ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 70
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
Rausch 01:27 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm not sure you have to watch any of them. It's probably self-contained enough that you could just start watching in a couple of weeks.
Good deal. The only reason I feel like watching any of it is to find out how the red head left as his companion and how the brunette was introduced.

Then again I'm sure wikipedia or something could answer that...
[Reply]
listopencil 02:17 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
yep looks baus, though I'm a little concerned the tone will be too serious

No, the show needs to move in this direction after Tenant and Smith.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:33 PM 08-12-2014
The ladyfriend just got me to begin watching Doctor Who yesterday. Starting from the '05 re-boot. What I've noticed so far:

1.) they seem to be making up the time travel rules as they go along
2.) this Ninth Doctor sure makes a lot of little mistakes
3.) the score is really obtrusive so far
[Reply]
Rausch 05:11 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
No, the show needs to move in this direction after Tenant and Smith.
I thought the Tenant run had a good balance of comedy and drama.

I didn't really watch Smith so I don't know about that...
[Reply]
listopencil 05:16 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I thought the Tenant run had a good balance of comedy and drama.

I didn't really watch Smith so I don't know about that...
It did. I liked Tenant in the role. I would have liked a different personality out of Smith though. A bit too goofy. I enjoyed Smith's companions more than Smith himself.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:18 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
The ladyfriend just got me to begin watching Doctor Who yesterday. Starting from the '05 re-boot. What I've noticed so far:

1.) they seem to be making up the time travel rules as they go along
2.) this Ninth Doctor sure makes a lot of little mistakes
3.) the score is really obtrusive so far
It gets better, and there are nude Rose pics out there.
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 05:23 PM 08-12-2014
Tenant was a good mix of serious and goofy...Smith just got annoying. I enjoyed Eccleston as the Doctor...would liked to have seen him do more than one season.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:29 PM 08-12-2014
It gets better, and there are nude Rose pics out there.
Link?...
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:34 PM 08-12-2014
Link?...
Google Billie Piper nude?
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:26 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
Tenant was a good mix of serious and goofy...Smith just got annoying. I enjoyed Eccleston as the Doctor...would liked to have seen him do more than one season.
A lot of people liked Eccleston. I thought he was the weakest of the three.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:35 PM 08-12-2014
Link?...

She did a show called "Secret Diary Of A Call Girl" where she played a prostitute.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:35 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Eh, a bunch of photoshops.

And some of them are very, very strange...:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 06:42 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
You will never look at 'Rose" the same way.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:27 PM 08-12-2014
It did. I liked Tenant in the role. I would have liked a different personality out of Smith though. A bit too goofy. I enjoyed Smith's companions more than Smith himself.
I started to like Smith during the last half of Series 7 (once Amy/Rory leave). I think he turned 30 around this time as well and he started to look/act more mature whereas it was bit much at times in Series 5/6.

Tennant is "my" Doctor though. The tone they were able to hit with him episode-to-episode and even scene-to-scene was outstanding. Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Midnight, Silence in the Library, Family of Blood, Journey's End, etc.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:41 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I started to like Smith during the last half of Series 7 (once Amy/Rory leave). I think he turned 30 around this time as well and he started to look/act more mature whereas it was bit much at times in Series 5/6.

Tennant is "my" Doctor though. The tone they were able to hit with him episode-to-episode and even scene-to-scene was outstanding. Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, Midnight, Silence in the Library, Family of Blood, Journey's End, etc.
I'd say he really lifted the show. He did a great job and I "buy" him as the Doctor. Smith came across to me as a lesser version of him in a way. I actually found the Amy Pond character more interesting, although Rory annoyed me. Baker is "my" doctor.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 70
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up