ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 246 of 300
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:46 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think they need to be 100% healthy and not just healthy-ish, and that seems to be a big question right now.

And they aren't playing a 1 seed in a week and a half.

There's also a lot that goes into the Chiefs fucking around and finding out in the regular season... rotating 8 receivers, giving CEH more snaps to save Pacheco, holding back plays for the postseason. And they adjust ALL of that, plus ramp up their intensity... and they aren't going to run into a 12 seed in the WC round that can knock them off.

Starters will obviously play as many minutes as possible... that's like the one magic formula difference they have, at least until an injury flares up or they get into a bit of foul trouble. And you know every team they play will be focusing on getting them into foul trouble.

And then games get tight to some 11 seed that they're trying to stay focused on after fucking around for 3 months and having 2 weeks off, and how much mental fortitude have they shown in the past few months to handle it. :-)

If anything, I might compare them to those UConn teams that would finish 10-8 in conference and win the tourney, but don't know a ton about them... if they underperformed in the regular season or just played god mode in the tournament, had easy paths, etc.

At some point though it turns from a Mahomes team that just happened to fuck around in the regular season to pointing out how an Alex Smith team beat the Patriots in September and that should be the postseason barometer.
Last year's UConn team might even be a decent comparison. 4 seed that struggled at times during league play (largely due to the strength of the league) after a good non-con showing. They clearly always had the ability but were under the radar going into the dance.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yes, despite Self's words yesterday, those were pretty clearly aimed at the committee and may not entirely reflect what the reality of Dickinson/McCullar is gonna be in a week's time.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we find out in a week's time that neither one has even practiced yet.
I don't agree at all. That would be equivalent of head coach flopping. Bill Self ain't no bitch.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:15 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't agree at all. That would be equivalent of head coach flopping. Bill Self ain't no bitch.
You don't agree with what? Bill Self making calculated statements designed to keep our seeding up while our best players injured?

Seems like a fairly obvious and necessary thing to do.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:17 PM 03-12-2024
You don't agree with what? Bill Self making calculated statements designed to keep our seeding up while our best players injured?

Seems like a fairly obvious and necessary thing to do.
Correct. McCullar and Dickinson WILL play in the NCAA Tournament.

As it is written in stone.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:39 PM 03-12-2024
Correct. McCullar and Dickinson WILL play in the NCAA Tournament.

As it is written in stone.
Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:07 PM 03-12-2024
Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.
$100 bet they both play in ncaa's?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:11 PM 03-12-2024
$100 bet they both play in ncaa's?
I'd say it is more likely than not that they do, but I'm certainly not confident enough to be conclusive either way.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM 03-12-2024
I'd say it is more likely than not that they do, but I'm certainly not confident enough to be conclusive either way.
Bill Self said it is so. So it is so.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:25 PM 03-12-2024
Bill Self said it is so. So it is so.
Bill Self also said McCullar might not play for the rest of the season in the attempt to pressure him to playing meaningless basketball three days before McCullar played in a game. He often has ulterior motives.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:57 PM 03-12-2024
Bill Self also said McCullar might not play for the rest of the season in the attempt to pressure him to playing meaningless basketball three days before McCullar played in a game. He often has ulterior motives.
That's different. He's not playing up the media to try to get a better seed. Bill Self don't roll like that.

Trying to challenge his players toughness indirectly through the media? Yeah that's definitely some Bill Self hard nosed shit.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:06 PM 03-12-2024
Kansas +1 tomorrow

Oof
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:04 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Kansas +1 tomorrow

Oof
Sounds like whoever is setting the lines has seen Timberlake play.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:12 PM 03-12-2024
So...

Dejuan
Timberlake
Elmarko
Furphy
KJ

?

It'd be cool to find a way to win this and at least play against Baylor. This depleted team has really hurt ticket sales for the event. I can't find a way to give mine away.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:19 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
So...

Dejuan
Timberlake
Elmarko
Furphy
KJ

?

It'd be cool to find a way to win this and at least play against Baylor. This depleted team has really hurt ticket sales for the event. I can't find a way to give mine away.
I'm excited to see baby Marko get 30 minutes and see if any improvement from early in year.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:25 PM 03-12-2024
Can clemence not play a couple games and not screw up his redshirt year?
[Reply]
Page 246 of 300
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256296 > Last »
Up