and his hand work was pretty damn bad. He absolutely looked like he didn’t belong on the field at all and after I’ve read that he doesn’t even rep at RT anymore, only Wylie and Christian do until Niang returns. Kinnard was lunging and grabbing on nearly every rep like OTs used to do to Tamba Hali every game…he also seemed to struggle keeping his cool between reps. I didn’t see anything in person that said “wow, look at that. If he can fix everything else, he can be special because of that”…unfortunate, for sure.

Hopefully, the terrible technique across the board can be fixed, but I’m not sure that’s possible. The gains he needs to just be adequate at RT are pretty sizable because it wasn’t just one area he needed refinement/overhaul at…it was basically everything.
I brought it up before and I’ll mention it again. The chiefs saw Cam Erving as a tackle when most said he was an NFL guard. Did we play him there? Yes. Was he good? Not by any stretch of the imagination against any real competition. I think these guys have one trait that the chiefs are willing to gamble on and hope they get a tackle, then if not move them in. Except in Ervings case, they didn’t have anyone else to adequately step on mahomes’ feet.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:49 PM 08-10-2022
Special teams was gutted of veterans. Panacea was probably drafted with STs in mind. The vet presence of CEH may be needed for the over anxious rookies(TIC)
[Reply]
el borracho 09:31 PM 08-10-2022
Gore has a 51 yard run in only 51 attempts.
Clyde's longest run is only 31 yards in 300 attempts.
[Reply]
Redbled 05:35 AM 08-11-2022

That’s how averages work. Clyde can’t get 51.
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Aka he's a fifth round rookie OL?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:29 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Gore has a 51 yard run in only 51 attempts.
Clyde's longest run is only 31 yards in 300 attempts.
That why people like Gore, because he can evidently hit the long one.....

What other Running Back in our system has ripped off a 40 yard+ run in last three years?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up