ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 654 of 3903
« First < 154554604644650651652653654 65565665765866470475411541654 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:03 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Washington State seems to have leveled off.
Not really:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...hington_(state)

Scroll down to the graph on the right. Still about 12% growth per day.

Some good news is that California only added 47 new cases yesterday. That's pretty incredible. Again, probably an outlier, but fingers crossed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:06 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Not really:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...hington_(state)

Scroll down to the graph on the right. Still about 12% growth per day.

Some good news is that California only added 47 new cases yesterday. That's pretty incredible. Again, probably an outlier, but fingers crossed.
I'm hoping that its a combination of the Virus not spreading, and or the "Herd" being more naturally immune than we thought.

Alot of stories of people no exhibiting any symptoms makes me thinks that maybe a certain percentage of the population bodies immune systems can fight it by themselves.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:09 AM 03-23-2020
Yes:

Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment.

A news release from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health this week advised doctors not to test those experiencing only mild respiratory symptoms unless “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

The recommendation reflects a "shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality," according to the statement.

At the same time, NY is now testing at a higher rate per capita than ROK, apparently.
If they are only testing people that need it and they are testing that much that can't be good.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:11 AM 03-23-2020
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
Same here. I'm waiting for the NY Health site I posted to be updated. They were accurate yesterday. Listed as the source on this site: https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york/
[Reply]
Donger 10:11 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I'm hoping that its a combination of the Virus not spreading, and or the "Herd" being more naturally immune than we thought.

Alot of stories of people no exhibiting any symptoms makes me thinks that maybe a certain percentage of the population bodies immune systems can fight it by themselves.
While this is a "novel" virus, which means we've never seen SARS-CoV-2 before, coronoaviruses in general are not novel at all. Some common colds are caused by coronaviruses, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. It's typically caused by a rhinovirus, however.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:17 AM 03-23-2020
While this is a "novel" virus, which means we've never seen SARS-CoV-2 before, coronoaviruses in general are not novel at all. Some common colds are caused by coronaviruses, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. It's typically caused by a rhinovirus, however.
Yeah which gives me hope,

That being said, we could have had all this information already had China not been well.... China
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:18 AM 03-23-2020
John Hopkins has updated their map so that you can see where the actual cases are in the US. One interesting note, just at first glance, is that the I-35 and I-25 corridors seem to be acting somewhat as a firewall for Mid-America....in between those two corridors, relatively speaking, you have much fewer cases than in other parts of the nation. Granted, those regions are relatively sparsely populated overall, but west of I-25 and east of I-35, you still see pretty prevalent outbreaks even in rural areas of other states.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:28 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
John Hopkins has updated their map so that you can see where the actual cases are in the US. One interesting note, just at first glance, is that the I-35 and I-25 corridors seem to be acting somewhat as a firewall for Mid-America....in between those two corridors, relatively speaking, you have much fewer cases than in other parts of the nation. Granted, those regions are relatively sparsely populated overall, but west of I-25 and east of I-35, you still see pretty prevalent outbreaks even in rural areas of other states.
Got a link?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:29 AM 03-23-2020
I think you underestimate the difference between "U.S. rural" and "western Kansas rural."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:30 AM 03-23-2020
Dr. Fauci interview with Science magazine

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:35 AM 03-23-2020

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think you underestimate the difference between "U.S. rural" and "western Kansas rural."

Central Nevada rural lols at all of you.

There's man it's nice to get away from people. And then there's ok this is getting kinda spooky, what if my car breaks down?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:37 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
No. I get western Kansas rural. And it isn't just western KS; take a look at Amarillo, Lubbock, Odessa, Topeka, Souix Falls. So far, all relatively, if not completely unscathed (knock on wood), and each with a population between 100-250K....
[Reply]
penguinz 10:38 AM 03-23-2020
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
Try this one... https://www.bing.com/covid?ref=share
[Reply]
notorious 11:13 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

One of the benefits of the US is we have a huge mixture of genetics and we travel/intermix constantly. As a whole our immune systems are the Dream Team of the world virus olympics.
[Reply]
Page 654 of 3903
« First < 154554604644650651652653654 65565665765866470475411541654 > Last »
Up