ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Raiders former 1st Round CB Damon Arnette [now cut]
Dante84 03:38 PM 01-20-2022
And now he gone.

The #Chiefs immediately released CB Damon Arnette after his arrest Friday night in Las Vegas for assault with a deadly weapon, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 29, 2022

...to a futures deal.

And of course we'll catch hell for a high-character signing.

The Chiefs have signed former Raiders first round CB Damon Arnette to a Reserve/Futures contract.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) January 20, 2022

Veach special. All about former first-round picks https://t.co/OH3sIlOcqA

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) January 20, 2022

Baker, Hughes, Arnette....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:20 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Can't say because I will get banned here if I mention it
At least show your data. You should be able to provide the "thugs" for every other team, given your statement. Correct?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:22 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Let's start a pool on how long he stays there. Pull a gun down there and someone is likely to pull out a bigger one. Crockett and Tubbs have long since retired.
Yeah, I don't see Miami as being the place where he's going to turn his life around.

I think the betting pool at this point is whether he's going to end up in prison, face down in the Everglades, or somewhere at the bottom of the ocean.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:24 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
At least show your data. You should be able to provide the "thugs" for every other team, given your statement. Correct?
Im a busy man , You go google them and I will answer yes or no for you. Deal?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Incredible talent?

Arnette had a 32.9 Pro Football Focus grade, the lowest I've ever seen. He ran a 4.56 40-yard time in the pre-draft process.

Still, he's a futures contract guy, teams have to fill their 90-man roster space. Not really a big deal. It's equivalent to a minor league contract and an invite to big league spring training in baseball.
Yeah - this was the thing I didn't understand.

This idea that he was "a first round talent!"

So Chris Jones is only a 2nd round talent because he was drafted in the 2nd? Travis Kelce was only a 3rd round talent?

Draft status means mostly dick once you're starting to put things on tape in the NFL. And what Arnette put on tape was baaaaaad. He was no sort of premier talent and if he were worth as much as a 7th round pick the Raiders would've traded him instead of cut him.

The guy was just shitty. And such a monumental tool that a team with a bad secondary and a bunch of sunk costs in him decided they'd rather go forward without him.

It was a bad signing. Oh sure, it didn't have much risk to it, but had the dumb motherfucker actually USED that gun instead of just drawn it, that whole 'what's the worst that could happen' question sure has a bad answer.

I said it at the time - this is NOT the kind of personality I want on this football team. All I asked was that he be cut prior to the start of next season - never figured he was such a dipshit that he'd get himself cut prior to the end of THIS one.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:26 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
What a ****ing tool. The very first thing he should have done was flee Las Vegas.

I've said it a hundred times - the NFL putting a team in that cesspool was insane.
I expect more from the visiting teams soon TBH
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456:
Arnette is now with the Dolphins
You're reading it backwards. He WAS on the Dolphins practice squad until their season ended and he was a FA again. We signed him to a futures deal and then cut his dumb ass this morning.

He hasn't signed elsewhere yet from anything I can see. I suspect he won't be.

The guy's a violent dipshit.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:32 PM 01-29-2022
Im a busy man , You go google them and I will answer yes or no for you. Deal?
No, you clearly already have the data. Here's your dumbass statement:

this is why the Chiefs have the most thugs per team than anyone.
How could you POSSIBLY compute those ratios without data (and a well-defined notion of "thug")?
[Reply]
jallmon 03:35 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Todd Blackledge.
Gawddammitt! I had all but forgotten that POS, and you had to bring him up. To the point, that sure was a bad, bad Round 1. Damn his hide.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:40 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're reading it backwards. He WAS on the Dolphins practice squad until their season ended and he was a FA again. We signed him to a futures deal and then cut his dumb ass this morning.

He hasn't signed elsewhere yet from anything I can see. I suspect he won't be.

The guy's a violent dipshit.
Okay, I will add "skeleton found in the Nevada desert 10 years from now" to the pool.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:59 PM 01-29-2022
Thanks for the memories Damon!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:48 PM 01-29-2022
I think this guy is taking “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” too literally.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:51 PM 01-29-2022
Im a busy man
Yeah, those lot lizards aren’t going to fuck themselves.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 03:38 PM 02-03-2022
Damon Arnette accused of pointing gun at valets, possession of cocaine
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-of-cocaine/

He will be back with you guys when he posts bail :-):-):-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:43 PM 02-03-2022
Damon Arnette accused of pointing gun at valets, possession of cocaine
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-of-cocaine/

He will be back with you guys when he posts bail :-):-):-)
Laugh it up. We didn’t blow a first round pick on this moron like your team did.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:43 PM 02-03-2022
C'mon guys. Let's not fight over this idiot and all hate on him together. And hope the Broncos sign him.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up