ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:16 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
Are you talking about the conclusion to the Godfather movie or the conclusion of the trilogy, because the Godfather 3 was an abortion.
No mention of Part 3 from me. Although I was happy when they killed Sofia Coppola. If they'd shot her earlier in the film, it wouldn't have sucked nearly as much as it did.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:17 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Wrong. The movie leads up to a climax that never happens, and then throws in some random act at the end for shits and grins. As I have said before, if I want to see pointless random crap I'll look out the window.
Eh. I'm not going to get into this argument. Your point has been made and argued. I disagree. I think the ending to NCFOM was pitch perfect.

But I'm good with films that make me think and emote. I'm a huge fan of films that piss me off or make me cry. I don't watch movies as a form of escapism. Sometimes that's all it's meant to be, other times it's meant to be something more. Those are the films that made me want to make my own.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:18 AM 11-24-2008
Are you talking about the conclusion to the Godfather movie or the conclusion of the trilogy, because the Godfather 3 was an abortion.
I still contend the only reason Godfather 3 is regarded badly is because it was the third part of an historic story.

By itself, The Godfather 3 is not a bad film. In comparison to G1 and G2, it's an abortion.
[Reply]
Brock 10:25 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I still contend the only reason Godfather 3 is regarded badly is because it was the third part of an historic story.

By itself, The Godfather 3 is not a bad film. In comparison to G1 and G2, it's an abortion.
Uh....separate discussion, but 3 was a completely disjointed film that looks like it was thrown together.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:36 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Brock:
Uh....separate discussion, but 3 was a completely disjointed film that looks like it was thrown together.
Just responding to blaise. And I disagree. I understand the comment when you compare 3 to the other two.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:40 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Eh. I'm not going to get into this argument. Your point has been made and argued. I disagree. I think the ending to NCFOM was pitch perfect.

But I'm good with films that make me think and emote. I'm a huge fan of films that piss me off or make me cry. I don't watch movies as a form of escapism. Sometimes that's all it's meant to be, other times it's meant to be something more. Those are the films that made me want to make my own.
I have no trouble with "thinking" or "emoting" (who the fuck uses that word?) at the movies. I don't need a happy ending. A good tragedy is fine by me. I loved the deeply fucked-up ending of The Mist, which differed greatly from the end of the short story. But I want the ending of a movie to FUCKING MAKE SENSE. Shouldn't be too much to ask.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:44 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
I have no trouble with "thinking" or "emoting" (who the **** uses that word?) at the movies. I don't need a happy ending. A good tragedy is fine by me. I loved the deeply ****ed-up ending of The Mist, which differed greatly from the end of the short story. But I want the ending of a movie to ****ING MAKE SENSE. Shouldn't be too much to ask.
I thought the ending to NCFOM did make sense. In fact, in the context of the film, I think it makes perfect sense, and frankly I think I'd have been disappointed if it ended any differently.

And I have no idea who uses the word emote. I don't think I wrote that sentence. :-)
[Reply]
blaise 11-24-2008, 11:00 AM
This message has been deleted by blaise. Reason: spoiler
Fire Me Boy! 11:03 AM 11-24-2008
For future "spoiler" posts, just FYI there is a spoiler tag. Use ["spoiler"]["/spoiler"] without the quotes to begin and end your spoiler.

Your post when then have been:

Originally Posted by :
Okay, the ending to The Mist was retarded. Spoilers if you've never seen it:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 11:10 AM 11-24-2008
:-)

The ending of No Country For Old Men was magnificent and visionary, but the end of The Mist was shit?

I just.... damn, I can't even respond to that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:14 AM 11-24-2008
The MIST is one of the best pure horror flicks ive seen in a long time.

The ending was classic.
[Reply]
blaise 11:14 AM 11-24-2008
Yes, The Mist is a masterpiece. The end made total sense. It wasn't at all sloppily done and not consistent with prior actions or character development up to that point.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:17 AM 11-24-2008
Hey fuggers I didn't see no mist yet. Cover your spoilers up bastards.
[Reply]
blaise 11:18 AM 11-24-2008
Yeah, sorry about that.

I just deleted it so no one else will get that wonderful ending spoiled.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:21 AM 11-24-2008
Yes, The Mist is a masterpiece. The end made total sense. It wasn't at all sloppily done and not consistent with prior actions or character development up to that point.

I agree. Thats what made that flick so good was the characters.

BTW, Darabont changed the ending from the book. Something the Coens should have done.
[Reply]
blaise 11:23 AM 11-24-2008
I read the book as well. My point is that if the character of the father was consistent he wouldn't have done what he did so hastily. He would have explored other solutions before he had to and he would have waited. It didn't make sense.
[Reply]
Frazod 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
This message has been deleted by Frazod. Reason: Oops
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up