Page 352 of 4872
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:16 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if tyrod is too fragile for that style of play, is Alex smith?
No. Smith protects himself. He and Wilson do a great job of it. Smith also doesn't take off as much as Tyrod.

If Tyrod isn't too fragile for that style of play, does that mean Vick and RG3 weren't also?

:-)

Every guy is different. Do I really need to explain this?
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No. Smith protects himself. He and Wilson do a great job of it. Smith also doesn't take off as much as Tyrod.

If Tyrod isn't too fragile for that style of play, does that mean Vick and RG3 weren't also?

Smith has had injury issues in his career.

But in regards to taylor, didn't he get hurt this year due to a horse collar tackle and in the pocket? I don't really remember him not being able to protect himself running.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 PM 04-07-2016
And people say I'm condescending. Jesus man, we're just having a conversation
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 PM 04-07-2016
But I did go back and look, taylor was hurt alot last year, ao you're definitely right there staylor

I remembered a shoulder and a knee, but he had an ankle injury and another one that I can't remember what it was
[Reply]
staylor26 08:27 PM 04-07-2016
Smith has had injury issues in his career.

But in regards to taylor, didn't he get hurt this year due to a horse collar tackle and in the pocket? I don't really remember him not being able to protect himself running.
Alex Smith has about 3 inches on Taylor, so he's also a bigger guy. He learned to protect himself better, which Taylor is also capable of, but I just doubt he's going to change much. It's been his style of play going back to his VTech days and I know him too well to expect anything different.

Russell Wilson is about the same height, but much thicker.

He was hurt on more than one occasion (in just 14 games). That might've been one of the times, but I know for certain it happened once on a scramble.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 PM 04-07-2016
Iirc, he was hurt the week before they played the chiefs. Don't remember what was hurt though
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 PM 04-07-2016
If the bills didn't have rex, I'd pick them to win that division
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:08 AM 04-08-2016
From a chiefs fan perspective, tyrod taylor would be a ****tmare. He's really good.
:-) ridiculous
[Reply]
RunKC 10:25 AM 04-08-2016
Tyrod could just throw the ball up and Sammy Watkins is gonna get it over half the time. We saw that against us.

The thing that scares me the most about him is his legs. We have struggled with those guys, mostly bc Tamba is not a super fast guy and Mauga looks like a turtle out there.

He definitely fits Denver's offense, and like Kaep, he'll make them dangerous. A top 5 defense+top 5 rushing attack=playoff team most of the time. Kubiak would make a lot of easy read type playcalls like bootlegs, quick outs, screens, etc.
Ironically, that's a lot of what we did with Alex in year one and two. Now that I think about it, Alex would be the ideal kind of QB to run Kubiak's system.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:53 AM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Now that I think about it, Alex would be the ideal kind of QB to run Kubiak's system.
His mobility would be ideal, but he doesn't have the arm strength/deep ball accuracy that Kubiak looks for. And I'm not so sure Alex Smith is all that accurate throwing on the run. Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler (his talent) are the type of guys that Kubiak is looking for.

Alex Smith would work, and would probably be a good stopgap QB for Kubiak, but he isn't ideal.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
His mobility would be ideal, but he doesn't have the arm strength/deep ball accuracy that Kubiak looks for. And I'm not so sure Alex Smith is all that accurate throwing on the run. Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler (his talent) are the type of guys that Kubiak is looking for.

Alex Smith would work, and would probably be a good stopgap QB for Kubiak, but he isn't ideal.

You'll be lucky if you find anybody close to Alex in the next couple years.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:21 AM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:

You'll be lucky if you find anybody close to Alex in the next couple years.
They could trade Clady, Talib, and a couple first round picks to get Carson Wentz and they'd have somebody better than Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:23 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
They could trade Clady, Talib, and a couple first round picks to get Carson Wentz and they'd have somebody better than Alex Smith.
lol, no way. Wentz may go #2 and the Broncos will have to trade the farm to get him. Sure, Clady will be on the table but not Talib and no way do the Broncos mortgage their future for Wentz when they have a loaded team ready to win now.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
lol, no way. Wentz may go #2 and the Broncos will have to trade the farm to get him. Sure, Clady will be on the table but not Talib and no way do the Broncos mortgage their future for Wentz when they have a loaded team ready to win now.
I brought it up earlier here, but if they mortage that much, in a year or two they'll be a terrible roster.

Too much value comes from all that cheap drafted talent.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:53 AM 04-09-2016
I brought it up earlier here, but if they mortage that much, in a year or two they'll be a terrible roster.

Too much value comes from all that cheap drafted talent.
Broncos are in a tough situation this year and have little cap space. Next year, the Broncos have a boat load of cap space but a boat load of FAs to sign. Are the Broncos gonna repeat as SB champs, naw. But I think they are going to be an exciting team to watch, with a lot of guys buying into the Broncos system.
[Reply]
Page 352 of 4872
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Up