ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 647 of 3903
« First < 147547597637643644645646647 64864965065165769774711471647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:57 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’m in favor of locking down NYC like I Am Legend. Keep them from spreading it to the rest of the country.
again and again, rinse and repeat.....

We have no clue how far and deep this virus is among us due to a lack of wide spread testing.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:59 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Debi Mazar Tests Positive for Covid-19, Explains How She Found Out

I have no idea who this person is... BUT it begs the question... how often has this occurred? What if this situation is the norm and not the exception? Keep this in mind anytime you look at the numbers and remember we have NO CLUE how many people are already immune at this point. It could be .25% or it could be 25%. This virus has been running wild in America for MONTHS now. The first one we KNOW ABOUT is from late January...
She was the side girlfriend of Henry Hill who would help him mix drugs in Good Fellas.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:05 AM 03-23-2020
So I haven’t posted anything because I’m not sure I actually got it but I woke up last week with a back ache that prevented me from standing up straight. Then spent the weekend off and on sleeping. No real fever but a very minor now and then cough and a lot of clearing my throat. Again, not sure I have it but the back ache was really out of the blue. I have never had back problems. Has anyone heard or read if this is a symptom? Outside of “body aches” I’ve never heard of anyone having something like that but figured I’d ask here.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:09 AM 03-23-2020
So are people who know they had it just free to roam the streets like Contagion now?

Tom Hanks is gonna come out and be a huge spokesman for this thing I bet, assuming he pulls through.

Jesus I just thought of something - if they start giving out wristbands for people who test positive for antibodies or can prove a positive test far enough back - wristband people are gonna power the economy for a while. There's gonna be a big incentive for young healthy people to get it and recover so they can work. In Contagion it was so deadly no one would do that.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:45 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yeah... Probably wishful thinking but lets hope it didn't spread too much during spring break among those kids.
I'm glad when I was college kid on spring break the only thing we were worried about bringing back was herpes.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 12:52 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
So I haven’t posted anything because I’m not sure I actually got it but I woke up last week with a back ache that prevented me from standing up straight. Then spent the weekend off and on sleeping. No real fever but a very minor now and then cough and a lot of clearing my throat. Again, not sure I have it but the back ache was really out of the blue. I have never had back problems. Has anyone heard or read if this is a symptom? Outside of “body aches” I’ve never heard of anyone having something like that but figured I’d ask here.
Could be kidney related?
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:59 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Face it — we’re not really locked down. Too many people are still congregating and moving around. I get why things like the subway are on but until that stuff is shut down this is going to take longer to climb out of — maybe in a couple weeks with thousands are dying every day things will change?

Inevitable. Americans are as bad as Italians at this.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:29 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Champions:
Could be kidney related?
Didn't think of that. Has slowly gone away as the headache and other body aches have slowly gone away but will keep that in mind.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:31 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Inevitable. Americans are as bad as Italians at this.
I hear you but Italians are bad at it because it is just so much a part of their culture to congregate every day with family and friends. Every night it is a dinner party.

Americans just don't take things seriously until, well, it's serious. Once thousands of Americans start dying every day they may pay attention then. Or it may just be too easy to dismiss as someone else's problem until it hurts someone they know.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:58 AM 03-23-2020

True heroes.
Why can't we get people those suits you see on TV for outbreaks? Sure the fixed cost is high, but just disinfect and clean them daily. Also much more comfortable and safe for the workers.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:03 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

fucking DeSantis...
Still better than the governor we woulda got instead of him. He just got caught in a hotel room naked, with a male prostitute, some meth, and an overdose situation.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:04 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They'll go home to do their online classes and infect their entire family. What kind of parent lets their kid go on Spring Break during this?
Because children that age are great at listening.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:04 AM 03-23-2020

My buddy is a NYC firefighter. He's been posting I Am Legend pics on FB.
The original film The Omega Man was soooo much better than the remake I am Legend

Charlton Heston >>>> Will Smith
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:16 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I'm glad when I was college kid on spring break the only thing we were worried about bringing back was herpes.
Lol.

These truly are the dark times.
[Reply]
2112 06:25 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
The original film The Omega Man was soooo much better than the remake I am Legend

Charlton Heston >>>> Will Smith
I keep saying omega man and people look at me cross eyed. They say I am legend and I don’t know wtf they’re talking about.

Omega man for the win!
[Reply]
Page 647 of 3903
« First < 147547597637643644645646647 64864965065165769774711471647 > Last »
Up