ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 298 of 319
« First < 198248288294295296297298 299300301302308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:00 PM 03-23-2021
Okung
Clowney
Houston
Williamson
Poole
Brown
Villanueva
Suh
Ingram
Wright
Reiter
Dunlap
Hilton

Lots of good players still without jobs that we could put to work.
[Reply]
-King- 10:02 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Okung
Clowney
Houston
Williamson
Poole
Brown
Villanueva
Suh
Ingram
Wright
Reiter
Dunlap
Hilton

Lots of good players still without jobs that we could put to work.
Wonder why Reiter hasn't signed yet. Thought that would be a quick thing.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Because a lot of these guys aren’t getting the offers they want.

That’s why things have slowed down a lot.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:20 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
His agent knows KC wants him (but only as a bridge player) and there isn’t a better option out there that can play right away. They are currently negotiating, but I’m sure the agent thought he could get close to 10m per on the open market and is only getting sub 5m type offers. Maybe sub 4m, even. I’m sure Veach wants to draft his replacement to upgrade the position and Reiter is trying to max out what he can get.

I’ll bet that the longer this goes, the better the chance we get Reiter for something like 2/8 and we still draft a center in the first 4 rounds.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:25 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because a lot of these guys aren’t getting the offers they want.

That’s why things have slowed down a lot.
It’s the second wave Veach talked about and he thought KC would be able to get a few deals done in this second wave.

Honestly, I don’t think making ANY offer to Juju was in his initial plan. I think his offer to him was like “well, we struck out with Silverback, so let’s make a lowball offer to Junu and see if we can get a bargain with Silverbacks money.”
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 PM 03-23-2021
I dont care too much tbh we didnt lose much and if we get just 2 good players from the draft plus what with weve signed were a 14 win team returning alot and added 4 good players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Cosmi has experience at LT Niang has never played LT. Cosmi has played football in the last year Niang has not.
That means very little in the NFL. Neither of them have played an NFL snap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 PM 03-23-2021
His agent knows KC wants him (but only as a bridge player) and there isn’t a better option out there that can play right away. They are currently negotiating, but I’m sure the agent thought he could get close to 10m per on the open market and is only getting sub 5m type offers. Maybe sub 4m, even. I’m sure Veach wants to draft his replacement to upgrade the position and Reiter is trying to max out what he can get.

I’ll bet that the longer this goes, the better the chance we get Reiter for something like 2/8 and we still draft a center in the first 4 rounds.
I'm not sure they're drafting a center at this point.

But I think you're right about Reiter.

This wasn't ever going to be quick, they let him go so he could explore free agency. He's still exploring free agency. When he's done, and he doesn't get what he wants, the Chiefs will be waiting with an offer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That’s why it says rumor....
Rumor is unsubstantiated talk between two or more people.

When one person pulls something out of thin air and posts it on Twitter, it's not a rumor. It's a fabrication.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:35 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not sure they're drafting a center at this point.

But I think you're right about Reiter.

This wasn't ever going to be quick, they let him go so he could explore free agency. He's still exploring free agency. When he's done, and he doesn't get what he wants, the Chiefs will be waiting with an offer.
He’s really a “center only” and isn’t a good run blocker.

His lack of versatility and limited market coupled with strong draft all drive his price down.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:37 PM 03-23-2021
Rumor is unsubstantiated talk between two or more people.

When one person pulls something out of thin air and posts it on Twitter, it's not a rumor. It's a fabrication.
I’d be low key kinda excited to see us sign AB...but I highly doubt a move like that happens before the draft.

It’s a super risky move...but with a high payoff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 03-23-2021
He’s really a “center only” and isn’t a good run blocker.

His lack of versatility and limited market coupled with strong draft all drive his price down.
Yep.

But these guys are pro athletes. Many of them have a hard time with the reality of their own abilities. I'm sure he's taking his time and holding out hope that somebody offers him more than what I'm sure the Chiefs have already told him he's worth.

Again, it wasn't ever going to be a quick process.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:42 PM 03-23-2021
Yep.

But these guys are pro athletes. Many of them have a hard time with the reality of their own abilities. I'm sure he's taking his time and holding out hope that somebody offers him more than what I'm sure the Chiefs have already told him he's worth.

Again, it wasn't ever going to be a quick process.
He should probably tell his agent to strike a deal with KC for their offering price before the draft. His only other option is to wait for an injury in camp to sign with someone, but that’s a huge gamble.

If he fucks around and waits till after the draft, he will only see offers for much less because KC will draft a center that can play between 2 veteran guards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 PM 03-23-2021
He should probably tell his agent to strike a deal with KC for their offering price before the draft. His only other option is to wait for an injury in camp to sign with someone, but that’s a huge gamble.

If he fucks around and waits till after the draft, he will only see offers for much less because KC will draft a center that can play between 2 veteran guards.
Oh it won't take THAT long. I'm sure he knows better than that. I expected him to take a couple of weeks at least. It's only been 1.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:14 PM 03-23-2021
Reiter also knows the system backwards and forewords. I think Beach obviously is looking to upgrade every spot on the OL, including center, and Reiter is getting low balled. Reiter has value, but it’s limited in this market.
[Reply]
Page 298 of 319
« First < 198248288294295296297298 299300301302308 > Last »
Up