ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 270
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:16 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, I really don’t agree that buffalo is closing the gap on us and DHop seals the deal. But at the very least Indy is an example of why we can’t be content on offense. I don’t think people are processing how stuck our offense looked at times last year for way longer stretches than we’re used to.

Of course we deserved to win last year but it was also a year where we had a LOT of good bounces. One extra loss would’ve costed us a bye and maybe forced us to play buffalo and cincy back to back weeks. That includes games where we lucked into facing malik willis, bryce Perkins, and had Brett rypien close out a close game. That includes us winning the conference out of a forfeit technicality. So yeah, even if I don’t agree with hyping up buffalo, I also don’t think your point is wrong that our advantage is more razor thin in many cases than it looks on paper. And it doesn’t have to be that way.
I was a Toney fan before that draft and argued against the analytics draft guys that dismissed him.

So I love the idea of Toney being healthy the whole season but that's not a risk you take as a contender that you bank on it.

Get me either of OBJ or DHop and a draft pick early at WR.
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 AM 03-24-2023
I think you just continue throwing draft picks at the WR spot yearly pretty much. Maybe not always a first or second obviously, but it's just cheaper to keep drafting them.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:01 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you just continue throwing draft picks at the WR spot yearly pretty much. Maybe not always a first or second obviously, but it's just cheaper to keep drafting them.
Yep. Mahomes makes everyone on offense better. I don't remember Brady having the best WRs when the Patriots were winning their SBs.

Let's not forget we can also draft TEs.
[Reply]
O.city 07:03 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yep. Mahomes makes everyone on offense better. I don't remember Brady having the best WRs when the Patriots were winning their SBs.

Let's not forget we can also draft TEs.
Eh, he always had weapons. Be it WR's, TE's, RB's. etc
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:23 AM 03-24-2023
This thread is why pyramid schemes work
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 AM 03-24-2023
I've got a yearly pass on the "In Veach we trust" bandwagon. Whatever he decides, I'm for that. He's way smarter at this than anyone here.

But, a question.... If it is really a 4th rounder now, why is he not a Chief?

Even if Veach has his eye on some WR in the draft and will move up to get them, a 4th rounder for that level of talent seems like a good deal. What am I missing?
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:32 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've got a yearly pass on the "In Veach we trust" bandwagon. Whatever he decides, I'm for that. He's way smarter at this than anyone here.

Because Veach isnt trading a 4th for an aging vet and he damn sure isn't giving $17 mil/yr to that guy either. Hell if he's anywhere close to the guy Megatron is acting like he is, then why in the hell hasn't anyone traded for him? The only way I see him getting traded is if the Cardinals agree to take a late draft pick and/or eat some of the cap hit. I just think they'll keep him in that scenario.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:33 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Even if Veach has jis eye on some WR in the draft and will move up to get them, a 4th rounder for that level of talent seems like a good deal. What am I missing?
Did you forget the NFL turned salary cap mode on?
[Reply]
O.city 07:34 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Because Veach isnt trading a 4th for an aging vet and he damn sure isn't giving $17 mil/yr to that guy either. Hell if he's anywhere close to the guy Megatron is acting like he is, then why in the hell hasn't anyone traded for him? The only way I see him getting traded is if the Cardinals agree to take a late draft pick and/or eat some of the cap hit. I just think they'll keep him in that scenario.
They'll take on some of the money, that's a given.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:37 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They'll take on some of the money, that's a given.
It is? They must take on his cap and the $$ that they converted to a bonus. It is not a given that they will take on any of his base.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:39 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I realize the aging thing is real and drives down his value. If he was in his prime he may have brought 2 firsts.

Didn't he say he was willing to renegotiate the last two years of the contract? If so, add a year and spread out this years cap hit. He's got his bag. Does he want to win? We will give you that money coming to you but over 3 years to make it cap friendly.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:43 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
This thread is why pyramid schemes work
lmao
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is? They must take on his cap and the $$ that they converted to a bonus. It is not a given that they will take on any of his base.
Correct, they will take on the bonus and such. I would imagine they will or are haggling with whoever he goes to about taking on some of the base as well.

That would depend on what they will get back in return. If they wanna take on more, they'll likely get a better pick.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:55 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Interesting that he mentioned that Dhop was definitely looking to win. that would preclude ATL, NE and LVR right off the bat.
There is nothing that makes more sense for DHop or KC than for him to come to KC.

Its literally a win/win situation, why it has to be difficult I don't understand.
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 AM 03-24-2023
The Cards have a ton of cap space and are basically in a tank year. They should offer to eat alot of the deal and try to get the highest pick they can.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 270
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220 > Last »
Up