ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 44
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:04 PM 09-04-2022
I am glad I am unencumbered with political agenda, because I have enjoyed the show thus far.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:07 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Watched the first two episodes last night with a friend who is a huge JRRT fan.

We both thought they were pretty good.
One or both parts of your statement was a lie.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:36 PM 09-04-2022
It’s okay so far. I’m guessing maybe it’s more interesting or perhaps more tendency to dislike it for those who know the source material. We are still trying to figure out who is who for the most part. The wife did say that she thinks the Galadria (sp?) isn’t believable and the actress tries too hard to be tough.

Something else really annoying about her character, but maybe I’m missing something. She’s been going to the ends of the earth looking for orcs with no success right? But apparently she really sucks at it because they are basically in broad daylight attacking or preparing to attack well known human settlements. Sort of undermines her as some expert smart leader though that doesn’t seem to be on purpose.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:23 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I thought it was good. What a surprise the ****ing whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. ****ing kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
I'd imagine shopping at Spencer's gifts is like going to a modern art museum for you...
[Reply]
srvy 04:26 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I thought it was good. What a surprise the fucking whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. Fucking kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
:-)Spazz spazzing out over someone's opinion of a TV show.:-)

[Reply]
BlackOp 04:36 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't say when or if I'll ever get around to watching this based on all the reviews and opinions out there, but I will say this show has inspired me to re-watch the Lord of the Rings extended versions. About to start up Return of the King, and I've legit enjoyed revisiting these movies.
Interesting that several people fell asleep while watching it...including myself.

That was two days ago...and haven't really thought about picking up where I left off.

Not a good sign...wasted opportunity.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:17 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Interesting that several people fell asleep while watching it...including myself.

That was two days ago...and haven't really thought about picking up where I left off.

Not a good sign...wasted opportunity.
I turned it off when Nori's father broke his ankle and I realized that I did not give a single shit about it, or them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:20 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I turned it off when Nori's father broke his ankle and I realized that I did not give a single shit about it, or them.
I think the real problem so far is you don't really care about ANY of the characters at all and we're now 2 hours into it.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:17 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think the real problem so far is you don't really care about ANY of the characters at all and we're now 2 hours into it.
Exactly, the black elf was honestly the only remotely interesting character in the first 2 episodes :-)

They made Galadriel absolutely unlikable. She's angry, entitled, and basically just a cunt.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:33 PM 09-04-2022
I tried it.

It was terrible and spit on the original vision.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:00 PM 09-04-2022
My favorite part was when Galadriel, Princess Warrior, drew her light sabre and proclaimed you're a jedi, Harry!

I'm literally crying as I type this.
So stunning. Very brave.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:12 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly, the black elf was honestly the only remotely interesting character in the first 2 episodes :-)

They made Galadriel absolutely unlikable. She's angry, entitled, and basically just a cunt.
I like the black elf guy. He seems like a stoic bad ass without being a jerk. The other elves are mostly effete pansies. His love interest is compelling as well. Something almost gypsy-ish about her. And, come on, that boy is his. And as dumb as some of the Gladriel stuff is there were some interesting parts to it. It's the Harfoot bullshit. It's painfully bad.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:14 PM 09-04-2022
They could have told this entire story through the character of black elf guy and it probably would have been cool.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:18 PM 09-04-2022
I have zero problem with them casting the whitest looking black dude they could find to pull off the elf look
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have zero problem with them casting the whitest looking black dude they could find to pull off the elf look
:-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 44
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up