ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
InChiefsHeaven 12:27 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
She ain't wrong.
No shit. Any word on how the little girl is doing? Totally sucks...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:32 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
No shit. Any word on how the little girl is doing? Totally sucks...
Haven't seen any updates since she came from the coma and left the hospital. Poor kid.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:35 PM 09-12-2022
Fuck, this whole thing sucks so much. I have zero sympathy for Britt. None. Nada. He needs to ask for the maximum sentence himself, just because. How do you live with yourself after something like this. Jail seems to be the obvious and easy part. FUCK drunk drivers... I don't care who they are!

https://sports.yahoo.com/family-of-y...185900864.html
[Reply]
DaFace 04:06 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Fuck, this whole thing sucks so much. I have zero sympathy for Britt. None. Nada. He needs to ask for the maximum sentence himself, just because. How do you live with yourself after something like this. Jail seems to be the obvious and easy part. FUCK drunk drivers... I don't care who they are!

https://sports.yahoo.com/family-of-y...185900864.html
I feel for them, but I'm not sure what exactly they're wanting to happen. It sounds like Missouri law tops out at 7 years, and there's no guarantee that a long trial would result in more than the 4 years in the plea deal. And really, would they feel THAT much better if it was 7 instead of 4? You can be mad that the law is what it is, but not sure much else can really be done here.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:22 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I feel for them, but I'm not sure what exactly they're wanting to happen. It sounds like Missouri law tops out at 7 years, and there's no guarantee that a long trial would result in more than the 4 years in the plea deal. And really, would they feel THAT much better if it was 7 instead of 4? You can be mad that the law is what it is, but not sure much else can really be done here.
I get the emotional response from the mother, I would be highly emotional too if it were my child/family member. It really is the law that needs to change. Frankly, I believe if this case hadn't been so highly publicized Britt would probably get felony probation or some similar slap on the wrist, not the 4 year plea.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:03 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Having watched what a family that went through this because of a drunk driver, I will never feel that 7 years, much less 4, is even close to being the price that should be paid for such an avoidable terrible decision.

Sorry this is a topic that I have little objectivity on. It's one of those, "play with the bull (drinking and driving), get the horns (when you fuck up)". People who get behind the wheel drunk should fear getting ass-raped for many decades because they think they're OK.

Like I said, I'm not objective.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:23 PM 11-01-2022
Britt Reid is scheduled to be sentenced this afternoon, Tuesday Nov. 01, 2022
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:29 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Britt Reid is scheduled to be sentenced tomorrow afternoon, Tuesday Nov. 01, 2022
What continent you posting from?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:34 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
What continent you posting from?
Antarctica
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:28 AM 11-02-2022
https://www.nfl.com/news/ex-chiefs-a...ears-in-prison

Ex-Chiefs assistant Britt Reid was sentenced to three years in prison.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:46 AM 11-02-2022
I'm glad to see the Chiefs organization has committed to helping support the family. Most people have no idea the expense of having to care for a child injured like this. I hope the family has done their due diligence in estimating the cost so they're adequately covered.
[Reply]
kevrunner 11:35 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I'm glad to see the Chiefs organization has committed to helping support the family. Most people have no idea the expense of having to care for a child injured like this. I hope the family has done their due diligence in estimating the cost so they're adequately covered.
I thought this was a settlement between the Chiefs and the victim’s family in order to avoid a huge lawsuit. Don’t think the Chiefs organization volunteered to pay the medical, it was a settlement. A lot of questions regarding Reid consuming alcohol at the facility, was it known, was he drinking alone, how often did he drink?

“Will the Chiefs or the NFL ever provide public answers to these questions? Last November, the Chiefs reached an agreement to provide the family of Ariel Young, who was five years old at the time, “with world-class medical care and long-term financial stability.” Those terms undoubtedly were the subject of a settlement as to any claims that could have been made against the Chiefs.”
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 AM 11-02-2022
3 years.

Hope Andy is okay. Has to be brutal to know your son is going to prison for 3 years. Any years.

I know you don't read CP, Andy, but we're pulling for you, Big Red.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:26 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
3 years.

Hope Andy is okay. Has to be brutal to know your son is going to prison for 3 years. Any years.

I know you don't read CP, Andy, but we're pulling for you, Big Red.
Yeah, I've got nothing against Andy.

I bet he wishes he hadn't hired the lowest-cost nanny when the kids were little, though.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:36 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I've got nothing against Andy.

I bet he wishes he hadn't hired the lowest-cost nanny when the kids were little, though.
Britt and Garrett probably both should not have been allowed to have driver's licenses. That was the real problem.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up