ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1151 of 2688
« First < 15165110511101114111471148114911501151 115211531154115511611201125116512151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:17 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They were pretty harmless picks with a big lead. Those are the good kind of picks, lol
I think today on that Bouye pick and the bad sack he took, I get why he was doing it, it’s what makes him special. But maybe just be a little more resistant to try those things against a defense like that.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:18 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think today on that Bouye pick and the bad sack he took, I get why he was doing it, it’s what makes him special. But maybe just be a little more resistant to try those things against a defense like that.
Andy is probably glad those bad plays happened. They easily won the game, but those bad plays give Mahomes some good tape to learn from.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:20 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know he threw the picks today but I was impressed with how he responded to them. Stayed motivated. Was leading the sideline with tons of energy when the defense was out there. He never gets down.
Yup. First int... Good read, missed throw. I'm ok with that.

Second int... Only reason I hate it is anyone looking at the box score will claim he had a 2 pick game. That was a throwaway pass on a drive that pretty much meant nothing.

I thought against Jax we might see an int or two where mahomes presses into tight coverage. Those were INTs I'm fine with.
[Reply]
Coach 04:23 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Second int... Only reason I hate it is anyone looking at the box score will claim he had a 2 pick game. That was a throwaway pass on a drive that pretty much meant nothing.

I thought against Jax we might see an int or two where mahomes presses into tight coverage. Those were INTs I'm fine with.
The 2nd INT, I think the ball was slightly behind the WR, which allowed the DB to make the pick, if I recall.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:24 PM 10-07-2018

He's avoiding those mistakes in the bad parts of the field, like the Red Zone or deep in Chiefs territory. Bortles had multiple INT's of that type today. Two in the end zone and a pick 6 deep in Jags territory.

Mahomes did a good job on multiple drives where the Chiefs were backed up deep with crap field position. Made good decisions/throws to move out of the bad field position.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:26 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
The 2nd INT, I think the ball was slightly behind the WR, which allowed the DB to make the pick, if I recall.
Nothing has been made how he overcame critical drops by Kareem ,Kelce, and Conley. The kid is special
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:28 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Nothing has been made how he overcame critical drops by Kareem ,Kelce, and Conley. The kid is special
and at no time does he ever look rattled. Keeps his calm demeanor, plays cheerleader on the sideline etc...
[Reply]
Coach 04:28 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Oh I agree, those drops didn't help Pat, for sure.

I'm not one bit bothered by the INT's today. The first one was just shoddy footwork/overthrew his WR.

The 2nd one was more contested/ball placement, which the game was almost already decided.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:38 PM 10-07-2018
Ugh, stupid fan takes as usual on Twitter. Jags fans claiming mahomes had the same stats as bortles. Gtfo with that shit. Bortles playing catch up and mahomes protecting a lead. And mahomes didn't throw a few TDs because hunt got the job done near the goal line. Its pretty amazing that any jags fan watches that game and defends bortles. Hes getting the Alex Smith treatment over there.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:40 PM 10-07-2018

agree on the first INT, the second one was just a bad decision plain and simple. He won't make that mistake again I bet.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:40 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Oh I agree, those drops didn't help Pat, for sure.

I'm not one bit bothered by the INT's today. The first one was just shoddy footwork/overthrew his WR.

The 2nd one was more contested/ball placement, which the game was almost already decided.
If there's any issue with the INTs and it is easy to fix... Mahomes has had some problems stepping up in the pocket. He reads the pocket well. But hes had a few issues stepping into those throws.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:42 PM 10-07-2018
Don't care about the late pick.

I don't want him to be more conservative.

He's going to try to make plays wherever he can on the field.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:42 PM 10-07-2018
Not enough is being made about how physically exhausting it is to play the Chiefs offense right now.

These defenses are gassed by the 4th quarter each and every week.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:43 PM 10-07-2018
Ugh, stupid fan takes as usual on Twitter. Jags fans claiming mahomes had the same stats as bortles. Gtfo with that shit. Bortles playing catch up and mahomes protecting a lead. And mahomes didn't throw a few TDs because hunt got the job done near the goal line. Its pretty amazing that any jags fan watches that game and defends bortles. Hes getting the Alex Smith treatment over there.
Bortles had 3 backbreaking interceptions that caused a 21 point swing for the Chiefs. Both of Mahomes' picks were harmless at midfield, one of them offset by a Bortles fumble on the very next play.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:46 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Don't care about the late pick.

I don't want him to be more conservative.

He's going to try to make plays wherever he can on the field.
I agree. I want to stay aggressive even in short yardage situations
[Reply]
Page 1151 of 2688
« First < 15165110511101114111471148114911501151 115211531154115511611201125116512151 > Last »
Up