ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1098 of 2688
« First < 985989981048108810941095109610971098 109911001101110211081148119815982098 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
Rams have an offense to rival ours, Stephen.

Chiefs did all of this right. Of course they gave him weapons.
Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Gurley.

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I mentioned it in a thread a few days ago, but they have like four 3 and outs all season to this point. Their offense isn't (wasn't?) as explosive as ours, but holy crap it's efficient.

And I've cited McVay as the only coach I'd take over Reid so I'm obviously pretty damn impressed by his ability to run an offense.

The Rams are just so absurdly good pretty much across the board. And for the record - had Stan Kroenke not gone full Rachel Phelps while they were in STL, they'd have absolutely had rabid fan support in St. Louis right now. What he did to that franchise before stealing it away was absolutely criminal.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:15 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Rams are just so absurdly good pretty much across the board. And for the record - had Stan Kroenke not gone full Rachel Phelps while they were in STL, they'd have absolutely had rabit fan support in St. Louis right now. What he did to that franchise before stealing it away was absolutely criminal.
It never was about fan support or even the stadium in St. Louis. It was all about Stan making his net worth sky rise and becoming the premier franchise in Los Angeles.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:25 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It never was about fan support or even the stadium in St. Louis. It was all about Stan making his net worth sky rise and becoming the premier franchise in Los Angeles.

Which he has done & getting Stan’s World in LA.

He will end up with the most valuable franchise in sports.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:52 PM 09-28-2018

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I mentioned it in a thread a few days ago, but they have like four 3 and outs all season to this point. Their offense isn't (wasn't?) as explosive as ours, but holy crap it's efficient.

And I've cited McVay as the only coach I'd take over Reid so I'm obviously pretty damn impressed by his ability to run an offense.

The Rams are just so absurdly good pretty much across the board. And for the record - had Stan Kroenke not gone full Rachel Phelps while they were in STL, they'd have absolutely had rabit fan support in St. Louis right now. What he did to that franchise before stealing it away was absolutely criminal.
So far the most impressive thing is the OL. Goff has forever to throw back there.

Mahomes is apparently 2nd highest in the league for the amount of pressure he has faced. He is doing very well despite somewhat shaky OL performance.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:09 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I LOVE HAVING A BADASS QB

Awesome! :-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:18 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
I like him too. I remember being pumped when we drafted him. His highlight reel with Aaron Murray was impressive as hell. Plus, he was the 3rd fastest WR at the combine with a 40’ of 4.35, I believe and STILL holds the Combine vertical record record of 45 inches... Physical ability has obviously always been there.

Always wondered what he could do with a WR-friendly QB. This year could be a breakout year for him.
Conley has caught 5 passes on 7 targets for 45 yards in 3 games. Anthony Sherman has more yards.

He's more of a factor in the red zone because we now have a QB who actually will throw the ball INTO the endzone rather than dumping it off in front and waiting for the WR to run it in EVERY time. Hell, the freaking water boy is going to have 4 TD's by the end of the season the way Patrick is finding everyone.

He's not a bigger part of our offense. The guy is on pace to have less than 300 yards. He's getting less targets than he did with Alex.

Not surprising, given his reduced role.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:26 PM 09-28-2018

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

The Rams are just so absurdly good pretty much across the board. And for the record - had Stan Kroenke not gone full Rachel Phelps while they were in STL, they'd have absolutely had rabid fan support in St. Louis right now. What he did to that franchise before stealing it away was absolutely criminal.
Ownership pulled a Rachel Phelps to get the team moved to St. Louis back in 95.

Not that two wrongs make a 'who cares', but the Rams do this when they want to move.

I'm not sure hiring Jeff Fisher was done to intentionally tank. I remember MOST of the people on this forum were RABID to hire Fisher around here.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 04:34 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have attended around 50 games at Arrowhead, including the Hasty pick 6 against the Raiders that resulted in Marty kissing Hasty, and the Vanover punt return TD on MNF, and the Montana vs Young game with DT calling his shot with the safety, and those were all very, very loud.

But the single loudest explosion that I have ever experienced at Arrowhead is the playoff game against the Colts when Dante Hall broke free and it became obvious he was going to return the kick for a TD. I was at about the 45 yard line, 15 rows up behind the Colts' bench, and normally the bottom bowl that close to the field isn't as loud as some other spots, but I could feel the cheer in my chest, and it was impossible to understand what anyone around me was saying.

I believe that PM2 is going to provide so many roars, like that one, over the course of his career and I can't wait.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
That brings back some great memories of games at Arrowhead. The DT safety call was against the Jeff George Raiders BTW. I was on the 15 yard line on the Chiefs side near the tunnel. That crowd was so loud, you could literally feel your skin vibrate. I can't wait until I get an opportunity to watch Mahomes live at Arrowhead.....
[Reply]
rico 04:46 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Conley has caught 5 passes on 7 targets for 45 yards in 3 games. Anthony Sherman has more yards.

He's more of a factor in the red zone because we now have a QB who actually will throw the ball INTO the endzone rather than dumping it off in front and waiting for the WR to run it in EVERY time. Hell, the freaking water boy is going to have 4 TD's by the end of the season the way Patrick is finding everyone.

He's not a bigger part of our offense. The guy is on pace to have less than 300 yards. He's getting less targets than he did with Alex.

Not surprising, given his reduced role.
Interesting. Didn’t realize that.

Still, I think the potential is there to have a good statistical season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ownership pulled a Rachel Phelps to get the team moved to St. Louis back in 95.

Not that two wrongs make a 'who cares', but the Rams do this when they want to move.

I'm not sure hiring Jeff Fisher was done to intentionally tank. I remember MOST of the people on this forum were RABID to hire Fisher around here.
"Most" is a VAST overstatement.

I believe there was a segment of the fanbase that wanted to do so (though I'd argue that the CP% was smaller than the general fanbase). I'll admit that Reid was not my first choice - my first choice has since been fired (Gus Bradley - sure looks like that would've been a mess).

But I think the Fisher contingent was much smaller than you're suggesting.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:00 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
This is probably the greatest and most accurate thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Brilliant.
[Reply]
rico 05:15 PM 09-28-2018
"Most" is a VAST overstatement.

I believe there was a segment of the fanbase that wanted to do so (though I'd argue that the CP% was smaller than the general fanbase). I'll admit that Reid was not my first choice - my first choice has since been fired (Gus Bradley - sure looks like that would've been a mess).

But I think the Fisher contingent was much smaller than you're suggesting.
I think I vaguely remember you pulling for him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:27 PM 09-28-2018

Patrick loves the game so much he even smiles when hands off
[Reply]
Simply Red 09-28-2018, 05:31 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: can't be first around here for nothing
Talisman 05:31 PM 09-28-2018
Raygun (Des Moines T-shirt shop) is jumping in on the Mahomes mania.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:31 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Patrick loves the game so much he even smiles when hands off
Jesus. He looks dead inside there.
[Reply]
Page 1098 of 2688
« First < 985989981048108810941095109610971098 109911001101110211081148119815982098 > Last »
Up